Streetmosphere | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Streetmosphere

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
this was from my most recent trip last week saw Popeye and doc brown in hollywood would have loved to see the MIB guys though that would have made my day!

Scoot chasing Marilyn with Doc up front

DSCN0067_zpsad37a7e3.jpg

I had the best run-in with Doc Brown in Hollywood. He was INCREDIBLY funny and in character. I can definitely tell they've stepped up the character interactions.

This doc brown asked me where I was from (Miami) and asked if we had driven up the Turnpike to which he followed by asking how fast we were going. once i said 88 mph he just started screaming at loud as hell it even scared some people around us. best doc brown period just wish he had his bike!

Is the scooby gang ever out? I think I recall that Universal doesn't have the rights to them so hats why they are never out. But not certain if that's true or not. But I don't think in all the years I have been going to universal I have ever seen Fred, Velma or Daphne.

Is the scooby gang ever out? I think I recall that Universal doesn't have the rights to them so hats why they are never out. But not certain if that's true or not. But I don't think in all the years I have been going to universal I have ever seen Fred, Velma or Daphne.
Universal has the rights and the costumes, but I don't know the last time they were used.
On a somewhat related note: the Mystery Machine is returning to use today!

I got on the phone with a Cassowary friend of mine in Queensland last night and found out a bit of history on the MIB dudes. Apparently they were brought in as distraction/entertainment from Transformers construction, however, they proved so popular that management decided to keep them on. Apparently, their budget may have come from elsewhere in the resort, however, my Cassowary buddy could not, would not, shall not, doughnut, and clam chowder, elaborate.

Cassowaries can be so darned mystical.

what? did it get hit by a freaking bus?
Just like any kind of machine. A small piece breaks, you fix it so it's almost as good. Another piece breaks, you fix it so it's almost as good. Eventually, all those "almost"s add up to "not nearly".
Allegedly, a brand new bike has been designed and was supposed to be constructed and delivered, but this was months ago and it hasn't surfaced. Hopefully they were just waiting for money to clear up in the budget, but, you know how things are. Fun accessories like that will always be prioritized lower than the necessities, so who knows if and when you'll see Doc riding around again.
I'm just glad Popeye and Olive Oyl have their bike still.
Also, the all-new Mystery Machine is a total shaggin' wagon. The inside is all fur and pillows and there's even a small hammock. I highly suggest anyone check it out if they have the opportunity.

I got on the phone with a Cassowary friend of mine in Queensland last night and found out a bit of history on the MIB dudes. Apparently they were brought in as distraction/entertainment from Transformers construction, however, they proved so popular that management decided to keep them on. Apparently, their budget may have come from elsewhere in the resort, however, my Cassowary buddy could not, would not, shall not, doughnut, and clam chowder, elaborate.

Cassowaries can be so darned mystical.

Did they go away at some point and come back during Transformers construction? I ask because I distinctly remember the Men In Black agents cruising around the park in their Ford long before Transformers was even a glint in Mark Woodbury's eye.

-Andy