Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’ll be interesting watching this get built, I remember hearing some rumblings that there may be some kind of motion in some parts of the hotel. Would that be something that can be seen during construction depending on the scale?

WDWNT has a rumored name for the hotel and the spaceship you will be boarding.

If it's true, I dig the logo, and the mock up glass.

of course, it's clearly a rumor at this point.

WDWNT has a rumored name for the hotel and the spaceship you will be boarding.

If it's true, I dig the logo, and the mock up glass.

of course, it's clearly a rumor at this point.
So, are those leaked images, even though he never says the word “leaked”?

With the less than amazing attendance at Disneyland, I wonder if they are just a little bit nervous about this hotel.

Nah, there's going to be so few rooms that it'll sell out in seconds.
Plus, I think many fans will see this as an extension of the land, which is something the Disneyland doesn't have.

Now of course, it's a very costly add-on and I do think Disney should be slightly concerned that it seems the interest isn't there among the casual group, but I think they really only need the hardcore fans to make this hotel churn money and I don't think they'll have that big of a problem getting them. Of course, the media reviews had better be spectacular for what i'm expecting them to charge.

With the relatively low cost of construction and the high prices to stay, worst case scenario, they make a little bit of money.
And then there's the best case scenario:
J5b.gif

Reactions: Ryan and Scott W.
And then there's the best case scenario:
J5b.gif
It’s that small of a project that even if it’s a runaway success, they can simply name their price and have full occupancy for years.

Being a boutique hotel with only a few nights stay needed and having all the extra rooms available in WDW to accommodate the rest of the persons vacation, I just can’t see it failing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Plus, I think many fans will see this as an extension of the land, which is something the Disneyland doesn't have.

Now of course, it's a very costly add-on and I do think Disney should be slightly concerned that it seems the interest isn't there among the casual group, but I think they really only need the hardcore fans to make this hotel churn money and I don't think they'll have that big of a problem getting them. Of course, the media reviews had better be spectacular for what i'm expecting them to charge.

And here lies the problem in my eyes...will “hardcore” fans that do spend their life savings to visit be able to do it again?

I’m sure it will so really well the first decade is open, but once the land is no longer “new” and the fans that can afford to spend the money have...who is left?

Short term seems fine, but long term I’m not so sure.

And here lies the problem in my eyes...will “hardcore” fans that do spend their life savings to visit be able to do it again?

I’m sure it will so really well the first decade is open, but once the land is no longer “new” and the fans that can afford to spend the money have...who is left?

Short term seems fine, but long term I’m not so sure.

I don't think there's a large audience for this. It'll sell out quickly but how much is that the usual bloggers and reporters? How many people are willing to take that much time out of their vacation for a giant SW experience? I don't know.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't think there's a large audience for this. It'll sell out quickly but how much is that the usual bloggers and reporters? How many people are willing to take that much time out of their vacation for a giant SW experience? I don't know.

I’m a pretty big Star Wars fan, and even I’m intimidated by a “dinner theater show” hotel stay. I feel like I would be rolling my eyes and looking for the pool after the first hour. I won’t be saying “bright suns” to anyone, I wonder if that’s required on the hotel contract.

Reactions: Coasted
I’m a pretty big Star Wars fan, and even I’m intimidated by a “dinner theater show” hotel stay. I feel like I would be rolling my eyes and looking for the pool after the first hour. I won’t be saying “bright suns” to anyone, I wonder if that’s required on the hotel contract.

And with this hotel there isn't a pool!

I think you might be right, but I don't see a scenario where they lose money on this hotel. Also, this hotel would likely be incredibly easy to retheme to something more... generic should the situation become that dire. The hotel not having a pool I think will be corrected fairly quickly once they hear guest complaints and may well even be enough to cause an early expansion of the hotel.

With so few rooms in this hotel, I just see the main problem (appealing to the masses) being overcome by the lack of a need for a large amount of people to stay there. Also, we still don't know exactly what the entertainment options will be or really any specifics of what the experience will be yet. I expect we will find out at D23. Once we find that stuff out, it will be easier to judge how worth it this experience actually will be for the guests.

Reactions: OrlLover and fryoj
It would probably take all of a day to take this from a $1000 a night SW experience, to a $150 a night SW themed value hotel that would sell out months in advance. So far, it doesn't look like an expensive build. 10 years from now, or whenever things slow down, there no reason they can't turn it into a more typical hotel. They probably already have plans drawn up for where to put a pool and additional room wings.

Reactions: Coasted and Nick
It would probably take all of a day to take this from a $1000 a night SW experience, to a $150 a night SW themed value hotel that would sell out months in advance. So far, it doesn't look like an expensive build. 10 years from now, or whenever things slow down, there no reason they can't turn it into a more typical hotel. They probably already have plans drawn up for where to put a pool and additional room wings.
I agree, but remember that the cost won't be ~$1000. Sure for one person it will be, but who's gonna do this alone? The cost is gonna be like a cruise ship and it's gonna be north of $1000 PER PERSON. So for a family of 4 or 5, that's a VERY expensive and hard to justify stay.

I don't think this is aimed at a your average family of 4 or 5 though as much as it is families with money to blow. That's where the main issue comes in is that the ones with the money to blow isn't their core audience. Those are who Disney likes, but you can't rely on them.

Reactions: SeventyOne