Springfield Expansion | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks HTF.

Universal needs to work under tight deadlines more often. Duff gardens seemed awfully sluggish than BAM. Same with Diagon Alley a few months back.

The slightly "off" appearance of the Moe's windows could be easily remedied if they would just add some black lines between the colors to look like the "leading" in a real leadlight window (and the way it appears in the show). It could be a flat paint/decal since its supposed to be cartoony. I think it's the colored squares being right up against one another that is making it look strange.

Really hoping this is what they plan to do.

Upon further investigation of the concept art...the only logical explanation for the brick wall and waterfront is a change in elevation unless there is a super secret construction trick I dont know about.

Oh but my eyes are deceiving me....There already is a change in elevation...before deconstruction began there was already a multi-level waterfront....it's just that when they began they leveled the area and without the obvious concrete it looks like everything is on level ground....Hmmmm

Last edited:
The slightly "off" appearance of the Moe's windows could be easily remedied if they would just add some black lines between the colors to look like the "leading" in a real leadlight window (and the way it appears in the show). It could be a flat paint/decal since its supposed to be cartoony. I think it's the colored squares being right up against one another that is making it look strange.

Really hoping this is what they plan to do.

Good point. Defining the square panels with black lines should make it look better :thumbs:

It's really unfortunate that Moe's is the one part of this expansion that is looking "off". Out of the facades, it's definitely the most iconic one.

A quick Google image search for Moe's Tavern reveals that the cartoon version of Moe's rarely looks the same in any two pictures. Looks like it is drawn slightly diffferent in different episodes. Sometimes the sign looks "cartoony", sometimes it looks more like the sign we got. Also, it seems that the molding across the top of the building looks black in many of the images, so that could be throwing things off, too.

Anyway, the search made me laugh because of some of the pictures I came across of Moe's interiors and it's beer-swilling regulars like Barney and Lenny. Be cool if there were some photo ops at the bar with those guys.

And I was reminded of the time that Moe, in an effort to increase sales, decided to turn Moe's into an ultra-trendy gay bar, changing the name to "Mo's" but then changed it back once he revealed to "The League of Extra-Horny Gentlemen" that he wasn't really gay. Hilarious.

I can't wait to see what the inside of this place is going to look like....

A quick Google image search for Moe's Tavern reveals that the cartoon version of Moe's rarely looks the same in any two pictures. Looks like it is drawn slightly diffferent in different episodes. Sometimes the sign looks "cartoony", sometimes it looks more like the sign we got. Also, it seems that the molding across the top of the building looks black in many of the images, so that could be throwing things off, too.

Anyway, the search made me laugh because of some of the pictures I came across of Moe's interiors and it's beer-swilling regulars like Barney and Lenny. Be cool if there were some photo ops at the bar with those guys.

And I was reminded of the time that Moe, in an effort to increase sales, decided to turn Moe's into an ultra-trendy gay bar, changing the name to "Mo's" but then changed it back once he revealed to "The League of Extra-Horny Gentlemen" that he wasn't really gay. Hilarious.

I can't wait to see what the inside of this place is going to look like....

Yeah a Barney statue at the bar would be amazing! lol

I know additions, new additions and expanding parts of the park to be more like their star attractions helps with the overall experience and living on the world of the characters, I get that part. But I'm still no completely sold on this expansion. I "like" The Simpsons attraction, but it's surely not something I ride often at USF. Hearing of this expansion kind left me scratching my head, and part of me deep down wanted to see the return of BTTF The Ride, I know, not in this lifetime, but still. I was never really a big fan of The Simpsons, but again, that's my preference and oddness I suppose. I am looking forward to seeing this side of the park get some much needed TLC, but at the same time, still on the fence about it. Sorry for the ramblings, I haven't had my morning coffee yet, hah!

From @OrlandoInformer

BLhQSLNCIAAYrfo.jpg