Stranger Things (HHN 32) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We did this one maybe 8 times, loved it, and caught tons of good scares. We had one run in particular that was lacking, but the other two that night were fantastic. Probably our favorite house overall after deadliest deal but we rewatched season 4 right before coming.

Plenty of characters, good scene selection, and decent scares.

Our criticisms:

-Running up that hill was sometimes inaudible. It was only really good volume on maybe 3 runs.
-sometimes there were characters missing but this was a problem in ALL the houses.
-master of puppets scene varied dramatically. Sunday the actors were really animated and all over the place, but it seemed like the energy waned as the week went on. By Thursday they just did the same boring interaction with each other every time we saw them. On Wednesday I think we were throwing horned hands and yelling “most metal ever!” And they got all excited and did it back to us and jumped around. Thursday it was like they got a memo from corporate and stuck to the exact same boring shtick all 3 times we went through.
-11 mannequin scene is just a waste of time and space. Should have put a scare there- ANY scare. And it was a terrible mannequin, like something they stole from American eagle.

Chucky is better than this
Think No Way GIF by chelsiekenyon

The thing about this house is...yeah I have some criticisms with it, but then I'll do the house again and love it. For me, this house does have some of cheap stuff, but I just love and appreciate having this at the event a lot. A little biased for being a fan, but objectively speaking, this is a fun house, and I appreciate even more having the Eddie and dustin scene with Metallica playing, and running up the hill playing when you leave is such a nice touch. It is no where near my favorite house of all time somewhere around the 8.0-8.5/10 for me. But that 11 mannequin... yikes, was getting flashbacks to 2019

1695646368432.jpeg

House looks cheap, Vecna is boring, and they couldn't even get the one scene everybody was egging for right.
Uh Oh Oops GIF by Boomerang Official

I think like any house it depends on your run and how populated the house is. We had 8 ST runs, absolutely loved 7 of them. We had multiple great vecna scares every time. Our 1 so-so run we had almost no scares from anyone.

Only thing we didn’t like was the low volume of running up that hill. Late on Thursday the music was notably louder and it made the scene so much better. Also, if you get max but no Lucas, it diminishes the scene a little bit. Most of the time we got Lucas and it completed it.

Only thing we thought was cheap was the 11 mannequin. Really crappy work on that scene.

Reactions: DonnieBoy
I get and agree with a lot of the criticisms here, but there are plenty of characters from the show. Two Maxes, Lucas, three Eddie’s, Steve, Dustin, Robin, two 001’s, two Elevens…
I agree with the criticism that there are not a lot of characters from the show. Went through 3xs the last 2 nights and never seen a Max. While I did see the rest of the characters you mention, there were still so many missing and the ones that were there were limited. Running up the hill is completely inaudible , why pay for the rights of a song and not have it pumping out. Just feel like the house was a complete miss. Maybe Netflix limits what they can do.

I agree with the criticism that there are not a lot of characters from the show. Went through 3xs the last 2 nights and never seen a Max. While I did see the rest of the characters you mention, there were still so many missing and the ones that were there were limited. Running up the hill is completely inaudible , why pay for the rights of a song and not have it pumping out. Just feel like the house was a complete miss. Maybe Netflix limits what they can do.
My strong suspicion is sound bleeding. A common occurrence is hearing dialog lines on repeat one or 2 rooms away in some houses.

While instrumental music can sort of mesh and fade away, you could probably hear Kate Bush in 50% of the house if they cranked it up

My strong suspicion is sound bleeding. A common occurrence is hearing dialog lines on repeat one or 2 rooms away in some houses.

While instrumental music can sort of mesh and fade away, you could probably hear Kate Bush in 50% of the house if they cranked it up

Wow, never even realized that was a thing. Thanks for adding that!

Got 4 runs of ST. I liked it a lot, but it's toward the bottom of my ranking.

The scene in Eddie's trailer with the upside down Dustin was one of the coolest effects I've seen in a house.

Here's the thing though.. what is the Max escaping scene? We did this 4 times and there's no scene where I'd even call it that lol.

Got 4 runs of ST. I liked it a lot, but it's toward the bottom of my ranking.

The scene in Eddie's trailer with the upside down Dustin was one of the coolest effects I've seen in a house.

Here's the thing though.. what is the Max escaping scene? We did this 4 times and there's no scene where I'd even call it that lol.

It's open to each owns interpretation, but I would liken it to be we are Max escaping as we are attacked by the two Vecnas (not sure how the first Demogorgon fit into the first scare of the scene, but as we are following that path toward the projected scene of her levitating. Especially entering where the bodies of Chrissy and the nerdy kid are tethered to the posts.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
There were definitely a few issues here, such as the whiff of having Running Up that Hill playing so softly at the end of the Mind Lair, and the general lack of scale besides the Mind Lair. However, as my first house of my trip, I was so unbelievably happy to be caught right between Eleven and One as they fought in the lab, flooding with fog. Not a home run, but probably my favorite house where it's like "sure this wasn't supposed to be THAT scary but that was so cool to walk through"