Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Star Tours separated from the new Star Wars land by Muppet puppets. Original Star Wars movie, in a galaxy far far away. Oh well, if I have to explain the joke, it must not have been very good. :lol:
The point is Star Tours isn't going to be Star Tours anymore... so it won't be "far, far away". It'll be an Incredibles ride or something :lol:

The point is Star Tours isn't going to be Star Tours anymore... so it won't be "far, far away". It'll be an Incredibles ride or something :lol:
Yeah, I realize that may happen, but that will probably end up somewhere down the line, doubtful if that will happen as early as when the land opens. And it was a joke after all, not a prediction. Yeesh.:)

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yeah, I realize that may happen, but that will probably end up somewhere down the line, doubtful if that will happen as early as when the land opens. And it was a joke after all, not a prediction. Yeesh.:)
I understand it was a joke, that's why I addressed it as so in my initial post towards you.

Also, I think you'll be surprised at how quickly ST gets turned over to something new based on what i've heard. Let's not forget that the redo of the queue and ride refurbishment from ST to ST2.0 only took 9-10 months. The park simply can't afford for ST to go down right now with everything going on elsewhere.

I understand it was a joke, that's why I addressed it as so in my initial post towards you.

Also, I think you'll be surprised at how quickly ST gets turned over to something new based on what i've heard. Let's not forget that the redo of the queue and ride refurbishment from ST to ST2.0 only took 9-10 months. The park simply can't afford for ST to go down right now with everything going on elsewhere.
Since when does that matter to Disney? They've just destroyed the park and the replacement lands aren't exactly on a crash construction schedule. You are giving them way too much credit. :)

Since when does that matter to Disney? They've just destroyed the park and the replacement lands aren't exactly on a crash construction schedule. You are giving them way too much credit. :)
I'm not giving them way to much credit, i'm going on what I know.

The lands are not moving at break neck speed, but the foundations are clear for the Slinky Coaster and Alien Saucer spin for Toy Story and foundations are beginning for the Battle attraction with SWL as the latest aerials show. Again, not break neck speed, but they're coming together.

The other thing to keep in mind looking at SWL in DL versus DHS is that in Cali this is a major disruption to the DL railroad, Rivers of America, and Fantasmic. Their push to get things going over there is clear, they need those other rides back on line ASAP. DHS not so much since no current rides are impacted.

The other thing to keep in mind looking at SWL in DL versus DHS is that in Cali this is a major disruption to the DL railroad, Rivers of America, and Fantasmic. Their push to get things going over there is clear, they need those other rides back on line ASAP. DHS not so much since no current rides are impacted.
DL will still clearly finish first, but DHS probably only 6-8 months behind (and will hopefully have a smoother opening as they will know what kinks need to be worked out and when from DL's opening).

Reactions: Scott W.
DL will still clearly finish first, but DHS probably only 6-8 months behind (and will hopefully have a smoother opening as they will know what kinks need to be worked out and when from DL's opening).

I'd be willing to bet that even thought WDW will have more time to "fix" any known issues before opening. It won't.

I don't know... do you think they can work on this and TSL at the same time? Heck, I think one of the reasons this entire project is lagging right now is the push to get Pandora done. I see them concentrating on getting TSL up before putting serious effort behind SWL. I also see this as a corporate money issue where they don't want to have too many high dollar capital projects going on at the same time. This would be yet another reason they don't get heavy into SWL in DHS until the bulk of the work and money is spent in DL.

I never saw Star Tours 2.0, and I don't really see my self going to Disney "name to be announced" studios until after Star Wars Land is finished. So I hope it sticks around for at least a little while.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
How long Star Tours remains open after the SWE opens depends on how big the initial crush of Star Wars fans is. They want to keep it through the first wave and then retheme it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'll just be going to the Disneyland version unless the Florida version is dramatically different. Figure I'll pick a couple of mid week days during the school year to fly out and catch it. kids will love the playing hooky aspect.

Reactions: Mike S