Stranger Things | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The show was filming up until late June/Early July so i'm thinking that we're going to see a Spring 2022 timeline, but if they really push it, they could get it out for the Holidays. Think around when The Witcher was released, right before Christmas.

The show was filming up until late June/Early July so i'm thinking that we're going to see a Spring 2022 timeline, but if they really push it, they could get it out for the Holidays. Think around when The Witcher was released, right before Christmas.

Could it be possible for a Fear Street/Money Heist/Ozark situation; to where it's split up?

Could it be possible for a Fear Street/Money Heist/Ozark situation; to where it's split up?
It could come in two parts I guess... 4 episodes at once or something like that. The first half of the season was done before May, so they've probably been doing post-production work on the first half of the season as the back half was still in filming. So it's very possible, I guess.

Season 3's release (for that matter, the "Russia" teaser) feels like a damn lifetime ago. I hope the show doesn't go on for too many more seasons. Five is a good round number.

Coming soon: Stranger Things... About Mid-Life Crises. In this episode, Dustin buys a red Ferrari and draws the ire of his family because he didn't tell them.

That said, I do love this show. :grin: :cheers:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
So, there's been some interesting tidbits about the upcoming season:
  • Volume 1 (releasing this Friday) will consist of the first 7 episodes, with Volume 2 being the remaining two episodes in July
  • The biggest shocker is that the episodes will be averaging approximately 75 minutes. The finale in particular is apparently going to be two and a half hours long!

• Volume 1 (releasing this Friday) will consist of the first 7 episodes, with Volume 2 being the remaining two episodes in July
  • The biggest shocker is that the episodes will be averaging approximately 75 minutes. The finale in particular is apparently going to be two and a half hours long!

It's going to be a packed weekend with this, OBI-WAN KENOBI, and TOP GUN.

Reactions: SeventyOne

How massive will the final season be? :eek:O:

So going with an Episode by Episode basis:

Episode One was freaking fantastic. The best opener for the show so-far; with an incredibly well tuned sense of pacing. Sets up the initial threads early on, while showing us how the characters are doing and the looming threat to come.

Can't wait to watch Episode Two on Monday.

Reactions: belloq87
Season four has been awesome. I finished Vol. 1 up yesterday and am already dying for July to get those final two episodes. Even though the episodes are all much longer, the pacing felt great save for the Russia-related stuff (no spoilers) dragging a bit.

Episode 4 is easily my standout episode—that last 10-15 minutes in particular is probably my favorite stretch of the show to date. So well done. (Plus, this season’s villain… *chef’s kiss*)

Oddly enough, watching this season, especially with it Elm Street vibes, has me lamenting the property might be done at HHN, because there’s a lot of great stuff for a house here (that grandfather clock alone!)

It was Stranger Things. I found myself solely interested in the Hawkins story. Everything else (especially Hopper) felt like unnecessary padding. I understand why the California story is needed, it just wasn’t that interesting.

The Duffer Brothers took a lot of notes from the Mike Flanagan School of Monologues and Naval Gazing. That and the editing made almost all of the episodes feel like they could have been 15-20 minutes shorter without sacrificing any character development or plot.

Last edited:
Binged it Friday-Saturday. Best since the first season. No major spoilers but after the casual spoilers in the Obi Wan thread, being overly cautious:

The Good
* As always, perfectly captures the 80s. Beyond the fashion and product placement, this feels like it was made in the 80s, just with amazing special effects.

* Turned the horror up to 11. If S1 was Spielberg and S2 was John Hughes, this was Stephen King's tribute season. Not sure the genre has ever been done this well on TV before. As mentioned in the HHN thread, shame if don't get to see this, could've been an awesome house.

* The adult actors are pretty uniformly good.

The Bad
* Way too damn long. Felt like trying to game the system to gain more watch minutes. Every episode could've been trimmed down. Also at least two subplots needed to be cut. While the Hopper one got fun (in a very 80s way), I'd have kept him dead a season, streamlined his return in 5. And the Suzy subplot makes zero sense, seemed to exist mostly to show off her Goonies-inspired family, but ultimately nothing to do with the main plot or themes of the show. Purely a sidequest to give the characters something to do.

* This isn't Potter--with the exception of Max, the precious child actors have not aged into decent actors. Mike and Will are basically charisma vaccuums. Dustin's schtick was cute when he was a kid, not at all believable for a high school freshman. When they don't have other actors to carry a scene, it's ugly.

I enjoyed the season overall, but not sure this needs another extended season after the next two episodes.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87 and Nico