Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2 E Tickets vs. 1 with one (RotR) looking leaps and bounds above Gringotts. That plus all the atmosphere. So, yes, Diagon dialed to 11.

....it’s still packed ;)

I think 2 E’s in land is huge. If they can eventually add a 3rd and maybe a C-D... crazy.

And don’t even get me started on Gringotts and what it should have been. Or the static dragon. I’ll pull my hair out. Otherwise Diagon itself is AMAZING.

Reactions: HPFred and Mike S
Going to agree with Skip on the price of light sabers. I would never buy one, so It's not a big deal to me, but if I wanted to buy one...I wouldn't pay over $100...I think $69.99 seems like a good price point. So add 35% Disney tax and there you go.

Since we are being negative...I wasn't as "wowed" by the food and drink descriptions. I mean...a Space Margarita is still just a margarita. Was disappointed to hear the "bloody rancor" is a space bloody mary. Does anyone actually drink Fuzzy navels anymore? I mean that's like a TGIF drink from the early 90s.

I am curious what the "Jet Juice" is...hoping something similar to a Jet Pilot? Show me the rum drinks.

The food looks "less alien" then the stuff over at Pandora, which kind of surprised me.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Maybe, but I think WDW in general is just better at handling massive crowds. Also the FP/FP+ thing is less about crowds and more about just a terrible system.

You know, FP+ could be the saviour for GE in DHS v DL. I think the system is worse but if somebody doesn’t have a FP, they might skip the land until they have one and people will spend longer at WDW compared to DL.

The FP system at DL encourages people to visit regardless of FP as their chance of getting one is purely dependent on being in the parks and being there early unless they have a paid system.

As for the debate about which will be better between GE and HP? This is the two greatest theme park designers using their A game and the differences in quality is going to be so marginal. Both IPs lend themselves to theme park design equally well.

The winner will never be definite as it will come down to personal preference to which IP you like more. Simple as that.

You know, FP+ could be the saviour for GE in DHS v DL. I think the system is worse but if somebody doesn’t have a FP, they might skip the land until they have one and people will spend longer at WDW compared to DL.

The FP system at DL encourages people to visit regardless of FP as their chance of getting one is purely dependent on being in the parks and being there early unless they have a paid system.

As for the debate about which will be better between GE and HP? This is the two greatest theme park designers using their A game and the differences in quality is going to be so marginal. Both IPs lend themselves to theme park design equally well.

The winner will never be definite as it will come down to personal preference to which IP you like more. Simple as that.

I mean... it Disneyland only opens fast pass to MaxPass... could work well.

I mean... it Disneyland only opens fast pass to MaxPass... could work well.

I got asked a survey about MaxPass and I really regret saying that I would have paid more for it (I would, I think it’s a great system).

Part of the charm is that not that many people used it which made it a better system.

Disney just announced that the Hilton Bonnett Creek and Waldorf Astoria guests will now be eligible for 60 day fastpass plus. The two hotels total 1500 rooms. At an average of 3 to 4 guests a room, that's a heck of a lot of 60 day fastpasses to throw into the pool. Getting a fastpass for GESWL rides just got tougher, if that was even possible.

I got asked a survey about MaxPass and I really regret saying that I would have paid more for it (I would, I think it’s a great system).

Part of the charm is that not that many people used it which made it a better system.

For sure... but if they made Star Wars an extra paid add-on to max pass. Maybe like, pay 20 more dollars and get one fast pass to each attraction while supplies last? Or something? Could easily control number of them for each day.

I have no qualms about paying for it when I go in December. better than spending 1/2 the day in line for ROTR/Falcon

For sure... but if they made Star Wars an extra paid add-on to max pass. Maybe like, pay 20 more dollars and get one fast pass to each attraction while supplies last? Or something? Could easily control number of them for each day.

I would pay that no problem. I’m not a local and I’m there on a very finite amount of time. If $20 means I can save 3 hours and enjoy the rest of the park, it’s a bargain. I don’t want to tell Disney that and they decide that people will pay $30 or even $50 and the truth is, I would probably still pay that.

