Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm getting a different message on 3 out 4 browsers.

Please be patient with the Pass Member Preview reservation system as high demand may slow site performance.

I'm reading this as they know the system is going to completely crash if they attempt this with their current setup.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I guess because people would get mad....but could they just make it where AP's show up on those days and its first come first serve and use the machines on site for entry into the land if you dont get there first?

Great... So it could be an hour from now or a day from now, right? I shifted plans so I could be ready to do this at 1:30, as I'm sure a lot of us did; now it's anybody's guess when it could be available and a lot of us are going to get screwed by not being able to be checking every ten minutes all day long.

i have a work meeting that starts exactly at 1:30pm where i have to be actively involved and i'm just hoping it gets cancelled for the day so i can sit here and refresh :yuck:

I don't see it either, but my husband saw that message just a few minutes ago. The message I see now is: Please be patient with the Pass Member Preview reservation system as high demand may slow site performance.

I'm reading this as they know the system is going to completely crash if they attempt this with their current setup.
How could they not have predicted this though? (Actually, better question might be why haven't they updated this janky website in years?)

That does beg the question of how do I do a cache clear refresh on mobile. Just to be safe, yknow? Then again I finally saw it after checking the site on another browser.
Incognito/private browser works too!

Reactions: BriefCasey
I guess because people would get mad....but could they just make it where AP's show up on those days and its first come first serve and use the machines on site for entry into the land if you dont get there first?
You answered your question: people would get furious and start slinging death threats.

No inside info here (at least at the moment), but I'm expecting them to just drop it when enough people navigate away.

Just got this message when I loggin in with a new browser.

Due to a temporary network outage, there is a delay with today’s reservations. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible and apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back and we look forward to you experiencing SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ soon.

No inside info here (at least at the moment), but I'm expecting them to just drop it when enough people navigate away.
"Network outage" is vague enough that this could definitely be true. And like, they had to have done some level of stress testing and QA ahead of time.Maybe they're looking at Google Analytics and waiting for the number of active users to dip below a certain number before they add the link.

It's just so amateur, though.

Reactions: Clive and Freak
Maybe they're looking at Google Analytics and waiting for the number of active users to dip below a certain number before they add the link.

It's just so amateur, though.
I really hope they don't do that. I also shot a DM to their Twitter hoping for transparency on what kind of delay/how long whenever possible.

Last edited: