Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Star-Wars-Timeline-Graphic.jpg

Just checked back, and..it seems to be a mixed answer; as both Resistance and GE are placed right next to Rise of Skywalker.

Reactions: Nick
The graphic above from D23 is certainly not clear.

Not obvious at all.

It may make more logical sense being post-TLJ, but then why did they just add lightsabers to the land from ROS? :eek:O:

Tbh from the official timeline I could see how it would be a bit unclear since the line intersects very strangely, but it is visible that it connects right between TLJ and ROS.

and to answer the second part, in reality mechandising, in universe probably just the same parts were coincidentally readily available

Reactions: Nick

Tbh from the official timeline I could see how it would be a bit unclear since the line intersects very strangely, but it is visible that it connects right between TLJ and ROS.

and to answer the second part, in reality mechandising, in universe probably just the same parts were coincidentally readily available
OK, I can see that line now. But i'll always be looking at the land from the veil of having seen all three films in the trilogy so it's still a bit weird.

As far as merchandising goes... I just don't see how they can claim to be set in-between TLJ and ROS, yet they magically have merch from something in the Star Wars "future". The canon isn't lining up.

I am really hoping you don't have to get there early in the morning for the virtual queue. I wish we could do online reservations in advance like we could for the initial Galaxy's Edge previews.

With how different the DL audience is from the WDW audience, it is hard to predict how long the virtual queue will be needed. Hopefully the ride will be running at full capacity once it opens at Disneyland.

To be fair, WW Hoggsmead is set around the Goblet of fire so if Universal can pick one movie in a franchise to base a land on I don't see an issue with Disney doing the same with GE.

OK, I can see that line now. But i'll always be looking at the land from the veil of having seen all three films in the trilogy so it's still a bit weird.

As far as merchandising goes... I just don't see how they can claim to be set in-between TLJ and ROS, yet they magically have merch from something in the Star Wars "future". The canon isn't lining up.

well it’s obvious merchandise is different then the ride narrative. Did you really think ROS would end and the First Order would still be in power? There was obviously going to be a happy ending.
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but it seems like a nonsensical complaint.

well it’s obvious merchandise is different then the ride narrative. Did you really think ROS would end and the First Order would still be in power? There was obviously going to be a happy ending.
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but it seems like a nonsensical complaint.
Merch isn’t different from the land however, which is supposed to be canon to between 8 & 9. How would they have stuff from Episode 9 if they are being strictly canonical to the middle period? Obviously they aren’t. I’m more than fine if Batuu loses its timeline and we can have any SW characters within the land (within reason).

And yes, even if the ride narrative makes sense after TLJ, like I said, I and all SW fans will know what happens in TROS, so many elements of the ride are now awkward. It’s not like they explicitly state to you at any time while in the land when the land takes place.

For example, when Kylo comes and walks “menacingly” through Black Spire, that no longer works because we know his fate. People will probably want to see something else, but it won’t be able to happen either due to how the film ends.

It just makes things a little messy since only people on message boards will know the timeline.

Last edited:
Merch isn’t different from the land however, which is supposed to be canon to between 8 & 9. How would they have stuff from Episode 9 if they are being strictly canonical to the middle period? Obviously they aren’t. I’m more than fine if Batuu loses its timeline and we can have any SW characters within the land (within reason).

And yes, even if the ride narrative makes sense after TLJ, like I said, I and all SW fans will know what happens in TROS, so many elements of the ride are now awkward. It’s not like they explicitly state to you at any time while in the land when the land takes place.

For example, when Kylo comes and walks “menacingly” through Black Spire, that no longer works because we know his fate. People will probably want to see something else, but it won’t be able to happen either due to how the film ends.

It just makes things a little messy since only people on message boards will know the timeline.

Is that any different then seeing Vader or Boba Fett walk around? I do agree that the “timeline” should probably be ignored completely. Maybe just in the land itself.

Personally putting the land so much into one time frame is limiting, let the property breathe some. Potter benefits from it. Just let Star Wars be Star Wars, be fun and empowering not tied up in plot.

Is that any different then seeing Vader or Boba Fett walk around? I do agree that the “timeline” should probably be ignored completely. Maybe just in the land itself.
No, him as a walk around character will stay obviously. What I mean is:
Fans will likely want to see Rey and Kylo together. We don’t even see it in the movie aside from the kiss and death scene

Personally putting the land so much into one time frame is limiting, let the property breathe some. Potter benefits from it. Just let Star Wars be Star Wars, be fun and empowering not tied up in plot.
The land would be great as just an outpost planet - not set in any time period. Anyone from any time period can visit.

I’d have a Mandalorian walk around character out there right now if that were the case, but no, they boxed themselves in.

Yes, it makes no good sense, or business sense, to be so strict with the timeline immersion. After the movie, that timeline doesn't flow well anyway. As Joe said, just let it be FUN. That's the secret to Potter. Whoever is responsible at Disney trying to be so strict with the Batuu immersion stuff, is just being 'stupid'. A little crass, but that's the best word to describe the stubborn stance. Damn, put all those great Star Wars characters in the land. Why hold back now?