What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I solemnly swear I didn't know the name of the attractions. ;)

I actually like both of these names, but this one I do like more. And from the promo video and photo's, the attention to detail is amazing.

That said, man does it make me laugh that we are essentially prisoners of the First Order; which makes me wonder if Kylo will have a rage fit of us leaving our cell. :tease:

I thought it was after IX, since it will exist mostly after IX.

Before would be much better, although that may be a large swath of time, with the rumors of a time jump between VIII and IX.

Since Kyle destroyed his helmet, any main character besides Chewie will be tough to pull off well. Assuming we don't have some god awful glow head Rey and Finn.

To be frank, the ride system seems more like a covered version of Ratatouille. I would love to be proven wrong, but I get the feeling that we will not be tilting in the vehicle.

..I am curious if they will be putting effects in the vehicle though, such as vibrations and lighting effects.

Uuuuuuh, looks CGI to me.

And perhaps it is, but Anaheim is more along with this attraction than Orlando. It may be easily possible if WDI wanted to just use some of the completed set's as a test for lighting & media mapping in the case of the screens.

I was thinking they did some movement on the way to the platform. Unless the "track" is simply uneven.

Uuuuuuh, looks CGI to me.
Look at the floor. That's not CGI. Also from DPB article: "Our second attraction, which puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order, is called Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. As you can see from this video, which was shot in the actual attraction, both the stakes, and the excitement are running high in this epic Star Wars cliffhanger!"
I don't think RotR's will do that.
Don't be so sure...at least from what I've heard.

Look at the floor. That's not CGI. Also from DPB article: "Our second attraction, which puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order, is called Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. As you can see from this video, which was shot in the actual attraction, both the stakes, and the excitement are running high in this epic Star Wars cliffhanger!"

Don't be so sure...at least from what I've heard.
In the last scene, look at the giant head when the RV turns. It has to be CGI.