Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

Food for thought, have you considered how interactive Mario Kart is probably going to be?

Hell, @Teebin mentioned in the past that the interactivity levels for the ride beats MiB by a landslide, and that I am more willing to welcome an IP that is classic by it's own right, and not a broken franchise.

As for SLoP, it'll do fine. I would doubt however that attraction taking that much space at this point.

As for SS28, I am curious to see what that turns out in the end. At this point, I am thinking and almost betting that it will be involved in the creation of the relocated Studio Tour plaza.

For SS28 the two things that come to my mind is the relocation of studio tour plaza just like you had said it.

2nd thing on my mind I hate to say this but Fallon which I'm hoping it never happens.

In the most recent podcast, Jon Green has reason to believe that a new restraunt will be built on SS28. It's supposedly being created and designed by Universal Creative. I have a feeling that this could possibly end up being the Hollywood version of Toothsome, maybe not exactly Toothsome, but similar.

In the most recent podcast, Jon Green has reason to believe that a new restraunt will be built on SS28. It's supposedly being created and designed by Universal Creative. I have a feeling that this could possibly end up being the Hollywood version of Toothsome, maybe not exactly Toothsome, but similar.

When was the last time UC developed a restraunt for a theme park; Mythos?

I have a feeling that this could possibly end up being the Hollywood version of Toothsome, maybe not exactly Toothsome, but similar.
That is a terrible idea... Thats a restaurant for Citywalk, not the themepark.

If we're going to get a hollywood version anything... I vote for Universal's legacy- "CLASSIC MONSTER CAFE"... only better & more themed! And then give me a House of Horrors dark ride to go with it.

If we're going to get a hollywood version anything... I vote for Universal's legacy- "CLASSIC MONSTER CAFE"... only better & more themed! And then give me a House of Horrors dark ride to go with it.

Universal Studios Hollywood has not had a full Sit-Down dining option since Marvel Mania inside the park. Not as Citywalk, something fully for the park audience.

With Karen Irwin now on-board, and that USH is about to go into a major redevelopmental period for the Universal Lower Lot; this may be the best move that they can make, especially if anything happens to Panda/Studio Cafe.

What it could be themed, how about something original? Personally, if they are going with a New York asthethic; how about some kind of a Sit-down Dining establishment with a modernized classical approach.

Universal Studios Hollywood has not had a full Sit-Down dining option since Marvel Mania inside the park.
Well... pretty much MOST of USH's dining options are "sit-down". The correct terminology you're looking for is "table service".

Honestly, table service is over-rated (I'm jaded since I've worked in restaurants). While it sounds like a good idea, it would be kinda dumb to have a table-service restaurant on the Lower Lot & NOT one on the Upper Lot. Orlando has 2 at both parks, so you have to treat USH as if the Upper/Lower Lot were on the same level.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a terrible idea, I also said something similar. A themed restaurant LIKE Toothsome would fill a few huge voids on the Lower Lot. It would give the LL a full service bar, a table service restaurant, and the first upscale dining option and themed merch (where Uni gets most of its $$$$$) to hold us over til' Nintendo. The further you get from Springfield/3Brooms, the worse the food gets. A huge kitchen is sort of needed down there.

Also, there's nothing that signifies what works in CityWalk vs. what works in the parks. This is not Orlando. People hate having to leave the park in order to get a decent, upscale food.

If they do New York, just do Finnigan's again. Everyone loves that place in Orlando.

The Universal God's would require a sacrifice to make that happen. ;)

Well... pretty much MOST of USH's dining options are "sit-down". The correct terminology you're looking for is "table service".

Honestly, table service is over-rated (I'm jaded since I've worked in restaurants). While it sounds like a good idea, it would be kinda dumb to have a table-service restaurant on the Lower Lot & NOT one on the Upper Lot. Orlando has 2 at both parks, so you have to treat USH as if the Upper/Lower Lot were on the same level.

I'm probably going to get heat for saying this, but that your personal take on Table Service doesn't equate to everyone's take on it.

Would it be dumb to not have one on the Upper Lot? Perhaps. I do admit that they should've done that instead of TWDA to be frank with you. But that my opinion will not always equal as fact.

I would not count any of the dining options as true sit-down for USH. Not in a million years. So that if they can do something like that; it may be a better decision as it will get more people down to the Lower Lot in the midst of construction for Super Nintendo World and the projects on the SS22-25 lot.

If they do New York, just do Finnigan's again. Everyone loves that place in Orlando.
No no... everyone loves the bar. The restaurant is decent, but its the bar that everyone loves (and the bar staff who remember the regulars & make those drinks stronger than they would for a regular park guest).

