Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

I personally think the lightsaber and robe rule is stupid. I would be totally tempted to buy one if I had the money if Disney would allow it. But I digress.

Funny you mentioned the Potter costume policy. I remember the Summer Potter opened at USH, there was a picture of a guy dressed up as Voldermont (Mask and everything!) being detained by security. LOL
yes! I do remember that vaguely. Probably because you can’t wear masks which is probably the only rule Potter has.

I think we use Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey as our benchmark since they feel like the most complete dark ride experiences in Central FL
I haven't been on ROTR but I have seen the vids. Since the leaks before GE opened, the ride system didn't really strike me as revolutionary and seeing the vids it seems that I was correct. I still compare all rides to Forbidden Journey because to me, it still has to be bested. An impressive ride system that has theming to make for a perfect experience.

It seems like the 'totality' of the attraction....preshows plus the ride.....may be strength of the RotR attraction. If the 4 minute ride was isolated from the superb pre show lead ins, the ride on it's own merits may not be as strong. FJ and Gringotts are somewhat similar where it's really the strength of the entire attraction experience......Now, it would be interesting to just weigh the actual 4 minute, or longer, actual ride experiences... FJ, Spidy, FOP, RotR, POC Shanghai, RSR, Indiana Jones etc. ............Just going by what I've read though, since I haven't rode it yet.

I disagree.
Interesting...... Care to elaborate? ...........Initial excitement to a good new attraction usually gives it an advantage over established rides. FOP is a good example. First riders hailed it as greatest ever also. Now, it's often just mentioned as top 5, or top ten, Disney attraction.

Interesting...... Care to elaborate? ...........Initial excitement to a good new attraction usually gives it an advantage over established rides. FOP is a good example. First riders hailed it as greatest ever also. Now, it's often just mentioned as top 5, or top ten, Disney attraction.
I'm not really a fan of slow moving RVs or human AAs.