Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SNW is 2 years away from opening! Does any insider know what time of the year Uni plans to open the land? Early, mid, or late 2021....

SNW is 2 years away from opening! Does any insider know what time of the year Uni plans to open the land? Early, mid, or late 2021....
I'm guessing right before summer. Really want to capitalize on the summer peak season.

With no knowledge..I'm somewhat conflicted, moreso in part to Mario Kart.

It'll still be about a year (if anything, over that) after the Osaka opening; and it may be possible that there may be technical issues to be bound that could cause this to be later than we think.

Also, it's going to vary on how fast they can do this too.

Looking from the aerials, and from what I can..guess,

Mario Kart is looking to be about 1.56 acres, as it will inhabit the former lots of Soundstage 28 and 22-23.

If somehow, Panda; the Studio Store and restrooms stay (but Studio Deli goes), it'd give them potentially around 1.83 acres.

That'd be about 3.39 Acres. For reference, Hogsmeade clocks in at 6 acres.

Nintendo, will have the benefit of being a multi-level structure; but it's going to be fascinating to see how much they can cram & cut.

EDIT: Coming in again, but this is what it could..fesibly look like, if they went with getting rid of Panda/Studio Store/Restrooms..

upload_2019-1-22_16-11-27.png

tHtfWAZ.png

Last edited:
Looking from the aerials, and from what I can..guess,

Mario Kart is looking to be about 1.56 acres, as it will inhabit the former lots of Soundstage 28 and 22-23.

If somehow, Panda; the Studio Store and restrooms stay (but Studio Deli goes), it'd give them potentially around 1.83 acres.

That'd be about 3.39 Acres. For reference, Hogsmeade clocks in at 6 acres.

Nintendo, will have the benefit of being a multi-level structure; but it's going to be fascinating to see how much they can cram & cut.

EDIT: Coming in again, but this is what it could..fesibly look like, if they went with getting rid of Panda/Studio Store/Restrooms..

View attachment 8744

tHtfWAZ.png

Aren't some insiders saying that DK will end up here? Where on earth could that go?

Reactions: SOCAL110
Here's how I think it'll go down:

- USJ gets Mario Kart and the Yoshi Ride at opening (as we know), with the possibility of a Donkey Kong expansion featuring the mine cart coaster down the road.
- USH gets a slimmed down version of the land that mostly resembles what we see at USJ, except no possibility of DK expansion.
- USO/Fantastic Worlds gets the definitive and largest version of SNW when it eventually opens, featuring MK, Yoshi and DK right out of the gate.

Here's how I think it'll go down:

- USJ gets Mario Kart and the Yoshi Ride at opening (as we know), with the possibility of a Donkey Kong expansion featuring the mine cart coaster down the road.
- USH gets a slimmed down version of the land that mostly resembles what we see at USJ, except no possibility of DK expansion.
- USO/Fantastic Worlds gets the definitive and largest version of SNW when it eventually opens, featuring MK, Yoshi and DK right out of the gate.

Not sure I would go down the 'no possibility of DK expansion' route for USH. If they want it, they will make space.

any update on stages 22 and 23,24 getting demolished to make more space for Nintendo? I remember a while back it was somewhat confirmed that these stages where going away for more theme park space.