Springfield Expansion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As someone who grew up on The Simpsons (I'm a 90's child) and watched it religiously and taped nearly every episode and watched until the vhs player broke and bought the seasons on DVD, let me just say I'm pretty excited for this. Duff Gardens is sounding amazing and I cannot wait to sit at the bar at Moe's Tavern.

On a related side note, they REALLY need to make the fact that they're TWO full-day theme parks completely clear and in your face. I have some friends in town this week (crazy enough already, in the middle of spring break and holy week), and they booked an 8-day vacation with a travel agent, and got 8 days of admission to Disney and 1 day to Universal! :bonk: They're regretting it right now... to say the least. Anyways, I don't think people are WELL aware that there's two parks at UOR, they just say Universal and think everything's there, all in one.

Honestly, prior to WWOHP you could easily do both parks in one day even in peak summer. I did it when my husband's friends were down and that was without express passes or anything. We did IOA first and then hopped on over and did Studios. So that may be why most people think of it as something that can be done in one day. WWOHP changed everything, because if you want to do that part of the park you are easily going to need 4 hours to do everything because of the lines to just get into the stores. In addition to the crowds in general it brought to Uni. So now you cannot do both parks in 2 days. I will say Studios can be done in way less than a day still, but that will change with Phase 2.

BTW, we did take advantage of single rider lines.

Honestly, prior to WWOHP you could easily do both parks in one day even in peak summer. I did it when my husband's friends were down and that was without express passes or anything. We did IOA first and then hopped on over and did Studios. So that may be why most people think of it as something that can be done in one day. WWOHP changed everything, because if you want to do that part of the park you are easily going to need 4 hours to do everything because of the lines to just get into the stores. In addition to the crowds in general it brought to Uni. So now you cannot do both parks in 2 days. I will say Studios can be done in way less than a day still, but that will change with Phase 2.

BTW, we did take advantage of single rider lines.

I find this hard to believe. I did both parks in an average day, did most rides, had a couple meals, and it took the whole day. We did maybe 1 show, and didn't have express. I don't think we waited more than 30 minutes for one ride. But both parks easily in a SUMMER day? That's a stretch. And I think Epcot, AK, and DHS can be done in one day with good planning.

I find this hard to believe. I did both parks in an average day, did most rides, had a couple meals, and it took the whole day. We did maybe 1 show, and didn't have express. I don't think we waited more than 30 minutes for one ride. But both parks easily in a SUMMER day? That's a stretch. And I think Epcot, AK, and DHS can be done in one day with good planning.

Well before Potter, it's believable. I used to do Universal more over Disney during the summer because Uni had more managable crowds.

Today from Orlando Informer:

Sledge Homer at [HASHTAG]#NewSimpsonsland[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL officially debuting later this morning pic.twitter.com/dqpqgCmyqq

BGXdnsFCIAAj_O1.jpg:large

Work continues in the [HASHTAG]#NewSimpsonsland[/HASHTAG] construction area pic.twitter.com/NiksQLNz7O

BGXp8YhCQAEax9o.jpg:large

Something sort of extended platform area going into [HASHTAG]#NewSimpsonsland[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL pic.twitter.com/MlzCnTGjjQ

BGXrJOGCEAEWSPI.jpg:large

Also from our friend, OrlandoInformer, you can see some Springfield construction beginning on the 55-second mark:

[video=youtube;N57qjDdg-2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N57qjDdg-2s[/video]

Those people exist?

My night nurses husband interviewed for the monorail position and failed to get past the first question because he said the monorail went to Animal Kingdom. They asked him to name all the places it went to and one of the first ones he said was AK. So yes, all kinds exist :)

- - - Updated - - -

Remember this was pre-potter, different levels of crowds. Yes, Epcot is a 1 day park. AK and DHS to me are half day parks, when we used to visit here prior to moving here we would do AK or DHS and then switch over to MK. Epcot if you really spend time in innovations and the countries makes it a full day park. Magic Kingdom for most people is a multi-day park if you really want to see everything or like I said, do one day, but then come back to it after your AK or DHS visit.

Sledge Homer does look a bit out of place but oh well, it's supposed to look like a tacky carnival anyway. I'm wondering how far along the interior of Moe's is.

The NoC posted yesterday revealed that Nassal is doing $1.368 million of work for Simpsons. I don't know why, but that surprised me. I guess in total it makes sense.

AP reports that Don Payne, the Emmy award producer/writer for the Simpsons, passed away this week at the age of 48 from bone cancer. He also wrote the movie scripts for Thor & FF-Silver Surfer.

AP reports that Don Payne, the Emmy award producer/writer for the Simpsons, passed away this week at the age of 48 from bone cancer. He also wrote the movie scripts for Thor & FF-Silver Surfer.

I wonder of they will add some kind of Easter egg or cameo involving him.

Sam Simon one of the original creators of The Simpsons has colorectal cancer and only has a few months to live.