Studio Tour | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I understand some aspects but when I hear an anniversary celebration I expect it to be the whole year or close to it, not four months. I don’t follow it as close being out of state so I must’ve missed it only being a summer thing. Hopefully some things can stay, I know some will have to go for Terror Tram but maybe some can stay for daily ops!
We will see, and while no official announcement this is just the summer push for people to come in. Maybe they can bring back some elements here and there and like I said hopefully HHN is tied into some of these but we wont know until HHN season and beyond

A figure would be cool, but the fact it's worded as "a giant King Kong backdrop" makes me think it'll be just a wall you stand in front of with Kong painted/plastered on it...
I kinda assumed the same thing...hope it's a figure but also because of space assumed it was just a back drop kinda photo of classic kong

Yeah, I understand some aspects but when I hear an anniversary celebration I expect it to be the whole year or close to it, not four months.
This is Universal, not Disney.

Hopefully some things can stay, I know some will have to go for Terror Tram but maybe some can stay for daily ops!
The only thing I'd expect to stay is the Runaway Train.

The photo-op aspect could possibly see a return AFTER haunt season, but it'll probably depend on "how it goes" during the summer.

This sounds awesome. Wonder what we lose from the current iteration of the Studio Tour or if it'll just be that much longer with these inclusions?

I don't think we're losing anything, unless filming is taking place in specific areas like usual.

I'm very curious how exactly they're going to handle this "get off the tram" gimmick. It's easy for VIP to do because that's just one "trolley car" of guests. It'll be interesting how much time guests will have for photo-ops.

With Terror Tram, guests have to constantly be moving in the direction of the Tram Load area back to the park, unless they're in line for a Norman Bates photo.

I have never bought a popcorn bucket in my entire life... but I think the Tram one will force me to

As far as the "get off the tram" part, back in the day when there was a tram stop, people were just allowed to stay in the stop point as long as they wanted, and just boarded another tram whenever they wanted. Of course, guides had to emphasize a lot that you had to take everything with you, as you wouldn't be continuing on the same tram. Not sure if they'll do it that way this time, but it's precedent.

So a different Shark is being used? Those wrappings make it hard to tell.

For that matter, isn't the one that used to be in the park itself now just sitting in the Jaws set or is that a different one?
The hanging shark in the JAWS attraction of the tour is very tiny compared to the old photo-op shark lol

This one in the "NOT WHO-ville" set area is definitely different. Literally the first thing I said when seeing that pic was "why does it look so small!?" I don't think it's the plastic wrap, but it's possible. Having spent an excessive amount of time hugging the shark in Orlando for 2 years after the ride closed, this doesn't seem to have the same height. I'm sure it'll be different once unwrapped & show ready.

I have never bought a popcorn bucket in my entire life... but I think the Tram one will force me to

As far as the "get off the tram" part, back in the day when there was a tram stop, people were just allowed to stay in the stop point as long as they wanted, and just boarded another tram whenever they wanted. Of course, guides had to emphasize a lot that you had to take everything with you, as you wouldn't be continuing on the same tram. Not sure if they'll do it that way this time, but it's precedent.
Iirc there was a time you could get off the tram and take photos of Wisteria Lane