Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 299 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t know why but Universal always oversells these types of things. Happened with HHN last year too, and then they’re like whoopsies lol.

Based on firsthand reports here and elsewhere, it seems it wasn't oversold initially. They must be slowly ticking up how many tickets are offered... and now we're at the point where it isn't really useful.

Based on firsthand reports here and elsewhere, it seems it wasn't oversold initially. They must be slowly ticking up how many tickets are offered... and now we're at the point where it isn't really useful.
I mean if your visiting from afar this summer (or this Christmas) your dammed either way

If you dont go in early then the ride is 90+ mins and your losing ALL the walk on rides in the morning.

Has a theme park ever been so affected by one ride/land before? Like GE opened and most the rides still had the same wait times, but at USH on "slower" days rides barley get over 60 mins lines because everyone wants to be in SNW.

I went a week ago and it got busy by 10:30 am but before that we walked on Jurassic. Mummy, Transformers, and had under 15 mins waits for Potter and flight of the hippogriff and walked on Panda.

Has a theme park ever been so affected by one ride/land before? Like GE opened and most the rides still had the same wait times, but at USH on "slower" days rides barley get over 60 mins lines because everyone wants to be in SNW.
I think animal kingdom and the opening of pandora is a more apt comparison. this is purely anecdotal, but I visited in march of 2018 and waited a couple hours for flight of passage despite rope dropping. the rest of the attractions were either very manageable waits or walk-ons.

I think this sounds about right, because when I did early access last month, I didn't have these issues at all. Then again, I did arrive to the gate about half an hour before early access began, but everyone gunned for Mario Kart and it wasn't that long of a wait, and it was only closer to 8 (the end of the hour, it was 7-8 when I went) that the lines for things gradually filled up.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm going to aim for being at the park turnstiles 30 minutes before early entry begins when I'm there in September.

Give or take, because I have no idea yet what to expect for travel time from Anaheim, nor how long it will take from the parking garage to the main gate!

Give or take, because I have no idea yet what to expect for travel time from Anaheim, nor how long it will take from the parking garage to the main gate!
depends on if it's a weekday or weekend! on a weekday, the travel time will be extremely long. you'll be dealing with multiple segments of morning commuters: out of Orange County, through Los Angeles and then (mercifully) from LA to Hollywood.

on the weekend, it should be just fine as long as you leave a couple hours before you hope to be at the park.

depends on if it's a weekday or weekend! on a weekday, the travel time will be extremely long. you'll be dealing with multiple segments of morning commuters: out of Orange County, through Los Angeles and then (mercifully) from LA to Hollywood.

on the weekend, it should be just fine as long as you leave a couple hours before you hope to be at the park.
That's... not encouraging information! I was assuming 90 minutes at the absolute worst case, probably leaving between 6 or 6:30am (assuming an 8am Early Access in September).

I will probably not be able to talk the rest of my party into anything earlier than that.

Good thing we didn't buy the USH tickets yet, I guess.

google maps estimates somewhere between 55-100 minutes if you leave at 6 a.m. on a weekday (today). I generally find those estimates to underestimate the actual time it will take. the good news is that it's less of an ordeal to get from the parking structure to the front gate in hollywood than it is in orlando.

for reference: my commute is from south orange county to santa monica — it would take me the better part of two hours to make that drive if I left at 6 a.m. the drive from anaheim to hollywood isn't quite that horrific (and it's shorter) — but there's a chance you'll be cutting it close to make it for early entry.

Is there a general time MK lowers in wait time? Like even when HP first opened, it'd go down to like 40 minutes by 5 or 6pm on a night it was open until 8.

Is there a general time MK lowers in wait time? Like even when HP first opened, it'd go down to like 40 minutes by 5 or 6pm on a night it was open until 8.
According to thrill-data, the best times to ride after opening are 3:45 PM, and 6:55 PM, but based on the heat map, wait times in the past month are still very hefty

1686963715377.png

Just did Mario Kart with someone who got to experience it for the first time who's not super theme-park savy. He said he liked it but was a little disappointed with it. His main complaint was that he wanted to focus on the scenery while he was distracted trying to do all of the things the ride wanted him to do. He described it as like trying to guzzle 100 milkshakes all at once. Interesting how there is a somewhat consistent thought here with people.

I've found it pretty manageable on weekdays around a little before it closes for the day (which is usually an hour before park close). Single rider seems to shut around an hour before the ride closes.

Might just be my excitement from today's direct speaking here, but Daisy being in Super Mario Bros. Wonder has me thinking she's absolutely fair game for a future character addition to the land. In hindsight, her getting a power-up band and being in the ride felt like an omen that Nintendo wanted to do more with her, and here we are with the newest 2D Mario. XD

Last edited:
So to update on some previous things posted here:
  • Still saw at least one of the Power Up Band dispensers in use
  • The Grand Opening Mario statues are now gone. My god, those didn't last and I'm glad I snagged one.
  • I don't think this was documented, but at the entrance, I think about a month or so ago the middle pipe at the entrance was gone for some unknown reason, but it's back now.
  • Tried going on the ride near 6:55 as previously suggested by @Cygnus. Posted wait was 90 minutes/1hr 30 min, got in about 10 minutes less than the posted wait. Seemed to be more viable than single rider in that situation since I think I saw someone who was in the middle of the outdoor fence only now reaching the castle interior by the time standby got to the visor room.
  • I got the unlucky seat on Kart 14 again, except this time turning right did not work, so I had my hopes up thinking they fixed it but nope.
    662482791153270804.webp
  • Hats have been restocked, Mario, Luigi, Toad, Yoshi, Goomba, Bowser and all. These seem to be in pretty high demand, so nab one if you were eyeing one as soon as you can. Saw a lot of people wearing various, so they really do seem to be hot items.
Morning rush still seems to be a thing, though the wait times for MK never dipped below 85 even as the land became more mangeable to walk through. Probably a given as we enter the summer season.

Last edited:
Any word on if they will change the reservation process for Toadstool? Or are we stuck with it for the long haul? It’s pretty discouraging to get there right at opening night not to find that there are no reservations available at all until 8:00PM. Like c’mon, who’s going to stay until close to eat there?

Reactions: chris.g
Any word on if they will change the reservation process for Toadstool? Or are we stuck with it for the long haul? It’s pretty discouraging to get there right at opening night not to find that there are no reservations available at all until 8:00PM. Like c’mon, who’s going to stay until close to eat there?
I would like to know the answer to this too because I haven't been able to eat there even once. Not even during the test openings.

I would like to know the answer to this too because I haven't been able to eat there even once. Not even during the test openings.
Well for starters, the site for reservations is here: nextable book Reservation
Aside from that, I think it was previously said that they open at 7AM each day, which they still do, so that's really all I can say. Guess it all comes down to when you get to the park and/or when you want to eat there.

It sadly doesn't look like reservations are going anywhere anytime soon because of the demand. Not sure if the FF coaster will help with that.

Last edited:

I feel like once summer is over and we’re in that pre-HHN, back to school season in August, it’ll probably be much, much easier to snag, especially on a weekday, even if it’s only for a few weeks.