Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why would anyone even ask TSA about this in advance? It's obviously an innocent item if TSA were to open the luggage and discover what these actually were and likely would allow the passenger to pass through. This sounds like a situation where it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Reactions: Andysol
Why would anyone even ask TSA about this in advance? It's obviously an innocent item if TSA were to open the luggage and discover what these actually were and likely would allow the passenger to pass through. This sounds like a situation where it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Some people just get stressed about TSA and what is/isn't allowed.

The non-locals don't usually realize that parks get affected not just the Day of the storm, but also the days leading up and afterward. As people drop plans to "prepare", and then deal with the aftermath several days later.

To say it's a "good" thing because it's a press scapegoat if people don't show up, is a little silly. People were going to show up...but now less will.

The non-locals don't usually realize that parks get affected not just the Day of the storm, but also the days leading up and afterward. As people drop plans to "prepare", and then deal with the aftermath several days later.

To say it's a "good" thing because it's a press scapegoat if people don't show up, is a little silly. People were going to show up...but now less will.

Few days before the storm was projected Disney already cut their projections by half. Sooooo....

Update: Nevermind, it's supposed to be a Cat 2 at landfall. Great.

I had plans to go this Monday for the opening...which looks like it probably won't happen now. I'm a pretty recent Floridian and this is the first hurricane I'll experience. How far in advance do the meteorologists tend to know if it will officially change directions or strengthen/weaken when it hits Florida? I have until Saturday afternoon to cancel my Airbnb,

Someone in my office mentioned that they totally misjudged one a couple years ago and everyone left the east coast to go to the west, and it ended up hitting the west instead.

I had plans to go this Monday for the opening...which looks like it probably won't happen now. I'm a pretty recent Floridian and this is the first hurricane I'll experience. How far in advance do the meteorologists tend to know if it will officially change directions or strengthen/weaken when it hits Florida? I have until Saturday afternoon to cancel my Airbnb,

Someone in my office mentioned that they totally misjudged one a couple years ago and everyone left the east coast to go to the west, and it ended up hitting the west instead.

Won’t be till 24-36 hours before landfall.

Reactions: Joel

and even that far out, you get what happened with Irma where we thought we'd be getting hit on the east coast (I'm in Fort Lauderdale) but it destroyed the west coast.

Look at what happened overnight - Dorian was supposed to hit east coast Florida as a weak tropical storm and is now forecasted to hit as a major hurricane. It was also supposed to squeeze between Hispaniola and Puerto Rico but now its passing over the very east coast of PR.

EDIT: living on the coast we also evacuated but we only went inland about 15 miles to the edge of the everglades and stayed at a cat 5 certified hotel. we ended up leaving that same night because the track kept shifting west.

funny enough was reading a weather post on Facebook, and saw more than a few people say they were heading to Disney this weekend (my guess is for the opening), and now aren't sure what to do.

This really sucks for Disney...although opening a new attraction during prime hurricane season isn't always the best idea either.

Ya SWGE has just not been a good performer at opening for now so many different reasons. Kinda unfortunate tbh. Just imagine if 5-6 years ago "Whenever these were announced" that this is how opening went for both coasts. Just crazy how many things change over time

Not to disrupt the hurricane talk, but I just want to point out that my years-long prediction of Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge opening ceremony being star-studded and Hollywood Studios' being... not... was accurate!

Reactions: Mike S