I have no qualms about paying for it when I go in December. better than spending 1/2 the day in line for ROTR/Falcon

If I was a local, I wouldn’t buy it every time I go to the park if ever but as a tourist, it really does allow you to spend your time better. Photo Pass is also a nice bonus and costs about the same for it alone which I almost always buy anyway.

On the photo pass front, my wife and I spoke to a few couples in September last year at the MK, all with very young babies getting their photo taken. They said it was cheaper to do this than to get a professional photo shoot with better scenery.

It’s crazy how different people can determine value.

I'll wait to ride ROTR before making that call.

But I stand by the fact that the overall WWOHP product in Orlando will still be the benchmark. Hopefully SWGE proves me wrong
Harry Potter will have two lands vs. one but what I’m saying is like if you just compared the 3 different lands to each other Star Wars could be the winner. I say “could” only because of Hagrid. Take that out of the equation I think it’s hands down Star Wars.

Gringotts should’ve been what Hagrid is but indoors going through the vaults.

Totally! It should have been a crazy mine cart coaster like we all dreamed of after reading the books / seeing the movies... what we got was a cool attraction... that doesn’t make any sense with the actual books/movies. I’m surprised it even got approved.

Reactions: HPFred
Totally! It should have been a crazy mine cart coaster like we all dreamed of after reading the books / seeing the movies... what we got was a cool attraction... that doesn’t make any sense with the actual books/movies. I’m surprised it even got approved.

I think Gringotts is about as good as the ride could have been given the space it was given. People want the characters involved, so it needs to slow down to allow for that. Imo FFL should have gone to Diagon from Day 1, which would have given the land more room for both Gringotts and another smaller dark ride

Gringotts should’ve been what Hagrid is but indoors going through the vaults.

I mean, Hagrid’s ride is bigger than the entirety of Diagon Alley

I think Gringotts is about as good as the ride could have been given the space it was given. People want the characters involved, so it needs to slow down to allow for that. Imo FFL should have gone to Diagon from Day 1, which would have given the land more room for both Gringotts and another smaller dark ride

We also forget that Gringotts was designed in response to the claims FJ was too intense (this was before they toned it down).

But imagine if they could have created a stacked and layered mine runaway coaster. Ughhhh.

Reactions: Mike S and HPFred
We also forget that Gringotts was designed in response to the claims FJ was too intense (this was before they toned it down).

Yea. Whether we like it or not, a lot of people were really upset that the only main Potter Ride was too intense for most people. Even in its toned down form it’s going to be too much for a lot of people with motion sickness.

My mom can’t even consider doing FJ, but she loves Gringotts.

But imagine if they could have created a stacked and layered mine runaway coaster. Ughhhh.

I mean, sure. I can Blue Sky anything into being better. But Gringotts is still a top flight theme park attraction. I think the biggest issue with it, TBH, is that the big thrill moment is at the beginning, and not the end. ROTR is going to invert that, which is good

Universal are making a lot of things and although the ride systems might be similar they don’t want the feeling that the rides are the same.

Case in point, if they went for a runaway mine cart, this might not have allowed for a Donkey Kong mine cart coaster eventually.

Yea. Whether we like it or not, a lot of people were really upset that the only main Potter Ride was too intense for most people. Even in its toned down form it’s going to be too much for a lot of people with motion sickness.

My mom can’t even consider doing FJ, but she loves Gringotts.

I mean, sure. I can Blue Sky anything into being better. But Gringotts is still a top flight theme park attraction. I think the biggest issue with it, TBH, is that the big thrill moment is at the beginning, and not the end. ROTR is going to invert that, which is good

My mum would be the exact same. She used to ride coasters all day no problem and then one day she went on a twister flat ride and that was her done with anything that could even remotely give a hint of motion sickness.

I think after years of trying, my parents might return to Orlando this year and I think that Gringott's is going to be the ride that will make her fall in love with rides again.

Reactions: JungleSkip