Springfield Expansion | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got some interesting intel,

For your first chance at a Krustyburger or Duff Beer be at the park on the first of June...

Wow, if that happens its gonna be huge thats Gay Days weekend in Orlando, I believe Sunday is the day there is a big gathering at Universal. Those alcohol sales O__O will be huge if Moes and Duff open then

Duff looks like a great place. Not a huge fan of the food concepts (as I've said before) but the beer garden looks fantastic. Can't believe more orlando parks haven't gotten into that new niche.

For your first chance at a Krustyburger or Duff Beer be at the park on the first of June...

This lessens the sting of Transformers probably not being open when I go up later.

Edit : Oh my god yes, just realized I'll be there during Gay Days.

Seriously, this is the friendliest time of the year, all the guests are just incredibly nice.

YES! Transformers and Simpsons!?! So excited! (Please be true!)

- - - Updated - - -

This lessens the sting of Transformers probably not being open when I go up later.

Edit : Oh my god yes, just realized I'll be there during Gay Days.

Seriously, this is the friendliest time of the year, all the guests are just incredibly nice.

When is Gay Days?

Anybody got a clue on why they changed KFP at the last minute to "Cletus's Chicken Stack"? Were they concerned about possibly offending Asian guests that might view it as racist or something?

Purely speculating but with the whole horse-meat scandal accross the UK and Europe over the winter they might not have been wanting a new restaurant to be linked with that, even though most people are aware its not actually panda lol

Or could just be too close to KFC for the legals liking!

I don't think we had any night shots of the new signs, so i grabbed some. Doesn't look like Moe's or Krusty's is ready to be lit.

When signs like that are put up, they are ready to go. If they aren't on its because someone hasn't flipped the switch.

Just got home from Uni. Sorry today was not a picture kinda day due to the crowds and I was with my family. So a mental picture is a must here :)

Saw the restaraunts and the area for the first time since before it went down for construction. The Restraunts look AWESOME. The Moe's sign kinda sticks out just a little in color scheme but certainly not as bad as in the pictures. They are making progress on the brewery but the entire site was empty of construction workers or any progress being made whatsoever. There is a ton of work left to be done but it's going to look fantastic!

Gringotts and Transformers are both dark rides.

I have to assume something will come to the KidZone, and whatever ends up in Seuss.

see thats why i said personally to me gringotts is a rollarcoaster, transformers is more vague, i can see why some would call them enhanced 4d shows. to me a real dark ride of nothing but practical effects on an omni mover, cat in the hat. haunted mansion etc.

something with animatronic simpsons would be sweet but sadly not going to happen

see thats why i said personally to me gringotts is a rollarcoaster, transformers is more vague, i can see why some would call them enhanced 4d shows. to me a real dark ride of nothing but practical effects on an omni mover, cat in the hat. haunted mansion etc.

something with animatronic simpsons would be sweet but sadly not going to happen
I'm just not convinced this is it for The Simpsons, until they building something new on both sides of Springfield...I believe that Uni intends for this to be it, but I also believe the cash cow that is the Simpsons may eventually force their hand into expanding this land just a little more and including the only major parts of the show not being represented here (Springfield elementary, the Simpsons house, nuclear power plant and maybe even burns' mansion)...time will tell, but I'd actually be more surprised if they don't expand again

I'm just not convinced this is it for The Simpsons, until they building something new on both sides of Springfield...I believe that Uni intends for this to be it, but I also believe the cash cow that is the Simpsons may eventually force their hand into expanding this land just a little more and including the only major parts of the show not being represented here (Springfield elementary, the Simpsons house, nuclear power plant and maybe even burns' mansion)...time will tell, but I'd actually be more surprised if they don't expand again

This is it. :lol:

Anyone going to the park soon? Can ya take some pics of the new ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone going to the park soon? Can ya take some pics of the new ride.

Rides not vertical yet and won't begin installation until sometime late this week or next.