Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The whole hyperbolic talk, the tone of the video just rubs me wrong. It's so arrogant, so look at us being amazing and let me tell that to you, let me tell you how you should feel about this.
"It will be jaw dropping and incredibly emotional" - Sure that is Potter but can we decide for ourselves please. If it is great it will happen, trust your work, don't oversell.
"It's going to be an intense and super fun experience" - Or you will get nausea and trow up in this Star Tours clone. Again let us decide if it's fun.
"One of the experiences I am sure every visitor will love" - But what if I expect my Star Wars, you know the first 3 movies, I don't recognize this place, how can I love it.
"There is nothing more meaningful and more special to build this land" - Listen to that people who are running Give Kids The World or you who is working to find cancer treatments. Your work is meaningless!

Star Wars the rise of the resistance acting from the woman looking at the window is grinch worthy.
"This attraction invites you to be a recruit of the resistance and stand up against the first order" while sitting in a 'The Great Movie Ride' like vehicle doing nothing but you will be a hero? Where is "the outcome of the attractions will have impact about how the residence of Galaxy Edge will interact with you"?
Is this another Avatar where Disney over promise and under deliver? With their overblown statements it probably will but I'm positive the general public will love it.
All I see is Star Tours 2.0 with a simple video game thrown in there and a Great Movie Ride clone with added screens all wrapped in something that almost, but not quite, looks like Star Wars.
This was a great read. A++++. Would read again.

Yeah, I'm not sure a Marketing person would hold onto their job if they simply said, "Hey, ride this and see if you like it."
Trust me, there is a healthy middle ground but I guess this is probably a cultural thing and me not being from the US perceive this way of communication different than you.

Trust me, there is a healthy middle ground but I guess this is probably a cultural thing and me not being from the US perceive this way of communication different than you.

I just think you are grasping at straws to find things to be in a huff about. It's exciting, I think the designers are genuinely excited, and I feel like any major attraction gets video interviews like this, at many theme parks.

I just think you are grasping at straws to find things to be in a huff about. It's exciting, I think the designers are genuinely excited, and I feel like any major attraction gets video interviews like this, at many theme parks.
Let’s not forget the hype Universal put up around Fast & Furious.

Reactions: alomar and Ryno27
:shrug:
Given that Disney has a far more consistent track record in building cutting edge E ticket rides than Universal does, I’ll wager to bet that when they say this is going to be their best ride ever, that it truly will be.
Overseas at least in recent years. FoP and RSR being the exceptions.

Reactions: twebber55
:shrug:
Given that Disney has a far more consistent track record in building cutting edge E ticket rides than Universal does, I’ll wager to bet that when they say this is going to be their best ride ever, that it truly will be.

I agree with you that it'll be incredible. But they said "Most Epic" ride ever. Whatever that means. What isn't announced as "Epic" in Orlando these days?

Reactions: truejonas
I've been more impressed with the land then the rides so far - but I understand I'm in the minority. Until I see more... :shrug:

My expectations for the rides have dropped slightly, and I'm now a bit closer to your position, as well. For example, once I heard that this...
latest

... is very likely the queue and not part of the ride, I began to readjust my expectations.

I'm still hoping they knock it out of the park, though, and I believe there's still every chance they can.

I agree with you that it'll be incredible. But they said "Most Epic" ride ever. Whatever that means. What isn't announced as "Epic" in Orlando these days?
Harry Potter coaster.

Because it’s never getting announced.

Real talk though - “epic,” in a general sense, revolves around scale. So, by virtue of size, Resistance is the most epic dark ride they’ve produced. It has two full-sized AT-ATs. They’re static. But they’re big. Epic.

The BIGGER concern is that little snippet where you just meander through a corridor, then enter a big room with those static AT-ATs. Motion-wise, there’s no feeling of urgency in what the RV is doing. Sure, we’re not hearing the audio. And I hope it’s missing effects. But if that is the general pace of the ride, it’s going to disappoint.

Harry Potter coaster.

Because it’s never getting announced.

Real talk though - “epic,” in a general sense, revolves around scale. So, by virtue of size, Resistance is the most epic dark ride they’ve produced. It has two full-sized AT-ATs. They’re static. But they’re big. Epic.

The BIGGER concern is that little snippet where you just meander through a corridor, then enter a big room with those static AT-ATs. Motion-wise, there’s no feeling of urgency in what the RV is doing. Sure, we’re not hearing the audio. And I hope it’s missing effects. But if that is the general pace of the ride, it’s going to disappoint.

Obviously it’s a lot of who knows right now, but if the story is that you are being transported to a holding cell, I assume it will be a slow ride at the start, with urgency and mayhem inserted once the rebels show up? And or once your transport goes rogue?

Obviously it’s a lot of who knows right now, but if the story is that you are being transported to a holding cell, I assume it will be a slow ride at the start, with urgency and mayhem inserted once the rebels show up? And or once your transport goes rogue?
Definitely possible. Without knowing the narrative, I’ll admit I’m presuming. My concern (as the ride is presented) is a combination of slow moving RV with static AT-ATs. Those AT-ATs are likely in one of (if not the) biggest rooms in the ride. I assumed that big room would be a “fast” scene. If it’s not, the fact that the AT-ATs aren’t moving is glaring.

It just feels... disparate... so far. The Falcon clip is far more exciting.

Reactions: truejonas
In fairness, why would AT-ATs be moving around inside a Star Destroyer, anyway? They're designed for a ground assault, so unless the Empire-lite just perpetually keeps a crew inside each one - on the off chance that they're suddenly needed for some reason - it makes sense that there wouldn't be anybody inside them and they'd be stationary.

Leave me understand this.....You're being transported to an area, suddenly you stop in front of a giant effect/scape, then you proceed through another scenic area....and then there's this really 'great' (?) battle scene to end all battle scenes ....ooops :doh: , Damn,I got that confused with Fast & Furious:curse:... ;):lol:

In fairness, why would AT-ATs be moving around inside a Star Destroyer, anyway? They're designed for a ground assault, so unless the Empire-lite just perpetually keeps a crew inside each one - on the off chance that they're suddenly needed for some reason - it makes sense that there wouldn't be anybody inside them and they'd be stationary.
Maybe it’s my own conditioning. When military equipment is stored, it’s (supposed to be) aligned and uniform. In the ride, they’re not. One is slightly further ahead than the other and they’re “looking” in different directions. To me, the positioning implies they’re being operated.