Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stitch's Great Escape Now Seasonal

Maybe they'll do it like a puppet and you go into the theater for an improvised show, like Crush.

I'm really hoping it's not just meeting Stitch in one of the preshow halls.

Isn't there a chance that's just a temporary sign and they just pop it off during peak periods when they reopen the attraction? I can't imagine them doing anything more elaborate than just having a character photo-op in that first waiting room.

:thumbsdown:

The attraction is bad, good riddance. I bet they got guest satisfaction numbers so bad again they finally pulled the trigger.

Maybe they'll do it like a puppet and you go into the theater for an improvised show, like Crush.

I'm really hoping it's not just meeting Stitch in one of the preshow halls.

$10 it's just Stitch in the first room with a PhotoPass person.

The attraction is bad, good riddance. I bet they got guest satisfaction numbers so bad again they finally pulled the trigger.

$10 it's just Stitch in the first room with a PhotoPass person.

Wait, so they didn't convert that animatronic Stitch to be used for a M&G?

I'm not expecting it to remain a Stitch Meet and Greet forever. There's a good deal of space there, and to just relegate it to a character meet and greet would be a waste. I say bring back the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center theming and work it into whatever ride/show replaces it.

I'm hoping that this M&G could be Disney's version of Raptor Encounter using the Stitch AA. I know it won't happen. It's just a nice pipe dream.

Unpopular opinion, but I rode Stitch's Great Escape a couple years ago when I was last at the park. It wasn't a great ride, but it seemed better than the scathing reviews everybody gives it. It was different. You sat in a circle theater and watched an AA. There's no other ride that has such a different setup and it was refreshing.

I'm hoping that this M&G could be Disney's version of Raptor Encounter using the Stitch AA. I know it won't happen. It's just a nice pipe dream.

Unpopular opinion, but I rode Stitch's Great Escape a couple years ago when I was last at the park. It wasn't a great ride, but it seemed better than the scathing reviews everybody gives it. It was different. You sat in a circle theater and watched an AA. There's no other ride that has such a different setup and it was refreshing.

It felt more like a show than a ride to me.

Really? Disney fans call it a thrill ride that is way too intense for humans. Then again they can't drink milk because it too spicy.
Nah.

Tourists are to blame for this one (the change from AE to SGE). I've met A LOT of dusters when I was on the DCP and even they think Stitch sucks.

I kind of had a feeling this day would come, just because of all the seasonal silliness. It was just a matter of time since they started doing that. It was a cool ride, but it would be even cooler to see a new one be put in its place. But I suppose for now, the character meet and greet will have to do. We all know that Disney likes to do things in their own time, haha.

~Corey Mathery

I think they should do something there were you go to the moon. I’m not sure how they can do it. Maybe with screens. The circular theater would be perfect for something like that.

I still maintain that the Stitch AA - when in its prime - was worth the proverbial price of admission. I won't miss the attraction, but I'll miss that AA, and I certainly won't be pleased to see a meet-and-great taking over for an indefinite amount of time...

... because M&Gs are not attractions, despite what Disney wants us to believe.