State of USH - What's Next? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
just give me pokémon darn it
Pokémon or Zelda have to come after DK right?
Unless Luigi mansion film is coming out around then but really Pokémon or Zelda should be next because they both are pretty different from Mario worlds and have huge fan bases.
Pokémon especially has one of the biggest bases in the world and is the best selling IP ever

Pokémon or Zelda have to come after DK right?
Unless Luigi mansion film is coming out around then but really Pokémon or Zelda should be next because they both are pretty different from Mario worlds and have huge fan bases.
Pokémon especially has one of the biggest bases in the world and is the best selling IP ever
I’d assume Nintendo requires more attractions in their contract, although Pokémon is probably a seperate contract.

There’s really no reason for either company, including Universal, to not invest heavily in these. If Pokémon is taking over Spider-Man in Japan potentially, why not take over for Transformers in Hollywood?

I’d assume Nintendo requires more attractions in their contract, although Pokémon is probably a seperate contract.

There’s really no reason for either company, including Universal, to not invest heavily in these. If Pokémon is taking over Spider-Man in Japan potentially, why not take over for Transformers in Hollywood?
mainly because unless it’s taking over the land behind transformers or the mummy it’s a strange spot

but as long as Pokémon has power bands that let you capture and fight Pokémon in raids along with a ride then I’ll be pretty happy

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I believe the investment in the last evolution plan was between $1 and $1.3 Billion running 2013 to 2017? (correct me if wrong)

For that we got:
  • Minion Mayhem/Super Silly Fun Land
  • Brand new Entrance/Universal Plaza
  • Hoggsmead/Forbidden Journey
  • Springfield/Fast Food Boulevard
  • F&F Supercharged
  • ET Parking Lot
  • Extra escalator on the Starway
  • New Stages (6?)
Thats a substantial amount so can give us an idea of a $1 Billion Investment:
  • F&F Hollywood Drift
  • DKC
  • 8 remaining red sea stages(?)
  • Replacement for Super Charged
  • New Dreamworks film(?)
  • Something big opening just ahead of the Olympics

I believe the investment in the last evolution plan was between $1 and $1.3 Billion running 2013 to 2017? (correct me if wrong)

For that we got:
  • F&F Supercharged
  • ET Parking Lot
  • New Stages (6?)
1.6 billion was the amount they stated from what I can find, but that was also supposed to include two hotels. Hosgmeade was 500m, ET Parking Lot I'm guessing was somewhere between 50m-100m given how expensive parking structures are. I'm sure redoing the infrastructure in general was really pricy (hence the high cost for Hogsmeade), but now that's largely done with.

For that we got:
  • F&F Supercharged
  • ET Parking Lot
  • New Stages (6?)
Thats a substantial amount so can give us an idea of a $1 Billion Investment:
  • F&F Hollywood Drift
  • DKC
  • 8 remaining red sea stages(?)
  • Replacement for Super Charged
  • New Dreamworks film(?)
  • Something big opening just ahead of the Olympics
I imagine they’re going to be making more money than ever with Nintendo now, so the investments could be even more with the benefit of that as well as the Olympics coming.

I love the little flat ride in Silly Fun Land....but if they have to move it and retheme it to make another attraction work in that neck of the park I hope they do.

That ride could easily be added to a Pokemon or another Nintendoland rethemed and get 4 times the line...for no reason, lol

I would miss walking on it but hope they consider moving it if it means more attractions on the upper lot or even using that area for a Q of another coaster on the side of the hill

Can they do a lot with that space if it's on top of the parking structure? I personally think they should leave it for now, the park doesn't have enough things with no height restrictions and they have other places to expand to right now

Can they do a lot with that space if it's on top of the parking structure? I personally think they should leave it for now, the park doesn't have enough things with no height restrictions and they have other places to expand to right now
For Sure, but I hope if they did have an idea for that area whether it be a Q or part of ride along with french street then I hope they use it

And Comcast is clearly going all in on the parks right now. I'm pretty hopeful
I know a fanboy for these parks, but seeing their clear investment in Orlando and Hollywood, along with knowing their numbers are strong, I’ve lately truly begun to feel sky is the limit here for these parks. Not to be toooo over the top, but it’s how I feel at this point.

I wonder if there is a world ahead of us where we could walk around an entire world with AR (such as pokemon) and that's how we interact / catch them.. I'm guessing the most practical solution to this would be once AR has gone mainstream and apple has released their consumer product. At that point Universal could simply build an app for those glasses but a world where the glasses are substantially smaller, cheaper to produce, better FOV and could interact with an entire land untethered seems pretty exciting.

mainly because unless it’s taking over the land behind transformers or the mummy it’s a strange spot

but as long as Pokémon has power bands that let you capture and fight Pokémon in raids along with a ride then I’ll be pretty happy

but a side note.. How exciting is it also that based on current trajectory, it seems like USH has the potential to be the best singular park in Universal's portfolio. Sure we could argue EPIC or even Japan, heck IOA as well.. But it seems pretty hard at this point to argue with a park that has a working movie studio to visit, a top tier coaster, potter/nintendo, the best show in company and whatever else is still to come. Extremely well rounded and talk about the most incredible comeback / amazing use of small space.. Hollywood is on the rise and all of us west coasters finally get to have a park to be really really proud of.

I wonder if there is a world ahead of us where we could walk around an entire world with AR (such as pokemon) and that's how we interact / catch them.. I'm guessing the most practical solution to this would be once AR has gone mainstream and apple has released their consumer product. At that point Universal could simply build an app for those glasses but a world where the glasses are substantially smaller, cheaper to produce, better FOV and could interact with an entire land untethered seems pretty exciting.
AR could be cool

honestly with how many Pokemon there are now like I think around 800+, you could have a new one every day and it would be fresh unless you literally go everyday for like...2 years. lol

My hope would be for a ride, some interactive games and a Raid. Like first would be Mewtwo and then other Legendaries. The best part will be having a profile with your six favorite Pokemon and leveling them up to raid.

When you think of it by 2026 alone things could already become even more crazy

2 World Class Shows (Assuming Bourne's still on)
3 World Class E-Tickets (Forbidden Journey, Mario Kart, Hollywood Drift) alongside high technological and high budget experiences (Off The Leash, JW, DWT, & Minecart Madness)

Coupled with the Studio Tour as-well as other key and distinct attractions. The thing that'd really be missing at this point is a hotel or two for the sake of the park and studio alike.

When you think of it by 2026 alone things could already become even more crazy

2 World Class Shows (Assuming Bourne's still on)
3 World Class E-Tickets (Forbidden Journey, Mario Kart, Hollywood Drift) alongside high technological and high budget experiences (Off The Leash, JW, DWT, & Minecart Madness)

Coupled with the Studio Tour as-well as other key and distinct attractions. The thing that'd really be missing at this point is a hotel or two for the sake of the park and studio alike.
Here is the thing if they take out 4 sound stages and move falls lake/the tram. I'm much more down for hotel, my dislike of it before was they were just not using enough land for rides and lands....but if they do all this. I'm much more open to see what they do. Hell it could be difficult but maybe somehow combine the hotel with Citywalk to save even more space and have the hotel kinda on top of things like how DCA hotel is above parts of Down Town Disney

Reactions: joerodriguez
So Comcast's investor day came and went and nothing was announced about USH's road to 2028 and beyond. Looks like Universal Core was wrong again. (go figure) Maybe there is a chance it will be announced at SNW press day?

As I recall, I believe there's a Nintendo World media day going on today at USH, so perhaps there's still a chance of something getting announced later.

Reactions: Jerroddragon