Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To bring this up..Palpatine was apparently planned for a longer period of time; and was always meant for IX.

In some ways, it could be fitting when thinking of it; especially as it'd mean that Palpatine's legacy, will dwarf the Skywalker Saga as much as Anakin and Luke have.

To bring this up..Palpatine was apparently planned for a longer period of time; and was always meant for IX.

In some ways, it could be fitting when thinking of it; especially as it'd mean that Palpatine's legacy, will dwarf the Skywalker Saga as much as Anakin and Luke have.

1.) I don't believe her when she says this has been planned for a long time. None of this crap has been planned out.

2.) Not a fan of their decision to confirm Palpatine instead of playing it off and be coy about if it was or wasn't him. Marvel would nevah.

Reactions: Trumen882
2.) Not a fan of their decision to confirm Palpatine instead of playing it off and be coy about if it was or wasn't him. Marvel would nevah.

Bringing out McDiarmid was basically confirmation.

There's still a ton of mystery surrounding how the character will be used.

And I also think after the Khan debacle during the pre-release hype for STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS, Abrams isn't as interested in doing anything that could be perceived as duplicitous just for the sake of preserving a reveal.

Reactions: RevFreako
Bringing out McDiarmid was basically confirmation.
I mean, obviously. That was part of my point. It just feels unnecessary to be confirming stuff like that from a teaser, but at the same time I get it. It's SW Celebration and it gives fans one last chance to celebrate McDiarmid for playing the role over the course of these films.

One more thought on Palpatine... i'm gonna guess he'll be about as alive as Luke and Yoda will be in this film. It's possible he has an expanded role, but I see it as more of a stunt cameo and it's one of those moments where Rey and Kylo have another shared Force Vision or something like that and they go back in time and in it they see the Emperor doing Emperor things.

There is a rumor floating around that could be a potential spoiler (Which I will mark it as such). If this is true.....Star Wars is really done. They will have hit a new low in lazy writing.

So the reason why we will see Palpatine back and Hayden Christensen supposedly back to reprise his role is that they’re going full “Avengers: Endgame” and introducing....TIME TRAVEL. Yes, we will probably see the current group go back in time. That is how they can “fix” the issues TLJ had and regain that opportunity one more time to reunite the OG cast. That’s how they would also introduce the “Sith Troopers”.

“Well, that’s just lazy writing.” -Deadpool

Ehhh....I’m not that against that idea...and it seems way to convoluted to be considered “lazy”. If anything it sounds overwritten.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
There is a rumor floating around that could be a potential spoiler (Which I will mark it as such). If this is true.....Star Wars is really done. They will have hit a new low in lazy writing.

So the reason why we will see Palpatine back and Hayden Christensen supposedly back to reprise his role is that they’re going full “Avengers: Endgame” and introducing....TIME TRAVEL. Yes, we will probably see the current group go back in time. That is how they can “fix” the issues TLJ had and regain that opportunity one more time to reunite the OG cast. That’s how they would also introduce the “Sith Troopers”.

“Well, that’s just lazy writing.” -Deadpool
This wouldn’t be introducing the concept of time travel, it was dabbled with in Rebels. Also, I can’t find any legitimate sources to this rumor. MSW usually reports on this kind of stuff, but they haven’t made mention of it.

You’re really on the ball with these updates right now.
Thanks. I’m trying my best to keep up with the panel, but having to go by twitter updates makes it a bit harder. Headed to work now though so I’ll probably just check back later to see the rest.

Reactions: MrBlonde
regarding that footage:

Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker D23 Footage Reaction – /Film
The footage begins with a sort of nostalgic sizzle reel featuring iconic shots of Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia from Star Wars: A New Hope. It cycles through some big moments from the rest of the trilogy, including the final shot of The Empire Strikes Back, Yoda lifting the X-wing out of the swamp, Lando Calrissian, and even some prequel shots make it in like Darth Maul igniting his double-bladed lightsaber.

After a montage of some footage from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, there’s a new shot of the new trilogy heroes overlooking the desert civilization that was glimpsed in the teaser trailer and the Vanity Fair photoshoot.

An intimidating shot of what appeared to be dozens of Star Destroyers in space is truly awesome. Rey and Kylo Ren are seen fighting on the wreckage of the Death Star with water crashing around them.

But the money shot is Rey, wearing a dark side style hooded cloak, igniting a double-bladed lightsaber. But this one is different from Darth Maul’s in that the handle somehow folds in the middle and transitions from being a single blade to the double blade mode. The Emperor could be heard saying something during this shot, but the crowd’s reaction was so loud that it was nearly impossible to hear what he said.

So everything, from villains to lightsabers, are coming full circle in this movie. Let's hope this ends the Skywalker saga on a universally beloved point.

Edit: @Cup_Of_Coffee I just noticed we both joined here on the same day. What are the odds? (Never tell me the odds.)

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee