Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am fine to. I will be there to enjoy the ride and the atmosphere, not to look at seams (not seems) in fake hillsides.
too*

The hills can still be ugly even if its not in the primary or secondary focus of SNW. From sneaky pictures inside the land, it is pretty noticeable and add to Hollywood's rep of getting the downgraded rides and lands.

Reactions: salismetho
the seams can still be ugly even if its not in the primary or secondary focus of the land. from sneaky pictures inside the land, it is pretty noticeable adding to hollywood's rep of getting the downgraded rides and lands
What if Japan was built the same way. Would we be having this discussion??

How are people who haven’t even stepped foot in the place already complaining about “the experience”?
Yeah maybe I shouldn’t have worded it like that, that’s my bad. Just disappointed at how much worse the rest of the Lower Lot looks now. Even JW lets you see the backside of Beanpole which isn’t themed. If USH wants to charge near Disney prices then I think it’s fair to expect a higher standard with that sort of thing. Like they could’ve themed a side of SNW to actually fit in with the JW land but it’s just bare

Reactions: alias8703
I don't want to contribute too much to the hills discussion, as this thread has gotten really nasty in the past.

With that said, I do feel that the "seams" might detract a bit from the illusion of depth, but we don't know for sure yet.

But let's look at Japan's hills: images (12).jpeg
images (13).jpeg
They're thick and three dimensional. It creates this really cool illusion.

Hollywood hills:1668224134430 (1).png
They're completely flat and two dimensional, along with the tile look. How is that going to look at night? Maybe the hills won't look tiled within the land itself?

I'm just hoping the design hollywood decided to go with doesn't detract from the immersion. I could care less about what it looks like on the outside of the land, as that's not the point.

But let's look at Japan's hills:
View attachment 17882
They're thick and three dimensional. It creates this really cool illusion.

Hollywood hills:View attachment 17883
They're completely flat and two dimensional, along with the tile look. How is that going to look at night? Maybe the hills won't look tiled within the land itself?
To be fair, your pic from Japan doesn’t appear to be immersive at all. I don’t see “tiles” but the hills looks flat, and the forced perspective of the castle is way less effective — in fact it doesn’t even register.

That’s always the case with photos, though. Things always — always — look more impressive in person. I wouldn’t judge the “immersiveness” of Japan based on this photo any more than I would of a photo of Hollywood.

As the person who is very excited for this land....I still think they kinda messed up in a few areas without walking in the land

For one...space, if they plan on leveling more area for the parks this should have gotten more land and not waited 5 years to make more room. We lost a ride and space and gained nothing (SLOP would have been built with or without Yoshi ride)

I think they should have also taken out the two restaurants near the Entrance to make another exit or just widened the path.

While this land will be very cool and fun, it sadly will be the smallest and weakest all all the versions and really didn't have to be.

As for the castle it looks great but yeah....direct photo's with the hills might not be 100% what everyone really wants but honestly thats the least of my worries. I worry about the limited space, lines for the rides, food and games, how timing will work in the land and so on.

As the person who is very excited for this land....I still think they kinda messed up in a few areas without walking in the land

For one...space, if they plan on leveling more area for the parks this should have gotten more land and not waited 5 years to make more room. We lost a ride and space and gained nothing (SLOP would have been built with or without Yoshi ride)

I think they should have also taken out the two restaurants near the Entrance to make another exit or just widened the path.

While this land will be very cool and fun, it sadly will be the smallest and weakest all all the versions and really didn't have to be.

As for the castle it looks great but yeah....direct photo's with the hills might not be 100% what everyone really wants but honestly thats the least of my worries. I worry about the limited space, lines for the rides, food and games, how timing will work in the land and so on.
I don’t think anyone can comprehend why Panda Express and the other food place didn’t get torn down.

That is on the outside of the land and would not be seen from the inside. However, do we know that they’re not going to cover that?
View attachment 17884
Wow, look at that exposed steel surrounding the hills :eek:k:this really does look great and I can't criticize it at all! :p
Credit: https://www.youtube.com/@MouseVibes
Do we know if they’re going to cover this up or not? And two, it is outside the land so would not ruin the experience from the inside.

That is on the outside of the land and would not be seen from the inside. However, do we know that they’re not going to cover that?

Do we know if they’re going to cover this up or not? And two, it is outside the land so would not ruin the experience from the inside.
Unortunately, the land will be visible to every guest inside the park who is going down the Starway. It still sucks to see even if its not inside the land.
Surely it would've been covered up by now but who knows, maybe they gave up on it like they did with the sky mural.

Unortunately, the land will be visible to every guest inside the park who is going down the Starway. It still sucks to see even if its not inside the land.
Oh no, it is? Well, that changes everything. Every single person going down the escalator who sees the exposed steel is going to turn around and go right back up the escalator in tears. Someone of them might not even make it back up — they’ll pass out after having the illusion ruined for them. What was Universal thinking?

Surely it would've been covered up by now but who knows, maybe they gave up on it like they did with the sky mural.
My brother in Christ, the park is on a hill. You can see into every show building known to man.

How do we know though that is what I’m asking.

My brother in Christ, the park is on a hill. You can see into every show building known to man.
Ok, let's account for that in future designs then and make the Lower Lot look pretty good. Actually, nah, can't afford that lol.

It will probably be a great land with a great ride. But the way that it looks from the outside can still be a bummer!

Not everything is black and white, massive hater or blindworshipper. Is it unfair to like something but want it to be better?

Last edited:
How are people who haven’t even stepped foot in the place already complaining about “the experience”?
If we are able to see them from the StarWay (in person), then I can’t even imagine how it’ll look even closer within the land. It looks atrocious and super distracting in person around the entrance area by Transformers unfortunately.