Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars Weekends 2012

Urgh I hate the Disney Star Wars merchandise.

But anyways not sure if this is posted anywhere else but they have announced a new shopping experience. Just like Han Solo you will be able to carbon-freeze yourself. It's going to be opposite American Idol and basically the article said they will take multiple pictures of you and you pay a hefty fee of $99.99 and in a few weeks it will be shipped to your home address. Pretty expensive IMO I guess some star wars geeks would love it though. I would like to see what they look like though

Full article: vhttp://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2012/05/07/carbon-freeze-me-experience-to-debut-at-star-wars-weekends-2012/

Catherine Taber will be attending Star Wars Weekends for the third weekend of June 1-3, 2012 and completes the guest line up for this year.

New Promos

sww119903LARGE.jpg

sww228957LARGE.jpg

sww229903LARGE.jpg

sww118957LARGE.jpg

[video=youtube;qtw33b9TCfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtw33b9TCfU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I love the idea of having Ewok pinatas. :lol:

I agree with above posts that SWW needs something new in its roster. Even the Hyperspace Hoopla made a joke that they've been doing the same show for years. I hope James Arnold Taylor brings his show back because it was outstanding and brought something new to the event. Maybe another special show instead of the second Behind the Force?

That vid was pretty entertaining. I would like to see the carbon Freeze done, and a carbon freeze photo would be cool.

Well, they are doing this. :thumbs:

From Disney Parks Blog

cfm101299SMALL.jpg

As a child, one of the most memorable scenes that I vividly remember from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back is when Captain Han Solo is frozen in carbonite on Darth Vader’s orders. I think I remember it because after seeing the movie, my parents bought me Boba Fett’s ship that contained a miniature version of Han Solo in carbonite. Coming this year to Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I will have the opportunity to relive that scene with the Carbon-Freeze Me experience. This new experience was created especially for Disney Parks, and is part of our “D-Tech Me” line that uses technology to take personalization to a whole new level (advance reservations are required. Please see below for details).

cfm220219SMALL.jpg

Using state-of-the-art imaging technology, this experience casts your likeness as a three-dimensional, eight-inch figurine. At the Carbon-Freezing Chamber (located adjacent to The American Idol Experience), several cameras will capture multiple angles of your face. The images are then reconstructed in a computer for processing, and in approximately four weeks, the completed figurine is shipped directly to your house. I had my image captured during early tests for this experience, and it was surreal to see a digital version of my head.

cfm330139SMALL.jpg

Each carbonite figurine is $99.95 (plus shipping). You can order additional figurines using the same image scan for $74.95 each. The replica figurine can be hung on a wall, just like the gangster Jabba the Hutt did in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (I plan on doing the same thing when I receive mine). Guests also receive a light-up wristband.

The experience will officially open on May 18 with the launch of Star Wars Weekends.

Reservations are required and can be made starting Monday, May 7 by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

May the Force be with you!

Disney announced this afternoon that due to scheduling conflicts, Jerome Blake will not appear at Star Wars Weekends May 18-20, and will be replaced by Andy Secombe.

I am contemplating heading to Hollywood Studios on a star wars weekend, but I am leaning more to going on a week day instead. Although I am a star wars nerd last time I went we only had one day in Hollywood Studios and unfortunately due to the busyness of the park we couldn't even do that much. It was a dead shame and the crowds did get annoying. Is hollywood studios quiet on non-star wars weekend weekdays? I guess I choose to do all the rides/attractions over some and see some epic star wars stuff.

I am contemplating heading to Hollywood Studios on a star wars weekend, but I am leaning more to going on a week day instead. Although I am a star wars nerd last time I went we only had one day in Hollywood Studios and unfortunately due to the busyness of the park we couldn't even do that much. It was a dead shame and the crowds did get annoying. Is hollywood studios quiet on non-star wars weekend weekdays? I guess I choose to do all the rides/attractions over some and see some epic star wars stuff.

Hollywood Studios is almost never "quiet," but it'll be a lot quieter than on a SW Weekend. You're still getting into the peak season so expect an outrageous wait time at Toy Story and RocknRollercoaster. Being a weekday you should totally be able to get on Star Tours, though. :thumbs:

I knew they were doing that, just meant I would like to see the process, :) thanks anyway.
Wonder if they will bring this to the SW Celebration.

It sounds like a very similar process and concept to what they do for the celebrities when they mold toys after them nowadays. I saw it on a magic of the movies show on Discovery Science channel about a year and a half ago. Think of it like a giant scanner. It looks like something out of Iron Man's suiting machine mixed with those radioactive screeners they use at the airports now.

It sounds like a very similar process and concept to what they do for the celebrities when they mold toys after them nowadays. I saw it on a magic of the movies show on Discovery Science channel about a year and a half ago. Think of it like a giant scanner. It looks like something out of Iron Man's suiting machine mixed with those radioactive screeners they use at the airports now.

Very similar to what Gentle Giant does, wonder if it is them...

Video of the facial scanning process for the Carbon-Freeze Me experience:

[video=youtube;gkVeBjZC96I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVeBjZC96I[/video]

Celebrity parade:

[video=youtube;v1tqYQBXh5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1tqYQBXh5k[/video]

Last edited: