State of USH - What's Next? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not, but they could totally add something that serves as a unique attraction for our Mario land themed portion of SNW. Perhaps our version of Villain Con with the Polter-gust instead being completely Luigi's mansion themed?
Maybe, but it's too early to drastically alter the layout of the land. It just opened. They'd have to relocate two minigames, the secondary exit, and put construction walls all around the crown jewel of the park. Just can't see it. I don't think they'll want Nintendo right up against the main pathway either.

Reactions: Freak
Maybe, but it's too early to drastically alter the layout of the land. It just opened. They'd have to relocate two minigames, the secondary exit, and put construction walls all around the crown jewel of the park. Just can't see it. I don't think they'll want Nintendo right up against the main pathway either.

I do, it would be simple to alter in terms of infrastructure, especially with DKC being connected to the land in the future. Though you’re right, no one, not even I, said this is happening anytime soon.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
For a while I though the current tram tour load and unload area would be going for upper lot expansion. But since they have installed wireless charging pads for the conversion to electric trams, I assume they are no longer going to relocate the tram station for upper lot expansion at least in the short term?

This feels really weird to say, but I think once Fast & Furious and DK open this might become my new favorite theme park in the US. Epic Universe will be super cool but Hogsmeade + Nintendo + Studio Tour + Cosmic Rewind ON A HILL might be too much to beat for me. They also got two rides with really good animatronics in Jurassic World and Secret Life of Pets, a good indoor family coaster in Mummy, I actually really like Minion Mayhem out in Florida, and Waterworld looks really great.

USH is in a crazy exciting spot right now. We’re looking at possibly 2 masterpiece lands of UC (DK and Diagon), a world class coaster, and a world class show coming in the next five years. Even if the Diagon thing doesn’t pan out and we get a different 2027 addition, this park will be superb. We’re basically seeing near-second gate level of additions happening over the course of 10 years to this park. It’s nice to see that the theme park community isn’t really sleeping on it anymore! We’re really getting a UC Greatest Hits album in this park

Hot take: I really don’t want Diagon Alley. Hey don’t get me wrong, it’s a spectacular land! Escape from Gringott’s is also pretty fun….I just don’t think it’s in USH’s best interests. I would love to see a new indoor coaster come to USH but preferably something brand new. DA just seems like a lot of space to commit to just one ride and a massive area. Gringott’s is also very screen heavy which is not what the park needs.

Hot take: I really don’t want Diagon Alley. Hey don’t get me wrong, it’s a spectacular land! Escape from Gringott’s is also pretty fun….I just don’t think it’s in USH’s best interests. I would love to see a new indoor coaster come to USH but preferably something brand new. DA just seems like a lot of space to commit to just one ride and a massive area. Gringott’s is also very screen heavy which is not what the park needs.
I also don’t really want Diagon in the way it appears at USF. But if they could add another ride to our park (and with falls lake they’d have the space) then I think it’d be solid. Would give us 3 rides in one go with the Hogwarts Express. I do hope there is room for one more exclusive attraction or at least something that sets one of our additions apart before 2028

Reactions: chris.g
I can't see Diagon coming to this park because of the sightline issue on the lower lot. You'd be able to see the hillside from the land and it would break the illusion. The Ministry of Magic attraction from Epic Universe makes a lot more sense.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I can't see Diagon coming to this park because of the sightline issue on the lower lot. You'd be able to see the hillside from the land and it would break the illusion. The Ministry of Magic attraction from Epic Universe makes a lot more sense.
Unless they do Diagon inside a show building.

I'd actually be more excited by a Monsters land but I get why Potter expansion would be a more financially sound investment.

Plus it will be much newer, most HP fans that have wanted to see the second land have but a "new land could be interesting and bring in more people so if we get more HP, I'd assume its Ministry of Magi area as well

But I honestly think USH will be prepping land for new rides but not know what ride will be going there until data from Fast and the Furious and see how 2 years of Super Nintendo looks

Plus it will be much newer, most HP fans that have wanted to see the second land have but a "new land could be interesting and bring in more people so if we get more HP, I'd assume its Ministry of Magi area as well

But I honestly think USH will be prepping land for new rides but not know what ride will be going there until data from Fast and the Furious and see how 2 years of Super Nintendo looks
I think they have an Evolution plan 2.0 marked out now, running up to 2028.
I'd imagine they know roughly what the park needs hence Fast being brought in. If thats the case I have faith that another show will be coming and the future is bright.

