Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The biggest complaint I’ve seen is the fact that besides Pilot, you have to turn away from the scene to complete your role. I think an easy fix to this could've been some way to add those buttons onto the back of the seat in front of you (This also may allow for the gunner to actually have some kind of targeting instead of a button.) However this would not be authentic with the actual Falcon so I understand how Imagineering had to go this way unless they say there was some renovations made this way for the mission.

The only way to fix having to turn to push buttons and to keep you looking forward is to place them on the back of the pilots' seats, but that would kill authenticity. Just like I find it rather annoying with the screen having all of those bars in the way, I understand it was to keep things authentic.

Reactions: rhino4evr
If you’re talking about Lens comments it sounds like there are significant fundamental flaws beyond “interactivity”.

his major complaint was they had children driving the Falcon, and that he had to turn his head to push buttons. I don't count the "fairly standard theme park plot" as a negative..as it's fairly standard. Would his opinion have changed if he was piloting?

Reactions: HPFred
his major complaint was they had children driving the Falcon, and that he had to turn his head to push buttons. I don't count the "fairly standard theme park plot" as a negative..as it's fairly standard. Would his opinion have changed if he was piloting?

That's the thing, though, with this ride. Too many variables that will make or break your experience. Three rows, three roles, three views, all creating wildly different opinions.

Maybe? But he also says the ride vehicle design prevents seeing things for anyone but pilots and it might not be better than Star Tours. That’s pretty significant issues.

Maybe? But he also says the ride vehicle design prevents seeing things for anyone but pilots and it might not be better than Star Tours. That’s pretty significant issues.

Trends i've noticed... Older Disney fans/riders seem to have issues with the new ride...

Younger Disney fans/Star Wars fans seem to enjoy the ride.

I really think it's just going to be one of those rides that is going to be loved or hated.

Now when ROTR opens I expect everyone to be pooping their pants.

Trends i've noticed... Older Disney fans/riders seem to have issues with the new ride...

I really think it's just going to be one of those rides that is going to be loved or hated.

This land shouldn’t have open without ROTR. I don’t think the Falcon was designed to carry this land as its main attraction.

I can understand the issue with having to turn your head away from the screen if you're a gunner or engineer, since let's face it with any simulator, you want to see what's going on.

It's a screen attraction, but they don't want you looking at the screen for your role.

An speaking of roles, if both gunner and engineer are pretty much "Push the button when it lights up to do the thing!", then that's a big problem as Mission: Space shouldn't be a template for any interactive attraction.

By all accounts the piloting sounds fun, but they should've also made the other two roles engaging as well so it's no biggie if you don't get pilot.

So how long before they drop the whole “ no background music” bit in the land?? This has to be the worse decision besides having the falcons buttons on the side away from the screen.

Was watching the Micechat Instagram story on the light sabe experience and even that has some type of background music playing. Even with people walking around the land feels kinda dead.

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog

Kind of like I was expecting. The older FOP crowd, this isn't their kind of ride. Kids, teenagers, twenty somethings who grew up as gamers will love it, unless they're seated as engineers.

Reactions: frank_1991_
I need to experience it myself (one more week!), but I have to agree that the whack a mole flashing button "interactivity" is a total letdown conceptually, especially when the pilot experience is so much more immediate.

At a certain point, you have to ask... how many "compromises" can you make before you need to contemplate a different attraction?

Kind of like I was expecting. The older FOP crowd, this isn't their kind of ride. Kids, teenagers, twenty somethings who grew up as gamers will love it, unless they're seated as engineers.

Just watched a full ride through from an Engineers perspective, and it didn't seem that bad to me. I feel like I could easily push the buttons as needed and watch the screen. Can people not multitask? Haha.

The guy who rode seemed to enjoy it even as an engineer. It's a fun looking ride, and decent length.

Reactions: HPFred and Mad Dog
Just watched a full ride through from an Engineers perspective, and it didn't seem that bad to me. I feel like I could easily push the buttons as needed and watch the screen. Can people not multitask? Haha.

The guy who rode seemed to enjoy it even as an engineer. It's a fun looking ride, and decent length.
How long was it? Around 4 minutes?

Who posted the video? I saw the theme park review one but that was a multi angle view.