Studio Tour | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel exactly the same. My 7 year old son is really getting into all the Jurassic movies and he missed the Lost World comm center last time we were there. So, this time he was really excited to look out for it. We start to move past the WotW set and he was so disappointed when it wasn't there. He kept asking "where is it?", all I could see was the little waterfall and benches :(

The Lost World sets were condemned and falling apart. Thay had to be removed for safety. Once again, film sets aren't designed to last for 20+ years.

Reactions: SnideRemarksDept
In a morbid sense, they've basically left Gasolina on a physical dry.

I saw this earlier and said to myself. I'm surprised they just left it there almost untouched. I would've thought they gutted it by this time, hell how many years has it been since they closed this portion?

I saw this earlier and said to myself. I'm surprised they just left it there almost untouched. I would've thought they gutted it by this time, hell how many years has it been since they closed this portion?

What I find the most fascinating, is that they left the Kuka arms completely to dry.

I would've thought that the arms would at the point of the closure of the simulation; be removed.

Reactions: ush.hacker
They should use that area as a short HHN maze or scarezone. Use the Kuka arms like they how one of them is used in the Dementors scene in FJ. It's close enough to the other backlot/metro set mazes.

So on Saturday June 8th went to the park and we went on the tour. Very good tour until we got to F&F and it broke down with us in the building. Which was pretty cool to see everything lights on. Except this now has been the 3rd time in a row for us to not see it. Has it been having alot of problems or is it just Stink Pickles bad luck?

So on Saturday June 8th went to the park and we went on the tour. Very good tour until we got to F&F and it broke down with us in the building. Which was pretty cool to see everything lights on. Except this now has been the 3rd time in a row for us to not see it. Has it been having alot of problems or is it just Stink Pickles bad luck?
I went with my family a few weeks ago and they had us exit the building before we got to the after party. I was so excited to skip F&F, but then they led us around and we went through again. Very disappointing.

Bad luck? Sounds like good luck to me!

Ok, so I’m drunk right now so feel free to call me an moron if what I’m suggesting is a bad idea:

Let’s shut down the tour and tear down the sets and stages to make room for more rides. You can take the props, fake walls and everything else and relocate them to a warehouse to preserve their history. Nobody uses the back lots anymore. People shoot movies and TV on location or in Atlanta now. Why still keep them for an outdated attraction?

Ok, so I’m drunk right now so feel free to call me an moron if what I’m suggesting is a bad idea:

Let’s shut down the tour and tear down the sets and stages to make room for more rides. You can take the props, fake walls and everything else and relocate them to a warehouse to preserve their history. Nobody uses the back lots anymore. People shoot movies and TV on location or in Atlanta now. Why still keep them for an outdated attraction?
Yes you are drunk. The Studios film all the time and its a terrible idea. The studio tour is what makes USH unique amongst all the theme parks.

Um....okay. You might want to take it easy on the Bud Lite.

Well, I won't call you a moron but...

The back lot is used all the time for movie and TV shoots. And it's a unique aspect of USH - not really outdated at all. For regulars and passholders and locals the backlot might not be what they want to repeat over and over, but for out-of-state and out-of-country guests it's still pretty amazing.