Springfield Expansion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So that loser is trying to steal my info and post it as his own...

Both of us. Trying to take credit for finding the permits (which Reel and I found) and the hard concrete info you put out. Love that twitter is bashing them...including people that contribute to the site that shall not be named.

Thanks for the info hatetofly! Pardon my ignorance but do you mind me asking how you have access to these amazing details? Or is it just one of those "I know a guy" type deals?

No comment, sorry :thumbs:

Is it bad that I'm the most excited for Lard Lad? Some creative, fresh, and exclusive donuts could be an awesome specialty treat in USF.

They already sell one flavor of generic donuts in the Kwik-E-Mart, BTW. :thumbs:

From AmusementPics

io2tKORbFwkjH.jpg

iozR4jwdlpmQi.jpg

Hopefully with the real Lard Lad's, we'll be able to get a bigger array of flavors. Perhaps they'll even be made on site. :drool5:

The lagoon's edge beer garden should make for a nice place for an evening brew. And it and the spinner should kick up the view from Potter at night.

They already sell one flavor of generic donuts in the Kwik-E-Mart, BTW. :thumbs:

Hopefully with the real Lard Lad's, we'll be able to get a bigger array of flavors. Perhaps they'll even be made on site. :drool5:

Yea, I know they were there, but more fresh ones and more varieties would be amazing.

Even though I never really have followed Simpson's Im glad Uni is expanding on this area and making it nicer! Excited to see it!

The spinner...is it gonna be like one fish two fish or a ground spinner like a mater's? Really confused bc i keep seeing mater but also hearing about views for Potter...

I nearly cried reading hatetofly's post. Pitiful, I know. THANK YOU, UNIVERSAL. THANK YOU.

This sounds fantastic! Good to see Universal recognising the winning formula and using it again to build on their success. And thanks HTF et all for putting in the work to get us the deets :thumbs:

Thanks for the updates, pics and info HTF! :thumbs:

I'm very excited for this too! The ride is definitely not my favorite in the park, but I love the Simpsons so this is great! Plus I just love that Uni is getting more theming, more attractions, and just getting better and better all around! And the speed at which they're going at it! :D I'm pumped!

Im over from the UK next year for my first solo trip. I will prob spend 3 or 4 days at Uni rather than my usual 2. There is just going to be so much to see and do. Throw in Transformers, HP2, Seuss and whatever else they have in the pipeline and folk like myself will be staying for a week. Im a DVC owner (ok dont bash me to hard :ears:) but will have no problem renting points so I can stay a week at UNI instead of Disney.

Uni really are leading the way whilst Disney sit back losing more and more market share. Well done Uni long may it continue.

Also well done HTF and all the others who bring trusted reliable news and fantastic photos of contruction progress. Im a huge fan of the parks and through this site I can get a daily fix rather than waiting for my yearly trip over. The progress in just the Couple of months since I was there is insane.

Many thanks from the UK and roll on OCT 2013, will be my first HHN too.

Wow, some of my guesses were right woohoo!! :happy:

With all that waterfront being built into, they had to do something for Cinespec....but I'm sure Duff Gardens will be just a beer stand, no way they can fit a mini-brewery out there...so onto the more important question...who's making that beer? :lol:

I'm guessing Florida Beer Company will make Duff as well.

I just hope "Duff Gardens" gives us some actual gardens. Would be nice to get a Paradise Park-like waterfront over there.

I know there's not much excitement for the spinner here, but as the uncle to a 39" toddler, I'm very excited for it. Assuming it'll be like Dumbo, then it'll be a new ride at USF that little children can ride (and there is a large lack of them at the resort in general, especially when compared to WDW).

As a big Simpsons fan, I'm equally excited for the new dining facades. Even if the interior is not a major overhaul to the current set-up, the witty jokes and humor that'll be included will make it worth it.

First off, I think a big hats off to Hate is in order for the awesome updates yesterday.

I think the Spinner is a great addition. Yes, it's not a thrill ride, but not every addition needs to be. It's to supplement an already existing area of the park, and they are already adding 2 E-tickets on each side of the lagoon.

I just can't wait for the food, and hopefully they use better burger meat than they use at Richters, I want a big juicy, greasy burger from Krustys