Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To point direction to a topic more..probable in bringing up, @Disneyhead seemed to insinuate that Hollywood may be freezing the project for a period of time, so they can work on getting the Orlando SNW going faster.

If Hollywood is getting a freeze that'd eliminate it from 2021, that'd then mean SNW if they begin "soon" is close to a year and a year and a half in construction timelines. If, they are going into 2022 for a national push.
Dumb question but with normally how things work it cost more to build later...would it in the long run save then to just finish now and sit on Nintendoland than to stop and come back in a yearish time?

I guess most are looking at short term gains but if in the end the freeze costs you a few million more...I'd just eat the cost and get it over with. but if it would cost the same I guess sure why not wait for it since when they do open back up they can advertise Pets and Jurassic Worlds Upgrades to get you back in

To point direction to a topic more..probable in bringing up, @Disneyhead seemed to insinuate that Hollywood may be freezing the project for a period of time, so they can work on getting the Orlando SNW going faster.

If Hollywood is getting a freeze that'd eliminate it from 2021, that'd then mean SNW if they begin "soon" is close to a year and a year and a half in construction timelines. If, they are going into 2022 for a national push.

Isn't Orlando SNW slated for Epic Universe, which is also on hold? I think, at most, SNW Hollywood would be delayed a year, but Epic Universe is delayed until 2024.

Epic Universe as it was, is apparently dead. @Disneyhead and @Alicia have heard movement going fast for Orlando to get SNW going again at Kidzone.
If true, that buys Hollywood time. If we’re through the crisis and getting back to normal by that point, they can open both at roughly the same time with a huge bicoastal post-pandemic marketing push.

They’ll need something like that, because I can’t imagine anything else is getting built at the American parks beyond the JW coaster and these lands — not for a long time, at least.

They're not going to freeze construction in Hollywood, just to allow Orlando to "catch up". It would take more than 6 months for Orlando to tear down everything, land prep and then build as much as Hollywood has thus far. We're just simply too far along in Hollywood for a "pause" that would end up only costing them more. I think its more likely they fast track Orlando and work overtime to "try to catch up", which they never completely will but close enough where Universal can run a campaign like Galaxy's Edge. Hollywood opening Spring/Summer, Orlando opening Winter.

* Anxiously awaiting Santa Clarita Drone's next video to show construction is full steam ahead. *
I mean we have heard rumors before....and then things still keep going at one point it stopped for maybe a month but overall its been moving and think it would be weird to stop

Reactions: alias8703
First ever up close look at the ride vehicles in Mario Kart thanks to prematurely posted videos. AR will put the race “right in front of you”, the attraction is listed as 5 minutes in length, has a 42 inch height requirement, and is described as “a number of courses full of surprises appear right in front of you with the latest technology unique to the park.”

Media removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m amazed that the videos have been up for 3 months.
I’m amazed that the videos have been up for 3 months.
I could not find it...so looks like post anything here might catch the wrong attention

Also i never get why they would take this down...likke Ohhh no free advertisement for something I want people to know about, its like how in the park when you past the land on the tram they are like "something new is coming"

How about the biggest sign you can get saying "Nintendoland featuring Mario Kart" I was on a tram with friends and told them this is where the land is going some family overheard me and asked about it and said they can't wait for that...but Universal has for some reason been very quite on this land to the public after announcing the partnership

While maybe different screens themselves, this is sooooo gonna be a full ride like the final Gringotts scene, full immersion all around you, and this will likely have more intricate sets built into them. Especially if that 2nd photo is anywhere close-ish to the truth, this will be sooooo dope. Omg finally have some Mario Kart news to talk about!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
One to control each of the kart’s wheels individually, obviously!

In seriousness, it’s a curious question, but I wonder if it’s more just for aesthetic purposes than a practical one so people don’t feel like passengers.
What if everyone tries to "steer" at the same time, maybe the AR was even going to have some sort of lines to try and stay centered on, and the better your whole car does at keeping within the lines, the faster you go against the other car. Mild difference in speed, but enough to beat the other car at the "race". Plus, throwing shells helps you slow them down, and hitting other targets earns you points.

Or, the wheels are just for collecting special blocks, which again can only be seen in AR. You "steer" towards the special blocks and collect them before throwing your shell.

In any case, the actual ride path never changes, but the steering wheel is an OPTIONAL way to interact with the attraction.

Just thinking out loud, not anything I've heard.

Also, this patent has 4 steering wheels. Just sayin.

us20170166221a1-20170615-d00001.jpg

Also, this patent has 4 steering wheels. Just sayin.

us20170166221a1-20170615-d00001.jpg

Not to mention 4 shift knobs. What's 38 and 40? Gas and brake pedals? What if the steering wheels turn in tandem like those driving school cars. And why is the back row facing backwards? Reminds me of those old station wagons where the 3rd row is rear-facing.

What if everyone tries to "steer" at the same time, maybe the AR was even going to have some sort of lines to try and stay centered on, and the better your whole car does at keeping within the lines, the faster you go against the other car. Mild difference in speed, but enough to beat the other car at the "race".

I actually really dig this particular idea! It’s another way for everyone in the kart to contribute to “winning” and emphasize teamwork in a fun way while keeping it appropriately hectic for everyone. Plus it takes the onus off, say, a single someone having to be the driver to the point where they can’t focus on throwing shells and all the other fun stuff.

Reactions: Alicia