Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I dont think Platinum will be, but I *think* (THINK!) Gold may be?
Hm...on top of that, passes seem to be on a discounted price until April 7, so that's what makes it all the more tempting, since I don't know how often that happens and they might not do it again now that the opening year for SNW has been announced.

Even so, Universal Express usage after 3PM sounds really nice, and considering I was able to use it (A UE pass) the day Jurassic World opened for softs, it might come in handy for MK.

Japan’s MK has single rider, but am worried they’ll cut it just like they cut all the lower lot rides.

Also is the after 3 express worth it? I’m debating on platinum but i feel like i wouldn’t get use out of it except summer/spring break if i wanted to go during a peak day.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I’m debating on platinum but i feel like i wouldn’t get use out of it except summer/spring break if i wanted to go during a peak day.
Same here. On one hand, it's a practical choice to eliminate the need to buy an express pass later in the day, but I also wonder how often I'd actually need it. Especially when going with friends.

Same here. On one hand, it's a practical choice to eliminate the need to buy an express pass later in the day, but I also wonder how often I'd actually need it. Especially when going with friends.

Yeah I think it only works out if everyone has the same pass. I think they got rid of single rider to make people consider it. I see a lot of new writing about reservations being required in the future so that’s also something to consider if it ever ends up like how disney is.

So I'll ask again since it got buried by the first reactions, should Platinum and Gold Passes be in the clear? Cause I'm still on my gold flex pay, so I could just cancel that at the drop of a hat and then get a Platinum pass and stick with flex pay. I just wonder if they'd hinder the days for even gold carriers once 2023 rolls around. Even so, Universal Express usage after 3PM sounds really nice, and considering I was able to use it (A UE pass) the day Jurassic World opened for softs, it might come in handy for MK.

I forget if the blackout dates we saw earlier were for Cali neighbor passes or whatever else is the lowest tier.

Also since I think it was missed, here's what the sign originally looked like:

I can give the breakdown if you (or anyone else) wants it. But in short, yes, they are significantly hindering all passes (except Platinum):
First is Gold. Gold is blocked out for portions of most weekends in January, compared to no blackout dates in January and one in February this year. Still, February is only really blocked out for President's Day weekend. None in March.
Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 1.51.46 AM.png
Next is Silver, which is pretty rough. Not sure what the blackout situation was for this year as I don't have a silver pass, but pretty sure it was much much lighter. January is usually a really slow month, so there might not have been any. Definitely only either one or two for February in 2022 and March had zero:

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 1.52.51 AM.png
And lastly is the Neighbor Pass. We still can't see March yet but January and February are looking pretty bad and had nowhere near this amount 2022:
Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 1.54.40 AM.png

Now, the grain of salt here is that, of course, there was still COVID hitting pretty hard when they made these blackout calendars for 2022, so it would be far more useful to see how it compares to 2019/2020 if that were possible. However, I'm pretty sure even then it was nowhere near this amount.

I can’t think of an instance (Except for Springfield in 2015) where USH released concept art. They’ve always kept things close to their chest.

I think the only time outside of Springfield, was really the several iterations of the NBCUniversal Evolution Plan, and currently the Creative Campus and the Barham/Red Sea stages. But that's more studio-centric and not oriented for the park.