Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

As someone who was born into a family of Star Wars fans, and that I don't want them to be limited in terms of locations; the area from the model standpoint looks bloody amazing.

As it is, said before; canon to the SW-verse, I am really going to be curious to see what connects all of this together; as it definitely feels like it's in the new trilogy as opposed to just being a random mish mash.

One of the criticisms I do find, however...is that it feels too big.

Perhaps I may have my thoughts wrong when I enter the land, but if they could of made it a tiny bit smaller, it could bring a larger impact for me.

As someone who never has experienced Diagon in person, but seen it through media; Star Wars Land will be my Diagon Alley. I am going to try to go blind on it here on out, but it'd probably going to be harder for me, as I have more of a bias for Star Wars than any other franchise that Disney has or created themselves.

Either way, I'm excited. And I hope, as a Universal fan; that this really is amazing.

I too think it's too big. Battle Escape IMHO is completely unnecessary and feels isolated. Cut the land in half to focus on the space port and make Falcon the big E-ticket. That's a much better for for DL.

I'm a little concerned about that drone being in the middle on the RV with little kids not being able to see anything, but I might just be overthinking it.

I'm hearing all this talk of Battle Escape using elevator systems like Transformers uses. Are we certain that's happening? Also, whatever happened to that rumor about people getting out of the car and then going back in? I hope that's a dead rumor because I see that as a terrible idea.

You can fit every Fantasyland dark ride in the show building and have room to space. I'd rather have 3 good rides, than 1 pretty good ride.
You are already downplaying a ride you haven't seen and preferring that disney replace it with rides that don't exist but are theoretically better that you prob wouldn't see finished for another 10 years after.

I'm hearing all this talk of Battle Escape using elevator systems like Transformers uses. Are we certain that's happening?
As far as I know and have heard, yes.

Also, whatever happened to that rumor about people getting out of the car and then going back in? I hope that's a dead rumor because I see that as a terrible idea.
It was just that, a rumor. Not happening.

I know we still have a while before this opens but geez I feel like they are flying through this construction! Granted I'm pretty sure putting steel up is the easiest part of construction.

I know we still have a while before this opens but geez I feel like they are flying through this construction! Granted I'm pretty sure putting steel up is the easiest part of construction.
There is some talk going down the grape vine that they want this ready for softs for Christmas 2018, so I'm not surprised.