Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Uni did fit it into the canon... the existing cannon. they didn't try to make it new canon.

Anyone see this in 3d or Imax? I expect 3d will be good as post production 3d has actually been increasingly worthwhile but heard almost nothing about Imax. I assume they didnt really film anything with Imax cameras this time.

Then why is Dumbledore still alive even though you can experience the heist of Gringott's?

That's what I mean. WWoHP doesn't actually make sense cohesively. But what I'm saying is it might be for the best.

My initial reaction to some major spoilers....

What a waste of Kylo. Man, Adam Driver was like an entirely different person when he turned to the light side, I was so excited for him. The kiss was weird, but I figured they’d go off together and protect the galaxy together, then, he just, died. Why? Honestly horrible decision. Add in the fact the Skywalker family is extinct and now lived thru via a Palpatine. So, ya. I REALLY am not sure if I like that. If Rey and Kylo got married and she were Rey Skywalker that’s one thing but to just take the name? I guess “Skywalker” now stands for Jedi? Idk. Big misses on those in my opinion. Just a bit miss all around with the entire trilogy is my first reaction. I really, really wanted to enjoy this one as well. The new characters were fine in this film, I don’t feel they grew a ton. But ya, Kylo was handled terribly, what an unsatisfying pay off when it could’ve been tremendous!!

EDIT:
Okay, one MAJOR positive!
CHEWIE GOT HIS MEDAL!!! That, and just simply seeing Luke and Leia together on Tattoine are the only times I got close to teary.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Uni did fit it into the canon... the existing cannon. they didn't try to make it new canon.

Anyone see this in 3d or Imax? I expect 3d will be good as post production 3d has actually been increasingly worthwhile but heard almost nothing about Imax. I assume they didnt really film anything with Imax cameras this time.
No IMAX. Filmed on 35mm and 70mm films, using Panavision lenses. So basically filmed in Panavision and Super Panavision.

Then why is Dumbledore still alive even though you can experience the heist of Gringott's?

That's what I mean. WWoHP doesn't actually make sense cohesively. But what I'm saying is it might be for the best.
It's cannon but no specific timeline. The answer is "the Wizarding World is timeless". Only one attraction is locked to a specific time and that's Gringotts. GE is locked to a very specific time throughout the land.

I've read quite a few "toxic" posts regarding TLJ, and the new trilogy in general. It may not be everyone, but there is a very vocal group that dislikes the films purely based on political leanings.

I haven't seen much of that stuff on here (thank god), I'm just saying it's out there and easy to find.
I find the new trilogy boring and uninteresting because there’s nothing new, I just watched Episode 1 and now I’m streaming 2, the prequels are a breath of fresh air :)

Now I want to be fair here: I know there are some people who actually may have enjoyed the movie, and that's great. I'm glad you were able to see it.

But now you hopefully understand my frustrations here for those who saw or are fully aware of the spoilers. This whole trilogy was milktoast, bland, uninteresting, and a HUGE missed opportunity. I may or may not see it out of curiosity, but for now, I refuse to give them my money and support this.

I've sat on it and I just hate it even more lol. It's a good movie for mindless fun, but man... So many plot holes, almost nothing is explained, a ton of retconning, and just way too safe. The cast and these characters deserved way more. I really miss how gorgeous TLJ was too.

I find the new trilogy boring and uninteresting because there’s nothing new, I just watched Episode 1 and now I’m streaming 2, the prequels are a breath of fresh air :)
This is insane. The prequels are terrible. They’re not even functioning movies.
Now I want to be fair here: I know there are some people who actually may have enjoyed the movie, and that's great. I'm glad you were able to see it.

But now you hopefully understand my frustrations here for those who saw or are fully aware of the spoilers. This whole trilogy was milktoast, bland, uninteresting, and a HUGE missed opportunity. I may or may not see it out of curiosity, but for now, I refuse to give them my money and support this.

nah. TLJ was none of those things. And TFAs was a bit of a rehash, but it was still a ton of fun.
Disney just panicked and buckled to the wrong people with this one.

This is insane. The prequels are terrible. They’re not even functioning movies.

nah. TLJ was none of those things. And TFAs was a bit of a rehash, but it was still a ton of fun.
Disney just panicked and buckled to the wrong people with this one.
The prequels had a lot of new content, The Force Awakens and apparently the sequel trilogy didn’t :(

On a side note, I’d love to see Disney remake the sequel trilogy, but this time using George Lucas’s story treatment. (Midichloreans, the Force, The Whilks being a vehicle, Osmosis Jones)Let’s face it, the Box office was good, but the movies are junk.

I seriously doubt that. Revenge of the Sith (and all the prequels) have laughable direction and High School play level acting

The second half could be applied to the Last Jedi too but people would rather excuse it over the prequels actually giving us content that fit into the narrative instead of being shoehorned in. Admittedly I think AOTC is a steaming pile of manure but people hate on the prequels and what they established way more than what people give it credit for. There's an entire generation invested into Star Wars because of it...

Also agreed with some comments made about Kylo especially since I feel he's the most interesting out of everyone in the new trilogy. I don't think the movie is complete garbage but still... very meh... Galaxy's Edge feels more redundant because of it too lol.