State of USH - What's Next? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they were going to have a new attraction open for 2025, they would have to start like right now considering that it will take longer to build than F&F. That is why that unless there is a new DWT film, 2025 will be an off year.
Not unless it's a small physical build like Jupiter's Claim was.

Aside from Kung Fu Panda 4, Dreamworks has two other animated movies coming out in 2024. Maybe they are creating a new DWT film alongside one of them and with 2024 being the 60th anniversary of the park, maybe they will do a one two punch with the new DWT film early 2024 followed up with F&F in Summer.

I heavily doubt we'll see anything in DWT next year. Universal also isn't huge on anniversaries. I wouldn't expect much outside of maybe some sort of Tram Tour temporary offering which was mentioned in some surveys

Not unless it's a small physical build like Jupiter's Claim was.
They could maybe do Bourne in 2 and a half...

It feels like for most of the rumors we've heard, any construction would have to start relatively soon.

F&F needs to go up soon to have any chance of making Summer 2024.

DK probably needs to move backstage or Jurassic facilities this year to make a 2026 opening.

And anything that replaces the Studio Tour Plaza sometime this decade would need that space to be vacated for a new location by at least 2025 or 2026, which would necessitate a one to two year build of a new plaza on the lower lot starting this year or in 2024.

I don't know why everyone seems to constantly think a new film for the Dreamworks Theater is imminent - or coming at all.
Cause it’s empty wasted space currently? They should actively be pursuing a replacement from an outside opinion.

Cause it’s empty wasted space currently? They should actively be pursuing a replacement from an outside opinion.
The theater usually fills up or almost fills up in my experience. It may not garner waits, but it does what it needs to do. I wouldn't really consider it wasted space. I would not expect a new show to come for a long time, that was either a marketing gimmick or something that became too expensive to be feasible once the theater got scrapped for Orlando

No, it isn't? Kung Fu Panda is a reliable people eater that plays to consistently full houses and gets good GSATs.
Oh god… I was under the impression this still wasn’t open from the pandemic. Nevermind, it should stay KFP!

I had poor assumption it’s been closed, hence a new film expected upon return.

• Haha
Reactions: Clive and Cygnus
I think the rumor (and hope) persists because on a relative scale, it seems like an easy, affordable solution to having a "new" attraction. The fact they called it "Dreamworks Theater" and not "Kung Fu Panda Theater" implies that the intention is/was to have other Dreamworks films featured at some point.

I can get how it wouldn't be Universal's #1 priority or anything, but it seems a bit of a no-brainer way to upgrade an attraction eventually. If they truely aren't even working or thinking about a new film at some point is really just a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:
Shrek 4-D ran for just over 14 years ... the current Kung Fu Panda film has run for just more than five. I understand that to be a theme park fan is to be impatient, but this is a bit silly.

I’m thinking we should expect a new film around 2032 or… they just tear the building down for a new potter attraction or WaterWorld land!

They could maybe do Bourne in 2 and a half...

It feels like for most of the rumors we've heard, any construction would have to start relatively soon.

F&F needs to go up soon to have any chance of making Summer 2024.

DK probably needs to move backstage or Jurassic facilities this year to make a 2026 opening.

And anything that replaces the Studio Tour Plaza sometime this decade would need that space to be vacated for a new location by at least 2025 or 2026, which would necessitate a one to two year build of a new plaza on the lower lot starting this year or in 2024.
What could they put in the studio tour plaza? I don't know how they would design a land so it could block out the back side of the FB show building and bring it up to the level of the upper lot so you don't have to take an esculator down. Or they will just use the space for just one show building? Or maybe it will become the Hogwarts express for a version of the MMOM from EU built where Falls Lake is now.

Simple answer: The former Pit Stop location in-between Flash Flood and Kong 360.
How would guests access this area? an esculator or will it be built in a way where that is not needed?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
The theater usually fills up or almost fills up in my experience. It may not garner waits, but it does what it needs to do. I wouldn't really consider it wasted space. I would not expect a new show to come for a long time, that was either a marketing gimmick or something that became too expensive to be feasible once the theater got scrapped for Orlando
I actually saw concept art for DWT at USF before that became Villain Con. Do you happen to know why it was scrapped at USF in favor of Villain Con?

How would guests access this area? an esculator or will it be built in a way where that is not needed?

During the Studio Tour, as opposed to going into the picture car area, the vehicles would go up to this area right here.

1678078776779.png

Back in the day, this was used as a halfway point for that of the Studio Tour, and offered relief when the Tour was in a different scope. It was listed for a future experience/attraction for the park when the Evolution Plan was given it's updated pitch in 2013; but due to the geography, you would need to make it a Studio Tour attraction.

Would be a quick turnaround to be sure, but they could absolutely do this and if they wanted; changing the studio tour route to have this be something experienced after Kong 360 or after the Lost World sequence.

During the Studio Tour, as opposed to going into the picture car area, the vehicles would go up to this area right here.

View attachment 18467

Back in the day, this was used as a halfway point for that of the Studio Tour, and offered relief when the Tour was in a different scope. It was listed for a future experience/attraction for the park when the Evolution Plan was given it's updated pitch in 2013; but due to the geography, you would need to make it a Studio Tour attraction.

Would be a quick turnaround to be sure, but they could absolutely do this and if they wanted; changing the studio tour route to have this be something experienced after Kong 360 or after the Lost World sequence.
Oh. Outside of a new DWT film which has a very slim chance of happening, I could see a 2025 addition happening here if they move fast. But they got to be quick or they will miss the window to have an attraction for 2025.