I just hope that any plans involve expanding walkways, reducing bottle necks and possibly another starway escalator route down to the LL- not the most exciting things but they make the experience better.

I think they have an Evolution plan 2.0 marked out now, running up to 2028.
I'd imagine they know roughly what the park needs hence Fast being brought in. If thats the case I have faith that another show will be coming and the future is bright.

I just hope that any plans involve expanding walkways, reducing bottle necks and possibly another starway escalator route down to the LL- not the most exciting things but they make the experience better.
Most likely at the very least they have plans up to 2026 but I just think if they wanted to they could change course on the rides planned for past 2026 if Data/profits are telling them the current plans need to change.

But with the rumors of them adding DK land and most likely more sound stages are coming down for sure the next 3-4 years are locked in now.

If we do get DA, I won't complain about getting it if it goes to Falls Lake. That's the only reasonable place to put it IMO. If we do get it, I hope they tweak it to where the 3D won't be necessary.
I am more in favor of Ministry of magic from EU coming instead if they want a bigger HP presence at USH. Diagon will be 14 years or older by the time they port it to USH. Could Ministry of magic also go in Falls Lake or would it replace the Simpsons and tram stop instead? And if more HP went into Falls Lake how would park guests access it? Maybe something like the train from USF?

I am more in favor of Ministry of magic from EU coming instead if they want a bigger HP presence at USH. Diagon will be 14 years or older by the time they port it to USH. Could Ministry of magic also go in Falls Lake or would it replace the Simpsons and tram stop instead? And if more HP went into Falls Lake how would park guests access it? Maybe something like the train from USF?

Hogwarts Express and a secondary entrance at the end of City Walk for guest that didn't want to take the train.

I'd be surprised if USH gets Diagon Alley at this point. I think the thing that we need to watch is the Harry Potter stuff at Epic Universe. Since the new ride there is using the same tech as Transformers, that ride could make a nice replacement for Transformers at USH. Freeing up more space for another SNW attraction.

Reactions: Freak and Magic-Man
Hogwarts Express and a secondary entrance at the end of City Walk for guest that didn't want to take the train.

I'd be surprised if USH gets Diagon Alley at this point. I think the thing that we need to watch is the Harry Potter stuff at Epic Universe. Since the new ride there is using the same tech as Transformers, that ride could make a nice replacement for Transformers at USH. Freeing up more space for another SNW attraction.
The Hogwarts express would go in the tram station. Unless they build this in the lower lot the express there is no other place they could put the express. But then I wonder what the theme of the ride that would replace the Simpsons could be. Maybe it will be something that they can get away with not tying to a IP based land. If FFB is rethemed to a NY theme they can build whatever they want in the Simpsons plot.

I think Transformers days are numbered, but not for SNW. I think it'll be something completely new to the park.

Lower Lot will probably look like this by 2028:
  • Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, Donkey Kong Minecart Madness)
  • Jurassic World (Jurassic World: The Ride)
  • London (Harry Potter and the Ministry of Magic)
  • Other (Transformers: The Ride 3D, Bourne Stuntacular)

I think Transformers days are numbered, but not for SNW. I think it'll be something completely new to the park.

Lower Lot will probably look like this by 2028:
  • Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge, Donkey Kong Minecart Madness)
  • Jurassic World (Jurassic World: The Ride)
  • London (Harry Potter and the Ministry of Magic)
  • Other (Transformers: The Ride 3D, Bourne Stuntacular)
I assume Mummy and the soundstages next to it will become the Ministry of Magic. Maybe they can put the Classic Monsters on the Upper lot either replacing Simpsons or Falls lake. If they did the latter option that would be quite fitting theme wise to have the village secluded from the main park.

I'm not against Potter second new land being not near the first one but I just don't see it in the lower lot. Especially if You could see the castle from the tram area/kinda Simpsons land. I'd just assume it will be on the right side of the park and not the lower lot.

But we are all speculating on things, also it really is a shame the location of the dreamworks theater would have been a perfect spot to ride the train attraction and here have it not move and just be a simulator. I know its a C ticket attraction but the little potter coaster gets to 60-110 mins at peak times so bet the train would be busy for how simple it is