Springfield Expansion | Page 333 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Legal issues with renaming area still being worked on but expect little to no move on this for several more months.

That map is WAY off. Kang and Kodos should be directly across from the alley between the Simpsons Ride and Kwik-E. Also, they really should try to represent FFB better visually.
Well, it's progress, at least.

That map is WAY off. Kang and Kodos should be directly across from the alley between the Simpsons Ride and Kwik-E. Also, they really should try to represent FFB better visually.
Well, it's progress, at least.

It's understandable, though. It's more important that it's clear and understandable for the map's purpose than 100% accurate.

Thank God..I was going to cancel my pass...I hate to nitpick, but why is the placement so...off geographically?

A lot of small landmarks in a confined area. Drawing Lard Lad/the cop car/the taco truck takes up a lot if space on the map in order to be visible/discernible considering the small scale of the map.

How is it misleading? People will see "It's in this area on the left" and when they walk up they will see it on the left. It doesn't need to be perfect, and hardly anyone will be able to tell the difference.

Make it smaller...or ditch it all together..it is misleading

I think it would be more misleading to leave important landmarks of the area off of the map. The point of the park map is really just to orient people and let them know where they are and how to get to where they want to go. If they make the taco truck too small on the map, people wont know that the truck marks the entrance to the land (which is at a crossroad which can be confusing for dumb tourists :lol:). Or if they were to leave out Lard Lads, people will be asking how to get to that donut guy across the water that isnt marked on the map.

OR, they leave as is and have everything marked and let there be no confusion. Its not like people use rulers and latitudes/longitude lines to find where the rides are. The map shows K&K across from the Simpsons building--and K&K is essentially across from the Simpsons building (this description is not incorrect). Its more clear as is than having things left out.

I think that some of you complaining about how a stupid piece of paper looks is extremely laughable. You know we don't have much to run off of when we start whining about how a map looks...

I think that some of you complaining about how a stupid piece of paper looks is extremely laughable. You know we don't have much to run off of when we start whining about how a map looks...

Maybe that's what the next press event will be about? :pound: