Springfield Expansion | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, Springfield and all of its eateries and characters looks amazing. I cant wait to be sat in one of those green stools at Duff gardens.
Thanks to everyone who posted pics and Vids. Roll on September.

looks better than great to me! actually looks like a land now instead of just a boring 80s cafeteria and some tables...1000% improvement on the area. The food choices look great and look like they add a lot of variety to the park and all the seating is really fantastic just to hang out and have a beer. I like ot take my time in the parks so places to sit and people watch are great to me. Very happy with all of this and it doesnt look cramped at all now that the wall is down its very spacious

Incase nobody knew this already I heard this from Screamscape. Speculation: I’m guessing the choice to let Kodos do all the talking may stem from the fact that Kodos is voiced by Dan Castellaneta and Kang is voiced by Harry Shearer. If you go back to the story behind the creation of The Simpsons ride, it has been said many times that Harry Shearer opted to not work with Universal on the project, while all the other voice talent joined on. As a result all of the characters that Harry Shearer voices either are not present in the attraction, or remain silent. In addition to Kang that long list includes: Mr. Burns, Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Kent Brockman, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny, Principal Skinner, as well as Otto.

Yep. I remember reading somewhere the original plan for The Simpsons Ride involved the nuclear power plant and Mr. Burns as the villain... not sure how accurate that is, but it makes a bit of sense given the ride's geographic location. In any a case it obviously wasn't possible without Harry Shearer. Still wonder what his deal was... they say "scheduling issues," but they always say "scheduling issues..."

Yeah they look really neat. So we got: Barney, Milhouse, Chief Wiggum, and Duff Man. Not a bad choice of characters. Other main ones could be Apu, Moe, Flanders, Ralph, Willie, Mr. Burns, Principal Skinner, Nelson and Comic Book Guy. I think characters like the actual Simpsons, Krusty, and Sideshow Bob are represented as walking around characters. I feel like I'm forgetting a major one or two lol Oh and I wouldn't mind seeing otto in a bus lol
I think the great thing about a land based on a show with tons of repeat characters, that has been around for 25 years, is that they can add and add over the years and always have something new...examples: Apu in a couple years, Otto a couple years after that, Simpsons house after that?, etc

It looks fantastic .... Cannot wait to stop by the Duff Brewery and have a couple of relaxing Duffs whilst soaking up the atmosphere of the area. As one earlier poster said " Roll on September!"

Although to get me drinking anything other than Samuel Adams Octoberfest is going to take some doing! :cheers:

So Andy and I gave Duff's a test run. And I have to once again thank Andy for a delightful afternoon. Springfield looks great.

2w7le36.jpg

33acd2d.jpg

Last edited: