Street Shows | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Street Shows

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Awwww that's unfortunate. Maybe it has to do with the amount of traffic that area will now get due to DM and SSFL that there won't be room for guests to stop and watch the show?
You've probably hit on one of the factors. I don't think crowding around the stage would be a problem, as the International Market is distant enough from SSFL. But from an operational standpoint, the expected crowds around MM and SSFL would definitely be a factor as the Can-Cans made their entrance/exit riding Vespas down Baker Street to French Street. Actually, I'm not sure how they did that once the construction wall by Mulligan's Pub. But yes, I'm sure the expected crowds in that area must have been a consideration. Navigating the Vespas through that area would have been difficult.

I'm still hoping they introduce some form of street entertainment themed to Despicable Me though. It seems like a logical move. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: darrengr18
Today (Sunday, March 2) I stopped outside of the International Market during the Can-Can post-show photo op to ask why there was only one dancer there today. It turns out, the Can-Can show closed today. And this isn't a temporary situation like Waterworld going down a month for updates. The dancer and Gendarme both said it was done after today. While the show was never a high priority during my park visits, it was always nice to know there was some street entertainment on French Street. It was a short, high-energy show and I hope something gets added to that side of the Upper Lot when Minion Mayhem opens. That side of the park has been pretty empty since T2-3D closed.
That's a shame. People seemed to like the show, but I have to admit, hearing that show in conjunction with Grinchmas made for a pretty interesting experience.

As William posted in the "Universal Plaza" thread, there is a new Fast and Furious show in the Plaza called "Pit Crew." There are 5 female dancers who perform a hip hop-type routine. At one point, they choose an audience member to join a short bit with them. But that's not all, TapWorx made the short move from New York Street to the Universal Plaza with a new show, "Furious Beat." As the name suggests, it is also in support of Fast and Furious. With the opening of Fast and Furious: Supercharged just a couple weeks ago, Universal is going all-in to support this mega-franchise. The timing seems a little weird since Furious 7 opened a couple months ago, but I feel this franchise will be around for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William