Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm so salty we'll never get animatronics (or even figures) of Mario & Friends but I'm still excited beyond belief.
Yeah, minecart madness looks like the best E-ticket representation for DK that we could ask for. I feel like Mario Kart may feel a little lacking once it opens.

I still think they should’ve done a regular Super Mario ride where Mario and Luigi actually get the spotlight and animatronics. Mario Kart features surprisingly little content in terms of the characters (i was hoping for a bowser animatronic). MK is fine as a stand alone experience but I just don’t think it works well as the main ‘Mario ride’ when compared to something like minecart madness (even given our lack of details)

Reactions: youhow2
A Mario Ride will come, Nintendo wanted a Game ride to be unique and I am happy it was Mario Kart....over making gen one Mario

I think a Mario E ticket will come (the movie made a billion) but I'm glad it will be later then Gen one, I think Nintendo lands and attractions will only evolve to be better and better.

Hot Dam....I hope at least the bag merch and some other merch makes it way to the states next year

Lets hope and pray USH has a change of heart and decides to build this seeing (Theoretically at least) how fast this baby can crank people through.
Me too

This seems like just suchhhhhh a good coaster to switch out for the Mummy...it fits the theme of the lower lot both Jurassic and SNW, it will draw more people then mummy but offer similar levels of thrills, Make coaster people happy and makes people like me who like theming happy plus like you and others said it can eat people quicker then we thought it would

Impressive that it seems to send another car every 15 +/- seconds. I was worried about capacity, but this seems like it could crank people through...

How big are these carts, though? 4 to a person, presumably? That means the capacity will still be very low for what's sure to be a high-demand attraction.

If we assume 4 to a cart and a 15 second dispatch rate, that only puts the theoretical maximum riders per hour at 960.

How big are these carts, though? 4 to a person, presumably? That means the capacity will still be very low for what's sure to be a high-demand attraction.

If we assume 4 to a cart and a 15 second dispatch rate, that only puts the theoretical maximum riders per hour at 960.
Which is not GREAT throughput, but it's decent compared to what it could be.

Wonder if we might still get the DK hat, tins and bag here in Hollywood. They did sell some villain-con merch over here when it opened in Orlando, even though it's exclusive to there.

Also, now I'm split between doing gradually taking in what's not in Hollywood once EU opens or just bolting for DK as my first ride there once I'm able to go there. One thing for sure is that Orlando SNW will be my first choice to go.

Seeing that giant golden monkey facade hits different than any of the videos I've seen of SNW. It's unreal in the best way! Can't wait to see it in EU.

Capacity might be a little low but at least the line should feel faster when it's constantly moving.

The source video shows they're testing with multiple trains:

EDIT: This video is also absurdly well produced, has coherent translation, and has lots of unique details about the attraction, such as the mine kart seemingly ascending up cobblestones rather than track as it approaches the launch barrel.

EDIT 2: Reverse perspective of the land, including a "good" view at the Rambi the Rhino Bongo play area. Another interesting detail is that the coaster appears to either "skid" or "jump" over a section of collapsed temple stone right before it rounds the corner into the temple proper. This section of the video at 12:15 also gives you a good sense of just how close Donkey Kong and Potter abut up against each other.

Rambi.jpg

Last edited:
Oof.. Looking at the seating for the ride in more high quality, looks so restrictive. Reminds me of the same seating as RRR :sob:

Me too

This seems like just suchhhhhh a good coaster to switch out for the Mummy...it fits the theme of the lower lot both Jurassic and SNW, it will draw more people then mummy but offer similar levels of thrills, Make coaster people happy and makes people like me who like theming happy plus like you and others said it can eat people quicker then we thought it would
Hollywood needs more expansion and mummy is a good ride,