Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Random thought regarding fire lane: Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash MountIn, it's a small world, and especially Indiana Jones use various methods to get around an immovable barrier (in this case a fire road). Just thoughts.

I am sad because it was a piece of history that was removed, but it had to be removed, not because of the ride, which is a plus that absolutely no one expected, but because no one could really go in and admire all the history in there. Also, it was a huge waste of space that was also hazardous because of the asbestus. Now, what really grinds my gears is... that we are getting a freaking new ride and Jurassic Park is rotting away!!!! Please Universal don't let this ride go extinct.

I was thinking about this the other day and I would like to see a kids dark ride go into this space. Whether it be Cat in the Hat or another Dr. Suess ride. I still find it odd that USH sells park specific Cat in the Hat merchandise and not character or attraction in the park.

Reactions: William
I would not mind if Cat in the Hat made it here.  Almost too little, too late, but its better than nothing.  And the merchandise sells!

Just an odd location for a ride like that.

I would rather have a show.

If Cat in the Hat or a similar family dark ride should go anywhere, it should replace Special Effects Stage, which is on the chopping block in the expansion plan anyway. I feel like the Upper Lot is feeling like it's gonna be the more "family friendly" fantasy/cartoon franchises, and the Lower Lot is the more adult/teen/action attractions.

A Dr. Seuss dark ride would absolutely be timeless and yup, definitely sells merchandise. Can't count how often I see Thing 1 Thing 2 stuff on kids or couples around the park. As soon as Illumination releases a new non-Minion movie based on Dr. Suess, I think it'll be a great time to add a family dark ride.

For Stage 28, I'd rather they save the big space for a more action packed ride or experience, whatever it may be.

But I'm so worried it's gonna be more projections :(

As much as I would adore a Dr. Seuss attraction in our park, I would find it quite funny seeing a zanily constructed attraction sitting next to Transformers' gargantuan show building while being flooded with its ear-piercing score.

SES' current footprint would be the ideal location.

Regardless of whether or not Stage 28 becomes a ride or show, what if this is the precursor to a larger plan after 2018? Let's say Universal implements a construction freeze for one year after Potter. From what point on, the sky's the limit with what they could do to modify the Lower Lot.

I think Stage 28 should either be a ride or a continually running show. I don't think a show with a few set show times during the day would work well for the lower lot. Could you image a mob of people going down the escalators all at once to try to catch the 2pm showing of a lower lot show?

Reactions: Chris
I think Stage 28 should either be a ride or a continually running show. I don't think a show with a few set show times during the day would work well for the lower lot. Could you image a mob of people going down the escalators all at once to try to catch the 2pm showing of a lower lot show?
Well, it worked with Special Effects Stages.

Well, it worked with Special Effects Stages.
The old Special Effect Stages was a constantly running show that took in a small group of people in every 15 minutes or so. That kind of show could work. However, a big audience show with only a few showtimes throughout the day is where I see problems.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I agree with Red Carpet.  A show similar to Terminator would make sense.  Something with a Backdraft style of operation.  Continuously running with a 10 of 15 minute gap between shows in the off season.  We need a crowd eater downstairs!

Move Shrek!  LOL

Reactions: JaySalahi