Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

State of USH - What's Next?

Something I think people aren't considering - I think Springfield stays even after The Simpsons Ride goes. It's a ticking time bomb as far as its infrastructure goes.
Can't they just reskin Springfield? I was always under the impression that what was going to happen. But how is that infrastructure preventing that from happening exactly?

Can't they just reskin Springfield? I was always under the impression that what was going to happen. But how is that infrastructure preventing that from happening exactly?
The entirety of The Simpsons Ride, Kwik-E-Mart, and the boardwalk games are elevated on the plaza level; and have sustained a lot of eroding and grading damage. Unlike Orlando, Hollywood is admittedly a genuine safety matter that I have repeatedly heard debate and discussion on whether or not something will happen due to that.

Fun fact, when you are downstairs of the attraction waiting for ADA shuttle, you can see portions of the plaza pathways there.

The entirety of The Simpsons Ride, Kwik-E-Mart, and the boardwalk games are elevated on the plaza level; and have sustained a lot of eroding and grading damage. Unlike Orlando, Hollywood is admittedly a genuine safety matter that I have repeatedly heard debate and discussion on whether or not something will happen due to that.

Fun fact, when you are downstairs of the attraction waiting for ADA shuttle, you can see portions of the plaza pathways there.
I Have heard the Simpsons Ride building had foundational damage. I actually though @Clive was referring to the Fast Food Boulevard. When the Simpsons Ride gets replaced how will Universal design to replacement ride show building so it does not erode or have damage occur to the grading? Forbidden Journey is built over a hill so maybe they will design the hypothetical new building that way?

I Have heard the Simpsons Ride building had foundational damage. I actually though @Clive was referring to the Fast Food Boulevard. When the Simpsons Ride gets replaced how will Universal design to replacement ride show building so it does not erode or have damage occur to the grading? Forbidden Journey is built over a hill so maybe they will design the hypothetical new building that way?

The way it's build--FFB is designed, constructed and made far away from the concourse (I guess that makes more sense) of Springfield when it was constructed; as it not only acts for FFB on cooking and food prep, but also for Three Broomsticks. I don't know how the restrooms were, as they were designed and made in 2012-2013; but I have to imagine that's been reinforced.

Duff Gardens, P.Q.Butterfats, Luigis, and Sud's should get reinforcement and upgrades with the construction of Hollywood Drift in the term of it's grading. In the leaked art, they also have backup plans if things fall with the IP, preserving the food locations to be simply rethemed if that time comes.

__

But to piggyback; I genuinely think there is a real scenario to where Hollywood might actually keep The Simpsons. Doesn't hurt Disneyland Resort, promotes the IP as Fox/Disney continue to invest into it with the multi-seasonal rollout of the show, and merchandise wise I am willing to bet Disney and Universal are happy with it. Plus, the brand itself isn't hurt (Even if it is on the older side).

It feels like a unique situation for Hollywood IMO due to how baked in Springfield is to the core infastructural design of the Upper Lot, due to the Three Broomsticks connection and how it's gonna get boxed in by Hollywood Drift. Add in the infastructural overhauls that could require things to happen sooner.

If TWDC and NBCUniversal can come together and tackle overhauling The Incredible Hulk and allowing Universal Creative to give it a fresh leash on life; I actually think Hollywood may be a possible contender due to the infastructure of the area and how much change is already going to be needed with Hollywood Drift.

Last edited:
The way it's build--FFB is designed, constructed and made far away from the concourse (I guess that makes more sense) of Springfield when it was constructed; as it not only acts for FFB on cooking and food prep, but also for Three Broomsticks. I don't know how the restrooms were, as they were designed and made in 2012-2013; but I have to imagine that's been reinforced.

Duff Gardens, P.Q.Butterfats, Luigis, and Sud's should get reinforcement and upgrades with the construction of Hollywood Drift in the term of it's grading. In the leaked art, they also have backup plans if things fall with the IP, preserving the food locations to be simply rethemed if that time comes.

__

But to piggyback; I genuinely think there is a real scenario to where Hollywood might actually keep The Simpsons. Doesn't hurt Disneyland Resort, promotes the IP as Fox/Disney continue to invest into it with the multi-seasonal rollout of the show, and merchandise wise I am willing to bet Disney and Universal are happy with it. Plus, the brand itself isn't hurt (Even if it is on the older side).

It feels like a unique situation for Hollywood IMO due to how baked in Springfield is to the core infastructural design of the Upper Lot, due to the Three Broomsticks connection and how it's gonna get boxed in by Hollywood Drift. Add in the infastructural overhauls that could require things to happen sooner.

If TWDC and NBCUniversal can come together and tackle overhauling The Incredible Hulk and allowing Universal Creative to give it a fresh leash on life; I actually think Hollywood may be a possible contender due to the infastructure of the area and how much change is already going to be needed with Hollywood Drift.
Only time will tell if the Simpsons stays. But the in latter situation where you drew a parallel to the Hulk overhaul, to clarify you are implying that The Simpsons IP will still stay at Hollywood for the long term in ride/attraction form even if the current ride building comes down? Once that building comes down I always though it was going to be replaced with a whole new ride and IP. Simpsons will be 20 years old in just 5 years from now (dang I feel old) and I simply feel by that point it's time to move on and do something new. Another factor to the Simpsons future at the Universal parks Specifically Hollywood could be the rumored NBCUniversal Warner Bros Discovery merger. If NBCU gets WBD I would imagine that NBCU wants to use their newly acquired WB IP in the Universal parks if they find one that is suitable for park usage. Part of me thinks if Simpsons were to get the boot from the Universal parks the Simpsons replacement at USH could be a WB IP. Maybe that can use the Simpsons plot for a Scooby Doo or Hanna Barbara MMRR or TSMM style attraction. I know SCOOB did very well in digital sales and that was said to kick start a Hanna Barbara Cinematic Universe. Hanna Barbara is not popular enough to justify a whole land to it but a single ride in the style of MMRR or TSMM could fill a nice purpose as a family attraction. Or they could use some other IP. But as I said only time will tell.

