Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge - Reviews & Photos (DHS)

Agreed. As much as I love Spiderman, after this last week; I might be liking Transformers more than it. Blasphemy, I know.
May the theme park gods flog you with a wet noodle for your sin.....Seriously though, the first couple of times I rode Transformers, with the initial new ride excitement factor, I thought it was better than SpiderMan. But after repeated rides I changed my mind. Now, after hundreds of rides on Transformers, I still like it a lot , but it's dropped out of my Universal top 8. Initial rides are strange sometimes because of 'expectations'. First rides I thought Mummy and JP were just OK, not great. Now they're both among my favorite rides. So many reasons that I no longer put a lot of faith in first or second rides on attractions I haven't previously experienced. ....and I never warmed up to 'Jaws'. I could never understand the love for that attraction. I'd ride it once a vacation, just like Disaster or Twister, and that was enough for me.

Last edited:
So, I was able to experience Galaxy's Edge today, and spent the better part of 7am - 1pm there. My thoughts just about the land, itself (setting aside the two rides):

I know some have reported being underwhelmed by the area, but I thought the theme work was exceptional, and the layout felt huge and sprawling in a way that continuously invited me forward. Like many other signature lands, pictures do not do the scale of the place justice at all. I was extremely impressed. I think it's right there with Diagon Alley at the top.

Also, maybe today was just a lucky day, but there were characters EVERYWHERE. Rey, Kylo Ren, Chewie, various Stormtroopers, and a few First Order officials were in full force. Yes, I think the land definitely could use a recurring daytime show (the infrastructure for it is there), and other than the rides, the land is just shopping and dining, but I found it to be a great place to spend time (and spend a lot of time there I did, as Rise of the Resistance broke down twice -- once just after our boarding group was called, and the second right after making our way back over to it after being alerted that it was back up!).

We took in the Cantina (loud and a little frantic, but pretty good drinks!), and I also did Savi’s, which resulted in this creation...
P1040281.JPG

So, I was able to experience Galaxy's Edge today, and spent the better part of 7am - 1pm there. My thoughts just about the land, itself (setting aside the two rides):

I know some have reported being underwhelmed by the area, but I thought the theme work was exceptional, and the layout felt huge and sprawling in a way that continuously invited me forward. Like many other signature lands, pictures do not do the scale of the place justice at all. I was extremely impressed. I think it's right there with Diagon Alley at the top.

Also, maybe today was just a lucky day, but there were characters EVERYWHERE. Rey, Kylo Ren, Chewie, various Stormtroopers, and a few First Order officials were in full force. Yes, I think the land definitely could use a recurring daytime show (the infrastructure for it is there), and other than the rides, the land is just shopping and dining, but I found it to be a great place to spend time (and spend a lot of time there I did, as Rise of the Resistance broke down twice -- once just after our boarding group was called, and the second right after making our way back over to it after being alerted that it was back up!).

We took in the Cantina (loud and a little frantic, but pretty good drinks!), and I also did Savi’s, which resulted in this creation...
View attachment 11508
Yes, I largely agree with you. As I said in my review on the previous thread page, I was pleasantly surprised, loved the immersion and spent many hours in the land over the parts of 4 days I was there.Way better than my expectations. Music & entertainment would make it Diagon's equal. Those are pretty easy fixes. Good to see they've increased the number of streetmosphere characters. It was still pretty sparse back in November.

ahhhh, but the key is whether they were on the streets at the same time....otherwise it looks sparse.

FWIW I’ve seen Vi walk by once, stormtroopers twice, chewie on a stage once, never saw Kylo, and Rey three times (once with guests, once on a stage, once walking by). I’ve spent a few hours in the land over one day in October and one day in Janurary. It’s not enough, let alone the people disappointed when a line forms around Rey only for her to run away leaving confused kids.

FWIW I’ve seen Vi walk by once, stormtroopers twice, chewie on a stage once, never saw Kylo, and Rey three times (once with guests, once on a stage, once walking by). I’ve spent a few hours in the land over one day in October and one day in Janurary. It’s not enough, let alone the people disappointed when a line forms around Rey only for her to run away leaving confused kids.
Yes, Exactly...I was there parts of four days and just got a couple glimpses on a few occasions. Only the Stormtroopers were obvious and entertaining. The others blended in with the crowd just walking along and not really doing anything. They could have been tourists dressed in garb if you weren't aware of who they were supposed to be.