Springfield Expansion | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just had an interesting thought...if Universal hadn't built the Simpsons ride a few years ago, I wonder how much better Springfield could've been! Just going by Universals new concept of making every new land as close to the real thing as possible, they could've really incorporated every major aspect of the show into the land and maybe even have a dark ride that has those elements (I.e Nuclear Power Plant ride)...ahhh, what could have been!

I just had an interesting thought...if Universal hadn't built the Simpsons ride a few years ago, I wonder how much better Springfield could've been! Just going by Universals new concept of making every new land as close to the real thing as possible, they could've really incorporated every major aspect of the show into the land and maybe even have a dark ride that has those elements (I.e Nuclear Power Plant ride)...ahhh, what could have been!

It has been said that there are no plans for Springfield Phase III, but that can change if there is enough reason. :pray:

Just throwing it out there that Toon Lagoon was originally a Springfield Concept...

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the Simpsons....but I honestly think when Springfield is complete it will be enough. On the other hand I would've loved a Simpsons dark ride with AA's instead of the carbon copy of BTTF but that's neither here nor there.

Update:

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
Awesome pics, Mike! Thanks for the update! :thumbs:

Cletus' (?) looks pretty much finished and ready for some paint! And now we shift our attention to the other side of the street...

I hate to sound like a spoiled child, which I am, but there taking there sweet ass time with the Simpson's area. In comparison Transformers was built WWWAAAAYYY faster. There dragging there ass painting buildings and it's been nothing but dirt on the other side for months. Whats the deal. At this pace they might be finished by the End of August.

I hate to sound like a spoiled child, which I am, but there taking there sweet ass time with the Simpson's area. In comparison Transformers was built WWWAAAAYYY faster. There dragging there ass painting buildings and it's been nothing but dirt on the other side for months. Whats the deal. At this pace they might be finished by the End of August.

Putting their efforts into the other side of the lagoon........staggering the opening with Transformers (smart move!)........making some changes to original concept (?). I think we'll see this finish with a flourish and open by the 4th of July.

Really?!? If this were Disney this project would take at least 4.5 years and open in 3 phases. Moe's, then Duff Gardens, with the spinner opening last. And let's not forget, 3 separate grand opening media events. :lol:

Really?!? If this were Disney this project would take at least 4.5 years and open in 3 phases. Moe's, then Duff Gardens, with the spinner opening last. And let's not forget, 3 separate grand opening media events :lol: to shower the mommy bloggers with luxurious gifts, extravagant food and alcohol . :lol:

Fixed it for ya :lol:

Disney's hype machine is unparalleled. I'm pretty sure people will come away wondering what was so "monstrous" about this Summer, much like they peek around New Fantasyland, ride Little Mermaid once, and then wonder what the big deal was.

This looks like it will get a "NOW OPEN!" acknowledgement when it's all said and done and that's about it.

Wow...I wonder why they decided to go with Toon Lagoon instead.

Fox wouldn't sell the rights at that time. They were a little full of themselves back then with the Simpsons. I mean back then that's all they really had..

As I said before your going to see some serious "installation" work and the next 4-5 weeks are going to be very fun to watch. June my friend is the target...

Fox wouldn't sell the rights at that time. They were a little full of themselves back then with the Simpsons. I mean back then that's all they really had..

Toon Lagoon should really be named "This is all we could get Lagoon".

So many better plans went down the drain because the head of Uni back in the day was cheap.