Springfield Expansion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This concept art is just so mesmerizing. I seriously cannot take my eyes off of it. I have nothing bad to say about it with what I'm seeing in the concept art. I'm just really intrigued to find out what interactive stuff HTF was talking about! and I'm wondering does Itchy and Scratchy have any place in this expansion at all? because they are big characters in the show. If not, then maybe for a future plan? but anyways I'm BEYOND STOKED and I really hope it turns out to be as amazing as it looks! And the Simpsons definitely DESERVES a land like this. Btw HTF will Barney be mentioned or shown in some way in Moe's?

I think there's a carnival game that has an Itchy and Scratchy theme, but I'm not sure. And then you always have them in the safety spiel video for the Simpsons Ride :thumbs:

I think there's a carnival game that has an Itchy and Scratchy theme, but I'm not sure. And then you always have them in the safety spiel video for the Simpsons Ride :thumbs:

That's true! Thanks I totally forgot about that. It's pretty hilarious too. And I was just thinking if in the future and I know it wouldn't be for a long time, but how amazing does a Simpsons Dark Ride sound? Like I know we have mentioned it on here more than a few times, but think of all the possibilities for a TRUE dark ride for the Simpsons. There are so many characters and storylines you could use! It wouldn't happen but do you think a dark ride could fit in Animal Actors spot?

Anyone know when all the stuff in this expansion is open by. I'm going to Orlando in early July and really hope I don't miss this.

It's set to open up the same day as Transformers, which would be the 20th of June. Doesn't look like you'll be missing out. :thumbs:

No way that Kang/Kodos spinner will be done by then. Methinks it'll open up in phases.

Well, 'Methinks' it will be done by then because it is like a carnival game (but nicer) they haul it in, in a few parts then put it together and it's done :homer:

As far as the stained glass windows, it's pretty obvious to me that the masking is still on top of the vinyl and they haven't removed it yet. Once they do, it will look better than it does now.

Are there going to be a lot less patio tables? As it appears in the concept art, it would be hard to use the facades of Moe's or any of the restaurants as a good photo op with those umbrellas in the way.

The Flaming Moe will be offered. It will be non-alcoholic and the "flaming" effect looks like it will be achieved with something along the lines of dry ice or liquid nitrogen based on a picture I saw. No idea what is actually in the drink though.
Cool! Is it impossible to put something in liquid nitrogen to make it red or orange? I hope it taste sweet like fruit punch(my favorite drink) and is frozen.

Last edited:
http://t.co/YmF9cAKvmf

I'd be surprised if they didn't spin, to be honest. The name is awfully extreme for a simple spinner.:lol:

And in the concept art, on the pink and purple pods that are closest to us, the people are clearly facing different ways.

Just read this on the new Orlando Informer article:Not only does this add another attraction that younger guests can ride in the park, but it seems in the art – and the attraction name itself – that this spinner will come with a twist: the flying saucers may rotate individually while going around the spinner. Think Storm Force Accelatron in Marvel Superhero Island mixed with One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish in Seuss Landing.
-I just thought I would show you that regardless if it's true or not lol

First, I also think non-alcoholic Flaming Moes are pointless :down:

Second, isn't it unsafe to use liquid nitrogen in a drink? :inquisitive:

Yes. I can see why it isn't being served en fuego, but don't take all the fun out of it.

And it's safe, but dangerous. It obviously can't be drank until all the LN has evaporated, and a quick Google search can find out what happens when things go wrong.