State of USH - What's Next? | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I recall looking at past USH attendance yearly estimates from decades ago. USH attendance seemed to increase, and then decrease/flatten, 'much more than other theme parks' when they added significant new attractions (shows/rides), and then went through a couple years with no major new attractions. Seems like that may be their identity due to a number of factors.
Idk. I heard we aren’t doing too well financially. But I mean… that could mean instead of 2 billion r we only make 1 billion this year lol

I also want to through out while maybe the park is down, filming has to be up with how much is going on

If USH is going to at least use the excuse we can't built more because of the studios then as long as the studio and parks are in the black then that's really all they can ask for at the current speed of adding attractions to the park

They had a good 1.5 years where they seemed to be breaking records but yeah it had to end at some point without something new and the next new is still over a year away. So while I'm sure upper people are somewhat upset because they always want to make more then before this is just how it is when you want to run both a studios and a park

Anyone else dislike how the security/main entrance music is constantly interrupted by the voiceover giving info for the park and how to get through security. I wish they would just play the music uninterrupted like how Disneyland does it for their esplanade.

Anyone else dislike how the security/main entrance music is constantly interrupted by the voiceover giving info for the park and how to get through security. I wish they would just play the music uninterrupted like how Disneyland does it for their esplanade.
They gotta give instructions some how

Because their security isn’t at the front, USH has ticket and customer service in the area too. Much more going on then where Disneyland is where it’s just the entrance.
Even past the security booths there’s another spiel that’s tells you how to go about your day. There’s a higher frequency security spiel before the metal detectors and a gate spiel before the finger print readers.

Well anyway, once the hotel is built they are moving where things are at....so yes it would be nice if they could just play music in front of the entrance

We will see but its been many years of talking over music at USH....since maybe when I was a kid in the 90s if not longer

Anyway

Last weekend felt Busier then the one before it, I think these next few weeks wont be packed but will not be as slow as other weeks have been seems some people are finally going on vacation before school starts

Mummy they were pushing Single rider int he later day but Jurassic's single rider was closed from what I could see most the day

Water World last show is busy but still plenty of seats open in the third section of the seating

Hogwarts castle was the same, its busy but you can still make it under 10 mins before a show and get a good spot

Also wanted to note Security really has been doing a good job at keep lines down low, right now I've not waited more then 5 mins to get in

Last note: Two things to know about the Popcorn buckets and getting Popcorn
1) You can't go out the bucket away and get popcorn, so have to carry it around all day to get more popcorn the receipt is not enough
2) Most popcorn places do not open before 11 AM and they do not have popcorn at the tram.

1) You can't go out the bucket away and get popcorn, so have to carry it around all day to get more popcorn the receipt is not enough
This is pretty normal right? You gotta have the bucket to get the refill -- otherwise you could (theoretically) walk around from popcorn cart to popcorn cart with the receipt to get a bunch of popcorns. Of course, having folks carry around popcorn buckets all days means you should have free ride lockers that can hold them.

This is pretty normal right? You gotta have the bucket to get the refill -- otherwise you could (theoretically) walk around from popcorn cart to popcorn cart with the receipt to get a bunch of popcorns. Of course, having folks carry around popcorn buckets all days means you should have free ride lockers that can hold them.
They just hand you a bag of popcorn. Most of the times now unless you want popcorn in the bucket they just hand you a bag or box for the food to not mess up the bucket.

Also a reminder that the Mummy Lockers can fit the new Popcorn bucket but not the Potter lockers (unless you pay)