Springfield Expansion | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those Bart and Milhouse cutouts are currently seen on Hollywood's Kwik-E-Mart 24/7. Not too popular here (considering they've been here since 2008), but guests still take a pic or two.

Question: In the concept art, Chief Wiggum's car is seen crashed into a fire hydrant with water spewing out. Is that gonna be actual water, or will it just be some weird blue sculpture erupting from the fire hydrant?

Question: In the concept art, Chief Wiggum's car is seen crashed into a fire hydrant with water spewing out. Is that gonna be actual water, or will it just be some weird blue sculpture erupting from the fire hydrant?

I'd guess we're probably gonna have real water. There's several places around the resort where there's water feature things like it, so it wouldn't be unusual. Toon Lagoon has a lot of things that shoot out water, Camp Jurassic also has actual water shooters that you can control, and even in City Walk we have a little area where water comes out of the ground and kids play there during hot days. And these are all outside of water rides, so I think it's a good possibility :thumbs:

I'd guess we're probably gonna have real water. There's several places around the resort where there's water feature things like it, so it wouldn't be unusual. Toon Lagoon has a lot of things that shoot out water, Camp Jurassic also has actual water shooters that you can control, and even in City Walk we have a little area where water comes out of the ground and kids play there during hot days. And these are all outside of water rides, so I think it's a good possibility :thumbs:
There used (maybe it's still there?) to be a busted hydrant in New York that sprayed water too.

RLYHqsR.jpg

never doubt your info...I been following everyone for years no and as I like reading as many forums a I can about all stuff Universal and Disney everyone here seems to always know their stuff :)

- - - Updated - - -

never doubt your info...I been following everyone for years no and as I like reading as many forums a I can about all stuff Universal and Disney everyone here seems to always know their stuff :)

That was to Hatetofly...I always click the wrong buttons

I think universal should at least add the Simpsons house for a meet and greet but the land is coming along so nicely. I said earlier in this thread that I would see ifff on the map and wondering where it was and never saw it even though it was right in front of me. I don't think I can miss Cletus, krusty burger, moes, or androids and of course the spinner. I hope universal takes a bunch of other dead areas in the park and make them look this good.

Those Bart and Milhouse cutouts are currently seen on Hollywood's Kwik-E-Mart 24/7. Not too popular here (considering they've been here since 2008), but guests still take a pic or two.

Yes this will be a small interactive water element using real water :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That was to Hatetofly...I always click the wrong buttons

Welcome to the forums Jim!

Concept art looks awesome and HTF called it spot on, well done my friend.

Ferris wheel my arm :rofl:

Look forward to sharing a Duff in the gardens in Sept/Oct :thumbs:

I think universal should at least add the Simpsons house for a meet and greet but the land is coming along so nicely. I said earlier in this thread that I would see ifff on the map and wondering where it was and never saw it even though it was right in front of me. I don't think I can miss Cletus, krusty burger, moes, or androids and of course the spinner. I hope universal takes a bunch of other dead areas in the park and make them look this good.

Although I think we have enough Simpsons after this expansion, I agree that it would be pretty awesome if they had the Simpsons house with a photo-op in the couch. Here's a rough idea of how I would do it:

Although I think we have enough Simpsons after this expansion, I agree that it would be pretty awesome if they had the Simpsons house with a photo-op in the couch. Here's a rough idea of how I would do it:

That's a brilliant concept Felipe. Even though I agree with the majority(Simpsons will be done after this expansion), I wouldn't mind seeing something like this added on later.

Screamscape brought up a good question today, something which hasn't really been discussed.

Can we expect a Treehouse of Horror overlay for HHN this year? Or sometime in the near future?

Very exciting to consider.