Studio Tour | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Love the new directory! Fits so well, and in general that wall was so bland.

Love that they're refurbishing Flash Flood and Amity.

I'd love it if all the tour animations received some updated effects!

Old Mexico isn't going to look so old after all this refurbishing.

StudioTour_092615_1.jpg

Tram redirected while the road is blocked.

StudioTour_092615_2.jpg

Dirt on Six Points Texas means no trams allowed.

StudioTour_092615_3.jpg

Extensive repairs continue at Amity/Cabot Cove.

StudioTour_092615_4.jpg

Still a place at Falls Lake.

StudioTour_092615_5.jpg

Still a PLANE at Falls Lake.  Sorry.

The Amity buildings are looking really good once their new roofs are done.  I think this area will look noticeable improved when it's done.  Cottages (not pictured) are cleaned and fixed up, too.  Poor George the diver isn't going to get to see any of it, though.

StudioTour_102515_1.jpg

They're still shooting whatever it is that the plane is for.  Got this shot because Supercharged was so backed up that we couldn't get all the way out of War of the Worlds set.  We were stuck so long that tour guide Robert broke out a Whoopi video about Falls Lake.  I rather enjoyed it.

StudioTour_102515_3.jpg

StudioTour_102515_2.jpg

While not technically part of the studio tour this view of the new parking structure certainly is.  Camoflague is nearly done and those large trees that have been sitting nearby are finally getting planted.  Soon you--and more importantly the neighbors--won't even notice the enormous structure there. 

StudioTour_102515_4.jpg

Issues on the studio tour today.  First one of the monitor wasn't working and the system had to be restarted before we even left the loading area.  Then all of the Metro sets were closed.  King Kong glitched just as the audio started and video never did.  The doors opened right away and out we went.  Was odd seeing the old Fast and Furious doors open (below).  Little Europe was closed for refurbishing and Earthquake was closed.  Amity Island/Cabot Cove looks better and better as refresh continues.  Colonial Street/Wisteria Lane was closed.  There's drainage work and landscaping happening around the expanded warehouse (below).  Falls Lake is full of water and there are tons of trailers there shooting whatever feature has the plane fuselage in the water.  The parking structure has its camouflage on (below).

StudioTour_110715_1.jpg

StudioTour_110715_2.jpg
StudioTour_110715_3.jpg

StudioTour_110715_4.jpg

ParkingStructure_110715_6.jpg

Whiiiich I experienced tonight. Shortest Studio Tour I've ever done. And it was almost entirely pitch black. Earthquake didn't work, we didn't pass old mexico, 6 points, little Europe, or the metro sets, and one of Kong's projectors looks totally fried.

And yet....still more fun than anything else :p

^ I know, just was commenting that I almost had the same experience on the tour as JPLA.

I was disappointed with the tour guide though. He was rushing through everything like he was on a timed test, and barely played any clips except when we paused due to filming.

Little Europe is looking really good.  I feel like they're fixing all the decrepit and dilapidated areas like they've done with Flash Flood and Amity. 

LittleEurope_112215_1.jpg

Plane is still there but the crush of trailers that surrounded it recently are gone so I think shooting is done, at least for actors.

StudioTour_112215_1.jpg

The new parking structure is sufficiently disguised and the big trees will fill in nicely over time.  But what do you think will happen with the metal fence with green tarps on it?  It looks so temporary and unthemed compared to what's in front of it and what's behind it.  Thoughts?  Suspicions?  Info?

At the studio tour exit they're added these nice uplights under the magnolia trees.  I'm wondering about that painted wooden fence behind the trees that separates the Studio Tour entrance from Hogsmeade.  It looks very temporary and unthemed, too.  The Hogsmeade side isn't even painted so it can't be final.  What will eventually separate these lands?

StudioTour_112215_3.jpg

Sorry, got a little out of order.

StudioTour_112215_2.jpg

I wish it was permanent, or at least semi permanent in terms of keeping the special lighting. I understand if they can't have Marilyn or Franky out always, but they need the special lighting. It's there, it just needs to be turned on. I did a few tours at night the past few weeks and it was horrible. None of the lighting packages worked and it was super dark....

Reactions: DonRaf
Got to experience the so-called "Nighttime Studio Tour" tonight when I went up to the park for about 3 hours... I gotta say, I was not that impressed at all. I wasn't expecting something "OMGZ" amazing  having seen the video, but I had hoped it was better in person. For a nighttime tour, you'd think they'd make the effort to have all of the sets lit up in some way. It was way too dark. They really need to do something more if they're seriously going to make a big deal about this nighttime tour. I enjoy the Studio Tour, but this was just "meh"...

Frankenstein was not present, but then again we did bypass the European sets/Parting of the red sea entirely. Marilyn Monroe was out doing her thing though. Have to give that performer major points for being out there in the cold weather tonight.

JAWS at night is great, but was a tad too dark for when the shark pops up.