Springfield Expansion | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread that the OPs Station will be under the lower section of the canopy :thumbs:

It does make more sense for the controls to be on the ground, the upper area of Duff's Gardens just looked like it overlooks the ride to me (in its current state) and it reminded me of those booths at carnival rides like the 'Flying Bob Sleds' so that is the only reason I called it that.

Thanks for the clarification!

So last Saturday I was walking by where the old IFF was, and there was a worker opening up a door on the wall. I thought I might get a quick peek, but the worker opened the door wide open. Seems they were trying to get a squirrel out. I quickly reached for my camera/phone but out of nowhere came a Universal suit guy. He started to close the door because he knew what I was doing. The worker tried to explain they were trying to get the squirrel out. The "suit" insisted on closing the door. I hung around a minute and he just stayed there. He didn't walk away until I did. Funny thing is, I only remember seeing one thing. It was a red neon Flying Dutchman sign. Just wished I could have gotten a picture for all.

So, according to this site http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/florida-beer-co-universal-studios-duff.html there will be Duff, Duff Lite, and Duff Dry. No idea if it's legit at all though.

Thanks for the info Skip, I have zero knowledge of the beer options so this was a great read.

So last Saturday I was walking by where the old IFF was, and there was a worker opening up a door on the wall. I thought I might get a quick peek, but the worker opened the door wide open. Seems they were trying to get a squirrel out. I quickly reached for my camera/phone but out of nowhere came a Universal suit guy. He started to close the door because he knew what I was doing. The worker tried to explain they were trying to get the squirrel out. The "suit" insisted on closing the door. I hung around a minute and he just stayed there. He didn't walk away until I did. Funny thing is, I only remember seeing one thing. It was a red neon Flying Dutchman sign. Just wished I could have gotten a picture for all.

Yeah they do not like cell phone cameras :lol:

So, according to this site http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/florida-beer-co-universal-studios-duff.html there will be Duff, Duff Lite, and Duff Dry. No idea if it's legit at all though.

I have a feeling it will all be the same beer with different labels:
Duff-Brauerei.jpg

^ Your onto something here because the smaller building with the stacks at Duff Gardens will have beer silos, but to my knowledge only two of them.

There's previously been rumblings of a 20th June opening date to tie in with transformers, would that be for the full land (ride, beer garden, all foodstalls etc) or should we be expecting only certain elements to be open then?

I'm not exactly a beer aficionado, what might Duff Dry entail anyway?

Dry beer is created by fermenting beer longer and more thoroughly, decreasing the sugars left at the end of the fermentation, increasing alcohol and carbonation, to produce a beer with a lighter body, drier taste and less sweet basically impacting the finish. If a beer is dry the flavor tends to be more hoppy (bitter) and less malty sweet. Look to associate it with words like crisp and fresh, but different types of beer can be dry. Kinda of like wine, white tends to be on the sweeter side and red wine tends to be on the drier side, both are made from the same "grape" with different styles in fermenting.

Dry also can refer to the glass, after you drank the beer :bonk:

Reactions: jtsalien
There's previously been rumblings of a 20th June opening date to tie in with transformers, would that be for the full land (ride, beer garden, all foodstalls etc) or should we be expecting only certain elements to be open then?

The restaurant should be open June 1st if all goes well. The area from what I understand should be ready by the 20th, assuming they don't hit any more issues.

The restaurant should be open June 1st if all goes well. The area from what I understand should be ready by the 20th, assuming they don't hit any more issues.

Great! I'll be visiting June 26th - July 15th and hoping not to miss it as I missed the Simpsons ride opening by a matter of days in my last visit!

Does anyone know if the ride is already on site or if it's still to be delivered?

From @OrlandoInformer:

New wood framing in @TheSimpsons @UniversalORL waterfront area
BLb7ZagCMAEjj2m.jpg:large

Our third floor perch is accessible again... and yeah, I think it's going to rain
BLb_LGjCAAAupkA.jpg:large

Exclusive never-seen-before photo of @HomerJSimpson running @UniversalORL
BLcA1G-CYAATbyj.jpg:large

Shot of Duff Gardens (right before the weather got nasty) @TheSimpsons @UniversalORL
BLcDhNjCIAAlJYc.jpg:large

And, I guess we're getting non-alcoholic Flaming Moes after all... in the form of energy drinks:

Took the plunge and bought an $8 poncho @UniversalORL (PS. are those @TheSimpsons energy drinks new?)
BLcGmkRCYAAw7uF.jpg:large

Last edited:
I know through the forum that its all been proven to be the case but I really wasnt expecting this much for this expansion. It seems to get better and better.Now that we know the full plans and can see all this new work done it really is proving to be a whole new land. Very happy to see all of this. cant wait to see it in the fall.Those were some really good shots ...Ive never been on that site I dont think ...Im partial to this one. :)