Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are they building more than just Mario or are they just trying to keep it secret until later?

Official announcement says they gonna put Mario Kart but rest are secret.
Rumor says Donkey Kong ride and Pokemons are coming to USJ as well.

Desperately hoping there's video of the ceremony somewhere.

Ceremony was for presses so there will be on TV news by evening I guess.
Keep your eye on youtube and search for "USJ 任天堂" or "USJ マリオ"

Last edited by a moderator:
Some rumor says USJ is trying to open Nintendo in 2019 so maybe opening date can be earlier.
But it's just a rumor and official announcement says 2020 for now.

They announced Potter as late 2014 and then opened in July of 2014. So they aren't without precedent of upping their timeline. Unless July is considered 'late'.

NBC Universal, Inc. - Job details
NBC Universal, Inc. - Job details

interesting....especially this part:
Must have 7-10 years experience designing experience-based attractions and/or lands for
WORLD-CLASS THEME PARKS; must have at least 5 - 7 years production design and field experience based on Universal Creative standards. Experience must include work on one or more "E-Ticket" attractions. No other job assignment has had this requirement so this is huge.

My understanding is two attractions for Osaka, no Pokemon, and nothing outside of Mario for phase 1.

On the news, announcement said there will be several attractions and shows.
And there will be other characters also, not only Mario.
So maybe they are building least 2 rider attractions.

Reactions: Porkchop
I love the use of space. When I watch the rendered video I get the feeling when you step into the tube and get into the land you are enclosed 360. All ride buildings are making up that level except for the center where it looks to have a stage.
The second level has many shops and probably the entrances for the rides (that are always on a hire level anyway). There is so much smart use off space, I love it!