Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

One of my friends is a studio tour guide and they said that the dialogue is subtly different. In the original, Novak tells Roman to get on the ground, whereas now Novak just tells Roman that he's under arrest. According to my friend, Universal wanted to avoid certain cultural connotations surrounding the idea of a law enforcement officer holding a black man a gun point and telling him to get on the ground.

This is not the first time they've done something like this. Last October, Orlando changed the dialogue in their Bill and Ted show (Where death shows up at music festival and threatens to kill everyone in the audience) after the Las Vegas shooting.

Thanks for the explanation, the dialogue difference is also in the new Orlando version

Something new I noticed on Fast and Furious, they badly redubbed agent Novaks voice when he is trying to arrest Roman, but the dialogue appears to be the same.
I noticed the voice change also. The tour guide also didn't mention the dodge charger or play any of the pre-show videos for the attraction.

I almost wish they would do express trams only so we could skip this mess of an attraction!

I would be completely fine with them converting two of the older trams into extended "party buses", give the ride it's own little queue with a preshow video and let it be on it's own. Heck if they wanted to they could put live actors in the first room and get rid of the awkward video from Tyrese.

With that said I would also be fine with them relocating all of the assets of Hollywood's fast and furious to Beijing for their version.

Last edited:
I really miss King Kong Encounter, which is far more scary than the stand-alone version at USF.>:O
Orlando's original KONGfrontation was amazing... same with the original Studio Tour Kong attraction that was a victim of the 2008 backlot fire... :'(

C'mon, let's be real here: Supercharged isn't Uni's best work, but I'll take it any day over the vortex tunnel or that close-up experience.
Nope.. no way. Those two former attractions were 10x better because they were practical effect based and NOT a stupid screen :fist: I still say they should convert the old "Extreme Close-Up" experience into a JW raptor encounter..

Oh yea.. speaking of Jurassic Park on the Studio Tour.. soooo while on it the other week, I noticed THIS signage was missing..
Sd8MXec.jpg

From RyanThemepark,

I didn't notice anything different today regarding the projectors. Maybe because I sat in the first car where your field of vision is limited.

I noticed Earthquake felt extra violent today while in the first car. I usually sit in the third car.

There was also something brand new on the tour today. Even our tour guide said this was brand new to him. After going through Flash Flood, you'd normally turn right on James Steward Ave. to European St. This time, we turned left on James Stewart Ave., past the underwater tank and in front of the new SS 24-27 near Park Lake and through the old Red Sea before making our way to European St. This allowed for a rare backside view of Courthouse Square.

I wonder if this might be a possible new tour route or if it was because of the current filming on the Metropolitan sets.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that the main FBI guy in the F&F party scene is a different actor now or is it just me?