Only time will tell if the Simpsons stays. But the in latter situation where you drew a parallel to the Hulk overhaul, to clarify you are implying that The Simpsons IP will still stay at Hollywood for the long term in ride/attraction form even if the current ride building comes down?

Echoing @Freak--if I was Universal and Disney, I actually think fighting to keep the IP in the park and to let the merchandising agreements stay as they are makes a lot of sense for Hollywood. I also think we need to acknowledge that Disney wouldn't be able to do *anything* with The Simpsons in the current capacity for atleast Disneyland Resort.

The UC teams made the defacto Springifled USA, and there really isn't anywhere WDI could go that'd expand on it outside of doing something much smaller in scale.

I will be shocked if they throw money into keeping the Simpsons Ride around.

And I agree. But I think if they're smart and if they are wanting to fight for keeping The Simpsons--then replacing The Simpsons Ride with something specific and exclusive to the park like how Pets is could be a major win.

And I agree. But I think if they're smart and if they are wanting to fight for keeping The Simpsons--then replacing The Simpsons Ride with something specific and exclusive to the park like how Pets is could be a major win.
The thing is, what other ride could they put in there that’s not a simulator? They could do a new Simpsons ride that would be a dark ride or a roller coaster, but how would that be marketable? I personally think they would be better off to anchor the area with a brand-new ride replacing the Simpsons ride from the ground up and reskin the restaurants into something else than to just build a new Simpsons ride.

Tearing down the current Simpsons Ride for a new different kind of Simpsons Ride would be a head-scratcher for the GP, especially since they aren’t really aware of the ride’s condition. It would be like they tore down Monsters Inc at DCA only to build a clone of the Monsters Inc ride in Tokyo. Better ride? Sure, but it would be weird for the GP to take in as they literally could’ve built anything else in that spot.

Personally, I think when the contract is up, all of the Simpsons is going. Best case scenario Springfield will stay. I just do not see another Simpsons Ride. I doubt the GP is going to jump up and down for another Simpsons ride.

I said it several times before and I’ll say it again: the best solution is Springfield > Generic LA street. It makes sense with F&F being right there. The area theme is broad enough that can allow anything to be plopped where Simpsons Ride is.

Echoing @Freak--if I was Universal and Disney, I actually think fighting to keep the IP in the park and to let the merchandising agreements stay as they are makes a lot of sense for Hollywood. I also think we need to acknowledge that Disney wouldn't be able to do *anything* with The Simpsons in the current capacity for atleast Disneyland Resort.

The UC teams made the defacto Springifled USA, and there really isn't anywhere WDI could go that'd expand on it outside of doing something much smaller in scale.

If they were to do another Simpsons ride, (I would personally prefer if they move on and do something new) they should make it more akin to MMRR.

The thing is, what other ride could they put in there that’s not a simulator? They could do a new Simpsons ride that would be a dark ride or a roller coaster, but how would that be marketable? I personally think they would be better off to anchor the area with a brand-new ride replacing the Simpsons ride from the ground up and reskin the restaurants into something else than to just build a new Simpsons ride.

Tearing down the current Simpsons Ride for a new different kind of Simpsons Ride would be a head-scratcher for the GP, especially since they aren’t really aware of the ride’s condition. It would be like they tore down Monsters Inc at DCA only to build a clone of the Monsters Inc ride in Tokyo. Better ride? Sure, but it would be weird for the GP to take in as they literally could’ve built anything else in that spot.

Personally, I think when the contract is up, all of the Simpsons is going. Best case scenario Springfield will stay. I just do not see another Simpsons Ride. I doubt the GP is going to jump up and down for another Simpsons ride.

I said it several times before and I’ll say it again: the best solution is Springfield > Generic LA street. It makes sense with F&F being right there. The area theme is broad enough that can allow anything to be plopped where Simpsons Ride is.
I agree with you. Aside from a simulator, I've mentioned a ride that is on par size wise or slightly bigger (if they use the hill on the condition the tram stop is rerouted to the lower lot) with Midway Mania or Web Singers. Would that type of attraction fit in and be ideal for The Simpsons Ride plot?

A Mario popcorn bucket stand, obviously
LOL that would be a massive waste of space. But I do think we will start to hear rumors trickle out about USH's Simpsons replacement around late 2024- early to mid 2025. The contract is up in 2028 which is the same year as the olympics and USH would not want any part of the park walled off during that time. I am making a bet Simpsons goes down in 2026 after DK opens and the park can afford to lose a ride due to all the tourists flocking to the lower lot for SNW and DK. And if they move fast they can get the replacement attraction open in 2028 right in time for the Olympics. I imagine Universal wants to have a new attraction in 2028 when the park will be slammed.

*remembers that they have a specific layout for the main USH hotel in mind that isn't near what Core is saying like*
View attachment 18451

Also, we will never forget Fum Lungs. Never.

View attachment 18452

View attachment 18453
Universal Core also claims there is a media event coming up soon where the new hotel, name change, and attractions coming through 2028 will be announced, yet gives no date of when that will be. However another twitter theme park user Cygnus says to have seen a few months back a listing on a creatives Linkedin page for a project named USH. Maybe this will be announced closer to 2028?