I'm probably going to get heat for saying this, but that your personal take on Table Service doesn't equate to everyone's take on it.
As I said.. worked in the restaurant business of course its personal. Both fast food & table service, "back of house" (kitchen) & "front of the house" (dining area). So yea... jaded. Of course its different from everyone elses. Although I'm sure it has to be much worse for those working in a theme park restaurant.

A huge kitchen is sort of needed down there.
Correction: More food options in general are needed on the Lower Lot. Jurassic & Panda are the only food options (Studio Cafe doesnt count since it is pretty much never open). It'd be wise for them to open the upper level JP snack counter (with decent options).

Correction: More food options in general are needed on the Lower Lot. Jurassic & Panda are the only food options (Studio Cafe doesnt count since it is pretty much never open). It'd be wise for them to open the upper level JP snack counter (with decent options).

JP is a grab and go, and Panda is a 3rd party chain. More of those options would not improve the quality of anything, probably make things worse to be honest.

No no... everyone loves the bar. The restaurant is decent, but its the bar that everyone loves (and the bar staff who remember the regulars & make those drinks stronger than they would for a regular park guest).

As I said.. worked in the restaurant business of course its personal. Both fast food & table service, "back of house" (kitchen) & "front of the house" (dining area). So yea... jaded. Of course its different from everyone elses. Although I'm sure it has to be much worse for those working in a theme park restaurant.

Jurassic Cafe and Panda Express are counter service. Starbucks, Mummy Treats, and Studios Cafe are all respectably grab and go.

And that none of the restaurants in the park are true sit-downs. It wouldn't hurt them, AT ALL.

^none of that has anything to do with what I just said. And saying they need more food options in general does not mean "more of the same" that already exists. Also... who the hell cares what it is classified as... grab-n-go, counter service... whatever, its all the same thing- a place that gives you something to eat. There is a seatng area with tables to park your happy butt & devour what you got.

If they were smart with the expansion, they'd take into consideration the lack of food options... You can have TWO table service restaurants down there, one on one half, one on the nintendo side. But just one would be sufficient. And I love how you're all so against more "counter service" (as you so love to deem them... as if that makes them lesser quality than table service).

^none of that has anything to do with what I just said. And saying they need more food options in general does not mean "more of the same" that already exists. Also... who the hell cares what it is classified as... grab-n-go, counter service... whatever, its all the same thing- a place that gives you something to eat. There is a seatng area with tables to park your happy butt & devour what you got.

If they were smart with the expansion, they'd take into consideration the lack of food options... You can have TWO table service restaurants down there, one on one half, one on the nintendo side. But just one would be sufficient. And I love how you're all so against more "counter service" (as you so love to deem them... as if that makes them lesser quality than table service).

Why I'm against Counter service, is because of that nearly every other place for dining in the park is entirely filled with Counterservice and grab-n-gos. Hell, there is far more enough proof to justify that, and that you can't deny it that easily.

Hell, I am even considering a start-up thread for a thread about the overuse of counter service on Hollywood property; as it isn't that bad on Orlando property.

^But it's still not table service. Closer, but not quite.

I see what AlexShow is getting at. There's something much more relaxing at dining at a table service vs. a counter service or grab and go. Because what are the biggest headaches about the latter? Carrying around your stupid tray in a fruitless search (which is especially miserable on crowded days) to find a table that's probably in the sun and dirty. Ugh.

A table service removes all that stress away for the customer, and allows for much more leisurely dining. I think it'd be good for Universal to have a table service restaurant. At the moment, not sure there's enough attractions on the lower lot to justify it's location there, but if it is indeed expanding... that could be a different story.

And I love how you're all so against more "counter service" (as you so love to deem them... as if that makes them lesser quality than table service).

If you've ever eaten at Jurassic Cafe or Gru's Lab or Plaza Grill, you'd already know that the food at those venues is half the quality you'll find in Springfield or 3B. Its not even subtle, its night and day. It doesn't matter HOW the food is served in the end; table service, counter, grab and go, it doesn't matter. What does matter is how its all run, the lower lot is basically a free-for-all. The wild wild west of food offerings and the only places that care are the 3rd party operations.

I'm not against counter service. Like I said, Springfield and 3B are great. What I am trying to propose here is a new option. Believe it or not, people like options. There are currently NO options for table service restaurants in the park. Guests strongly dislike having to leave the park in order to get the sit-down table service experience, the solution is obvious.

Actually, I would consider Three Broomsticks as a sit down.
I wouldn't consider the mush they serve food either!!

Maybe it's because I am a Brit, but the British Classics they serve are far from what they are supposed to taste like!