State of USH - What's Next? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The soundstages that are visible from the tram have already been renumbered it seems. The Barham stages can't be too far from completion, right? Universal got to be very happy with the amount of productions choosing their lot

So! We've been waiting a bit and as they are beginning to relabel Soundstages ahead of the impending debut of Barham, it's finally happened for soundstage's.

For the Front Lot, the changes go as follows:

SS41, SS42 to be relabeled: SS15, SS16
SS43, SS44 to be relabeled: SS18, SS19
SS33 to SS36 to be relabeled as SS20, SS21, SS22, & SS23
SS37 to be relabeled SS24
SS16, SS17 to be relabeled: SS7/SS8
SS18-20 to be relabeled to SS9-SS11
SS21 to be relabeled: SS14
SS22 and SS23 to be relabeled as SS25 and SS26
SS's 24, 25, 26, and 27 to be relabeled as SS30, SS31, SS32, and SS33

SS29 will stay the same label. Barham's numbers will be SS40, SS41, SS42, SS43, SS44, SS45, SS46, and SS47 respectively. I am confident that the remaining stages leading to SS40 are the remaining stages to be built at the Red Sea.

The Studios Lot Map for 2022 has been released and it has imperfections; that I assume will be patched out next year when the Creative Campus opens, and if Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift begins in January.

So the Lot Map got updated once again.

Bits to know:
  • Jupiter's Claim is now properly represented on the lot map
  • SS29 will now be labeled as SS15 for the immediate future, we'll likely get the repaint (if it happens) once HHN concludes and they strike down both Killer Klowns and The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmares.
  • P526 (Super Nintendo World) is back to being a box in the map

Front Lot/Lower Lot:
1664721766975.png

Jupiter's Claim:
1664721854907.png

Last but not least, Barham Stages seem to now be properly labeled and represented on the lot map:
1664721906826.png

And now, I guess we can do the proper list until change occurs on the front lot with the Campus next year (or if work begins on the remaining Red Sea stages that need to be constructed for LA2028).

Barham:
Soundstages 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, and 47
Red Sea:
Soundstages 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34 (Former S747)
Metro:
Soundstages 25 & 26
Front Lot Cluster to the right & behind of Transformers:
Soundstages 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
To the left of Super Nintendo World:
Soundstages 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12

I can't seem to find Soundstages 2 and 13; so I don't know what's going on in that.

So not too long ago there was talk of the DreamWorks Theatre getting a new show. The idea was the attraction was going to go down late September and reopen in November with a new show. It is now October and the DWT still appears to be open with Kung Fu Panda. Does anyone have intel on whether or not this new show was delayed or cancelled? Or maybe they got the dates wrong and DWT is going down later this month for a new show. After all over a month (late September to mid November) seems like a long time to swap out the media.

Seems like the show change rumors were just… rumors. Starting to accept that this show will be sticking around for a few more years.
I'd give it 2 to 3 more years then. Would be curious what they would do next. HTTYD maybe? with EU rumored to have a HTTYD land, maybe they could a HTTYD show in late 2024-early 2025.

Sadly it makes sense to why its not happening. It should have happened in the summer to give them a new attraction for this year...but with Nintendoland within 4 months of soft opening they don't need a new attraction.
While HTTYD will be what it is....if it was a new attraction for this year then I'd love to see Bad Guys or Puss get it because...you can literally change if out if it's not getting lines

So I am not sure if this is something that should be saved for it's own thread, but given P409's existance and what it could potentially mean...

Shows aren't Universal, huh.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Jesus, this article is ten years old. Anyways...

Even if we were to humor the rumor, wouldn't we be getting inklings on this from other groups? People that, actually look into the matter on not only the entertainment level; but also in housings and the local sect?

If NBCUniversal ever expands their park & studio presence in CA, I highly doubt it'd even be here at Lakeside.

Reactions: Cygnus
Wow, the good ol’ golf course rumor. It’s been many years since I’ve last heard that. The People Mover rumor made its comeback so I guess it’s now the golf course’s turn to come back to tease us.

Eh, I’ll believe it when I see actual construction happening. Being that this is right up against a very, VERY wealthy area, I really don’t see that happening. The neighbors would not be thrilled about a major theme park moving in right there. You realize how much traffic that would cause?

I could POSSIBLY see more of the studio move over there and use the old studio space for the theme park. A working movie studio wouldn’t create anywhere near as much noise as a theme park.