Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rumor on the street is DLR isn’t profitable for the first time since 2003 after the past month.

Disney expected the large masses to show up to be tourist and single day park visits. They figured that AP would more than gladly pay just to experience the land. Remember when there was all this talk that the first couple months would be up charge events? Plus with ROTR not opening till later the tourists that would normally spend a couple thousand dollars on a Disney vacation would rather hold out for Disney world. If they were so afraid of the AP’s showing up and filling the land to capacity they should have just keep the reservation period for AP holders going forward until demand subside. Now they have an empty land and resort which isn’t meeting expectations and the majority of their market is blacked out. Worse of all the moment they start unblocking dates for AP’s the land will get over crowd and whatever good press they got for keeping the lands will go down the drain.

They should know by now there there will be an Ebay effect. They should stock high in the beginning and then wait to see how sales work a couple months later before figuring out their regular base stock amounts.

Instead, it seems like they stock based on what they assume will be regular guest demand. Sell out. Act surprised. Raise the prices. Overstock. Aaaaand then you end up with banshees in the outlets stores.
I don't think you can out stock the ebayers. They buy and/or steal everything they can get their hands on. At DHS Disney tried to change things up to outfox the ebayers, but nothing ever worked.They even tried limit buys but they got around that by having others buy the stuff...only thing worked was getting rid of SW weekends....and on AP's at Disneyland ...I believe a good number of AP's have been blocked out in the summer the last couple of years, not just this summer.

So if SWL would have opened on Orlando first I wonder what the headlines would read.

I still think it will crush in Orlando, but I reserve judgement until I see it.

Rumor on the street is DLR isn’t profitable for the first time since 2003 after the past month.
I'm hoping they turn it around, and soon . But, if this problem persists much longer, it will be interesting to see if they scapegoat some executive and/or executives for what's happened. Disney has a history of not being very forgiving of failure.

I still think it will crush in Orlando, but I reserve judgement until I see it.

I probably agree, though word on the street is WDW fall bookings are soft. Still WDW is a different beast, and I think this so far has more to do without DL’s struggles to woo tourists more than anything.

If WDW’s launches the same way...I think the 5 alarm fire sirens need to sound

I probably agree, though word on the street is WDW fall bookings are soft. Still WDW is a different beast, and I think this so far has more to do without DL’s struggles to woo tourists more than anything.

I’m getting WWoHP at USH flashbacks seeing the results. I think this has been touched on before on this thread, but SoCal parks rely heavily on their locals. Once the pass blackouts are lifted, expect the crowds to show up.

Though WDW may be a different beast, I think the wonky scheduling of opening up half the land in the Fall and bumping Runaway Railway to next year is causing a lot of tourists to delay their trips. Maybe this will teach theme parks everywhere to open everything with the land instead of trying to milk things dry with a partial opening.

Lots of WDW hotel rooms left at just about every resort from opening till my vacation in Nov. But I expect the locals will swamp the park.

I’m getting WWoHP at USH flashbacks seeing the results. I think this has been touched on before on this thread, but SoCal parks rely heavily on their locals. Once the pass blackouts are lifted, expect the crowds to show up.

Though WDW may be a different beast, I think the wonky scheduling of opening up half the land in the Fall and bumping Runaway Railway to next year is causing a lot of tourists to delay their trips. Maybe this will teach theme parks everywhere to open everything with the land instead of trying to milk things dry with a partial opening.

Potter wasn’t this bad.... of SR lines seem longer yesterday and today it’s because they’re running 3 of the 4 carousels to save money.